Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time 12:30 - Aug 8 with 2477 viewsgiant_stow

and what was the right age to do so.

Well last night, I took my 5 year old to Orient and he bludy loved it! It helped that we were sat with mates right in the singing stand (weirdly, this is also the family stand), it was a cracking game with 4,700 so a good atmosphere. By the end, he was joining in the chants (the O's only have a few, so easy to learn) and up off his feet all the time! Had to buy a top for him he loved it so much

Anyway, just thought I'd encourage anyone wondering about it to give it a whirl - could be a surprise hit!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:31 - Aug 8 with 2454 viewsfooters

Here's hoping he grows up to be a big O's fan!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:38 - Aug 8 with 2402 viewsSteve_M

Glad to hear it, especially as no-one will need to report you to social services for cruelty to your child. At this rate Nodge will be your fourth team by the end of the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:42 - Aug 8 with 2380 viewsBlueStreak

I took my three and a half year old to PR for the first time Saturday and she absolutely loved it. Clapped at all the right times and tried to sing the songs.

Has asked to go again when we get back from Portugal.

Absolutely loved hearing her saying that and seeing her in full kit melted my stone heart. Really hope we can get a season ticket together and go together for years to come.
There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:42 - Aug 8 with 2373 viewsBrixtonBlue

He probably loved not having to look at any green and yellow.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:45 - Aug 8 with 2352 viewsgiant_stow

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:31 - Aug 8 by footers

Here's hoping he grows up to be a big O's fan!

There's a danger of that for sure. Orient this that and the other by the end of the game!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:47 - Aug 8 with 2346 viewsgiant_stow

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:38 - Aug 8 by Steve_M

Glad to hear it, especially as no-one will need to report you to social services for cruelty to your child. At this rate Nodge will be your fourth team by the end of the season.

I've now seen Orient 4 times since I last went to the mighty yellows!

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:47 - Aug 8 with 2338 viewsgiant_stow

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:42 - Aug 8 by BlueStreak

I took my three and a half year old to PR for the first time Saturday and she absolutely loved it. Clapped at all the right times and tried to sing the songs.

Has asked to go again when we get back from Portugal.

Absolutely loved hearing her saying that and seeing her in full kit melted my stone heart. Really hope we can get a season ticket together and go together for years to come.

aww bless! Nice one.

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:49 - Aug 8 with 2328 viewsBarneycurley

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:47 - Aug 8 by giant_stow

I've now seen Orient 4 times since I last went to the mighty yellows!

Haha

Was the mention of the 'family stand' a homage to CR

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Login to get fewer ads

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:52 - Aug 8 with 2311 viewsgiant_stow

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:49 - Aug 8 by Barneycurley

Haha

Was the mention of the 'family stand' a homage to CR

That little bit of unnecessary detail was a freebie for you lot - fill ya boots!

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 12:57 - Aug 8 with 2288 viewsGlasgowBlue

An evening game is always a good introduction for a nipper. There is something special about it.

Even better when the winter comes and he will be able to see his own breath under the floodlights.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:04 - Aug 8 with 2255 viewsPendejo

I was 8 when taken to my first professional game. Had been going to watch my dad play for longer than I can remember.

Of my kids;-
Oldest 2 first game at Blackburn in '99 Aged 3 yrs 8 months and 18 months old
Number 3 was @ 3 years old - Reading away 2005
Number 4 was probably 5 or 6 but can't remember what game this would have been. [Think it was against Charlton & Garven scored a peach of a volley... but memory not to clear on this]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:06 - Aug 8 with 2234 viewsBrixtonBlue

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:04 - Aug 8 by Pendejo

I was 8 when taken to my first professional game. Had been going to watch my dad play for longer than I can remember.

Of my kids;-
Oldest 2 first game at Blackburn in '99 Aged 3 yrs 8 months and 18 months old
Number 3 was @ 3 years old - Reading away 2005
Number 4 was probably 5 or 6 but can't remember what game this would have been. [Think it was against Charlton & Garven scored a peach of a volley... but memory not to clear on this]

Jesus, how many kids have you got?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:18 - Aug 8 with 2192 viewsGlasgowBlue

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:06 - Aug 8 by BrixtonBlue

Jesus, how many kids have you got?

4?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:19 - Aug 8 with 2180 viewsBrixtonBlue

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:18 - Aug 8 by GlasgowBlue

4?

Maybe there are more he hasn't taken to football?

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:42 - Aug 8 with 2121 viewsPendejo

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:19 - Aug 8 by BrixtonBlue

Maybe there are more he hasn't taken to football?

ok
Brought step son to PR for an FA Cup game whenever that was? But he would have been late teens early 20s

So answer is 4 but there is a plus 1

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 14:12 - Aug 8 with 2083 viewsBrixtonBlue

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 13:42 - Aug 8 by Pendejo

ok
Brought step son to PR for an FA Cup game whenever that was? But he would have been late teens early 20s

So answer is 4 but there is a plus 1

Suck it up Glassers. I win again!

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 16:02 - Aug 8 with 2023 viewsLeaky

Took my lad to Portman rd. V Millwall in the 90s it was the game they to win to stay up we had to win to get in the play offs ended 0-0. Millwall invented the new sport of plastic seat throwing . Started taking grand kids to preseason friendlies. Before going to league. Games.
There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 16:07 - Aug 8 with 2015 viewsLeagueOne

I think I went to my first Town game at about 4 or 5... loved it.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 16:07]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 16:15 - Aug 8 with 1994 viewssolemio

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 16:02 - Aug 8 by Leaky

Took my lad to Portman rd. V Millwall in the 90s it was the game they to win to stay up we had to win to get in the play offs ended 0-0. Millwall invented the new sport of plastic seat throwing . Started taking grand kids to preseason friendlies. Before going to league. Games.

Millwall fans invented that sport long before that. They wrecked Luton's Kenilworth Road ground in 1985. Les Sealey the Luton GK was hit by a missile and had a knife thrown at him.
There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 16:26 - Aug 8 with 1973 viewsLeaky

There was a thread recently about taking a nipper to footy for the first time on 16:15 - Aug 8 by solemio

Millwall fans invented that sport long before that. They wrecked Luton's Kenilworth Road ground in 1985. Les Sealey the Luton GK was hit by a missile and had a knife thrown at him.

stand corrected
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024