Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth spending £25m..... 19:15 - Aug 7 with 15081 viewsHerbivore

....on one player. It just feels wrong. They're a tiny tinpot club and I declare that football is officially broken: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45072577

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:16 - Aug 7 with 6555 viewsElderGrizzly

With a guaranteed income of near £150m a season?
Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:16 - Aug 7 with 6557 viewspointofblue

They bought their way through this division (no matter what the press said about "plucky little Bournemouth") and are now reeping the awards.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:16 - Aug 7 with 6548 viewsSuperblue95

They can spend 250 million if they like. They are, always have been, and always will be a tiny tinpot club

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:16 - Aug 7 with 6543 viewscobbler

HOw can you say tinpot they are premier side and worth a lot more than us jealousy has no bounds.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 19:17]
Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:19 - Aug 7 with 6506 viewspointofblue

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:16 - Aug 7 by cobbler

HOw can you say tinpot they are premier side and worth a lot more than us jealousy has no bounds.

They're still a club that bought their status rather than earned it on the pitch - like a poorer version of Manchester City.

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:19 - Aug 7 with 6492 viewspoppiesman

I wish Ipswich were a tiny tinpot club like Bournemouth then.
Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:21 - Aug 7 with 6469 viewsRegencyBlue

If getting more than £100 million a year from the Premier League and having rich owners who are prepared to spend on their squad makes you tinpot - bring it on!
Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:23 - Aug 7 with 6447 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They spent £20m on one player last year. Not a huge difference.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:23 - Aug 7 with 6445 viewsRegencyBlue

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:19 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

They're still a club that bought their status rather than earned it on the pitch - like a poorer version of Manchester City.

And if we had done the same would you be complaining?
Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:27 - Aug 7 with 6399 viewsHerbivore

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:16 - Aug 7 by cobbler

Not jealous at all. I actually quite like the Championship. If we think there's too much financial disparity in this league it's nothing compared to the Prem. Sure a tinpot club like Bournemouth can buy their way there but the aim total of their aspirations is to finish 17th or above each year. Going up is exciting, staying up first season too. After that it just looks like a massive grind. And they'll never win anything or be a proper club with a footballing history.

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:27 - Aug 7 with 6401 viewsGarv

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:19 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

So easy to say that without actually watching them. You'd be well upset if we went up having spent money along the way and someone accused us buying success.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:27 - Aug 7 with 6398 viewsjas0999

... now an established premier league club.
Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:28 - Aug 7 with 6390 viewsIllinoisblue

I hope it all goes wrong for them

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:29 - Aug 7 with 6377 viewspointofblue

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:27 - Aug 7 by Garv

So easy to say that without actually watching them. You'd be well upset if we went up having spent money along the way and someone accused us buying success.

No, I would accept the charge. I would also point out that I couldn't care less because we've become more successful off the back of it.

Let's be blunt, they possibly wouldn't even be a mainstay in the Championship without the additional cash.

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:30 - Aug 7 with 6374 viewsHerbivore

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:27 - Aug 7 by jas0999

... now an established premier league club.

Are they really though? They spent a big chunk of last season flirting with the relegation zone. I'm not sure many outside the top 7 or 8 are genuinely established. They all just want to stay up.

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:04 - Aug 7 with 6226 viewschristiand

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:16 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

They bought their way through this division (no matter what the press said about "plucky little Bournemouth") and are now reeping the awards.

And we wouldn’t do the same if given half a chance and ME loosened the purse strings? Of course we would and if you think differently you’re telling porkies!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:05 - Aug 7 with 6212 viewspointofblue

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:04 - Aug 7 by christiand

And we wouldn’t do the same if given half a chance and ME loosened the purse strings? Of course we would and if you think differently you’re telling porkies!

As I said above...

No, I would accept the charge. I would also point out that I couldn't care less because we've become more successful off the back of it.

Let's be blunt, they possibly wouldn't even be a mainstay in the Championship without the additional cash.

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:06 - Aug 7 with 6209 viewschristiand

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 19:16 - Aug 7 by Superblue95

They can spend 250 million if they like. They are, always have been, and always will be a tiny tinpot club

A touch envious? But you are hiding it so well Superblue!

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:10 - Aug 7 with 6182 viewschristiand

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:05 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

As I said above...

Bournemouth? The season they won promotion they played some great stuff. When they came to PR we couldn’t get out of our own half for the majority of the game, it was a joy to watch.

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:11 - Aug 7 with 6175 viewsWeekender

Agree football is broken financially but not Bournemouth’s fault. Great club with good fans and had plenty of hard times. Not that long ago they were having collections at the ground to keep going. Good luck to them.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:14 - Aug 7 with 6162 viewspointofblue

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:10 - Aug 7 by christiand

Bournemouth? The season they won promotion they played some great stuff. When they came to PR we couldn’t get out of our own half for the majority of the game, it was a joy to watch.

With Kenwyne Jones up front... how high were his wages again??? Don't get me wrong they've got up there and held their own, credit to them, but it's the "plucky little Bournemouth" thing which stuck in my throat then and it still does now.

But as I said would I accept Ipswich going up the same way and staying there the same way? Hell yes. But I'd accept the cash injection had a lot/all to do with it.

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:19 - Aug 7 with 6142 viewsBlueNomad

It was only a few years ago that Town appeared to consider painting the turnstiles as something significant so be careful who you call tinpot!

Yes Bournemouth broke the rules when they went up but not on the scale a lot of our rivals have done over the past couple of years. They have a massive catchment area and when the new, larger stadium is built they will be far bigger than us in every way.
Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:22 - Aug 7 with 6125 viewsSuperblue95

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:06 - Aug 7 by christiand

A touch envious? But you are hiding it so well Superblue!

Not really, they spend millions upon millions to barely scrape survival in the prem.

They had to spend millions to get up in the first place and spent the most part of the season cheating. They have no history and when the bubble bursts they will have a bleak future too.

We have a great history and are doing things the right way. I'd still rather be us than them, despite them enjoying a few seasons of top flight footie

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:24 - Aug 7 with 6112 viewswkj

To be fair Lerma is a blooming good capture for them, I hope he adapts to the Premier league as he is a decent player.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:31 - Aug 7 with 6072 viewsBlueNomad

Bournemouth spending £25m..... on 20:22 - Aug 7 by Superblue95

Not really, they spend millions upon millions to barely scrape survival in the prem.

They had to spend millions to get up in the first place and spent the most part of the season cheating. They have no history and when the bubble bursts they will have a bleak future too.

We have a great history and are doing things the right way. I'd still rather be us than them, despite them enjoying a few seasons of top flight footie

They sold several players in order to finance their purchases. Several of the team were playing for them in L2 and are still there*. Matt Richie cost £400k. From memory it was just the loan fee and salary for Kenwyn Jones that got stupid. Give them some credit!

*(Think Francis, Cook, Daniels, Pugh, Arter, Fraser, Smith....)
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 20:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024