Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now 10:05 - Aug 8 with 1961 viewsunstableblue

Waghorn was class... even in pre-season he’s been doing things of beauty!

But having just watched the Jackson highlights from last season... this guy looks dangerous, powerful and skillfull.

Again it’s all lower leagues... all need to prove - and that’s why wins against Exeter and Rotherham would settle us down nicely ahead of the Villa match.

If he and Nolan and toto sign today... and potentially Tilt I really have no idea of what the system is going to be

I thought Harrison was a starter, as will be Nolan, Edwards, and also Ward. Chalobah and Skuse also seem nailed on. So can’t see how Paul is planning to squeeze them all in and in what formation!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:09 - Aug 8 with 1911 viewsSomethingBlue

There's no need to squeeze them all in — the entire idea is to have proper competition for places in every position. It'll be 4-2-3-1, broadly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:13 - Aug 8 with 1871 viewsGuthrum

5-6-3 formation and hope nobody notices.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:16 - Aug 8 with 1834 viewsOsborneOneNil

I wouldn’t say Skuse is a nailed on starter. Might be wrong!
Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:18 - Aug 8 with 1805 viewsmanchego

I would imagine, some new guys won't quite be up to scratch. Some guys will be injured ( as they are now ) and others will get the usual suspensions.
Others will dip in and out of form.
Beyond that we need 15 or so fit, in form players.
Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:21 - Aug 8 with 1756 viewsxrayspecs

I can see the following...

Bart
Donacien - Chambers - Nsiala - Knudsen
Skuse - Chabolah
Edwards - Nolan - Jackson
Harrison

My only concern is where the likes of Downes, Nydam and Dozzell will fit into this formation.
Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:24 - Aug 8 with 1713 viewsIpswichKnight

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:21 - Aug 8 by xrayspecs

Bart
Skuse - Chabolah
Harrison

My only concern is where the likes of Downes, Nydam and Dozzell will fit into this formation.

Don't forget Grant Ward as well! my theory on this is that Downes and Dozzell will probably feed in for injuries and rest for one of Skuse, Chabolah and Nolan.
Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:27 - Aug 8 with 1663 viewsHullblue

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:21 - Aug 8 by xrayspecs

Bart
Skuse - Chabolah
Harrison

That's the exact team I would expect.

Dozzell and Downes would be backup for Skuse and Chabolah. Nydam will be backup for Nolan. Only becomes a slight issue if Huws and Bishop miraculously get fit!

I'm more worried about us at CB - hope we get someone in before the deadline.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:29 - Aug 8 with 1637 viewsPositivelyPortman

Funny how everyone was saying how ‘thin’ our squad is.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:30 - Aug 8 with 1615 viewseireblue

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:13 - Aug 8 by Guthrum

5-6-3 formation and hope nobody notices.

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:32 - Aug 8 with 1588 viewsDubtractor

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:09 - Aug 8 by SomethingBlue

There's no need to squeeze them all in — the entire idea is to have proper competition for places in every position. It'll be 4-2-3-1, broadly.

Exactly this.

And with them stepping up a level they won't expect to be nailed on starters.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 12:31 - Aug 8 with 1434 viewsBrixtonBlue

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:29 - Aug 8 by PositivelyPortman

Funny how everyone was saying how ‘thin’ our squad is.

Well it was, to be fair.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 12:37 - Aug 8 with 1383 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Bart
Skuse - Chabolah
Harrison

They'll be in the bench for now. Dozzell will start once he's 100%.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 12:39 - Aug 8 with 1359 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 10:16 - Aug 8 by OsborneOneNil

I wouldn’t say Skuse is a nailed on starter. Might be wrong!

Nor would I.

He'll play for now due to his experience but he needs to have a good season or he will be out of the 11. Same with our captain.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Waghorn sad, Jackson happy, but what selection now on 12:42 - Aug 8 with 1333 viewsTheDailyTractor

Don't think Hurst was particularly impressed with a couple of the starting 11 last week whoever they were. I'd expect them to drop out.

From Saturday id expect

Nsiala to replace Spence.
Nolan to replace Skuse.

If done Jackson may replace sears although I reckon he'll be on the bench
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 12:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024