Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raw Jackson 12:38 - Aug 8 with 2157 viewsRobbie12345

Never seen him play but anyone else view his goals from last season and a little underwhelmed (especially when compared to Windass')? I know it is hard to judge through clips but I think he will take time and needs patience to adjust and adapt to the champ unlike examples such as Edwards and Nolan who will take to it more easily as they are more experienced- more games at a higher level than Jackson. He won't start every game so we need to accept this one is more of a project, even if the fee may be high. At least there will be enough quality around him so he doesn't have to perform 8 or 9/10 every week which will take the pressure off him. I can see him lower on the goals but will excite fans when he shreds some defenders with his undoubted pace. This is all many of us want this year. Hopefully Hurst has judged this one well and obviously Janoi has given a good word about him too so we don't have to worry about him being a bad egg. Looking forward to seeing how this one develops and will be the first one to put my hands up if he bangs in 20 and is a hit.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Raw Jackson on 13:25 - Aug 8 with 2007 viewsdidsburyblue

Posted the below yesterday in another thread regarding Jackson:

I've been going to Stanley regularly for 3 seasons now and this lad is mustard. Pretty much everything that has already been said - absolutely rapid; once he's away from a Defender I've never seen him caught.

More significantly though, he is a really good finisher. Plays on the last defender so any through balls like we saw from Dozzell v West Ham are pretty much are the archetypal goal that Jackson scored last season.

Could play either down middle or Left or Right hand striker of a 3. As proven in the stats last year, with his pace he created so many other simple tap ins + also won a fair few penalties.

In conclusion - quality signing, would be made up if he does come.

Donacien on the other hand is proper garbage, even by L2 standard. Woeful touch, abysmal passing and most worryingly of all (which I note was flagged up in some of the post Blackburn comments) his positioning sense is diabolical. I'm amazed he even commanded a fee at all - always the worst player in the team at Stanley last season.

Hope the above helps.
Raw Jackson on 13:30 - Aug 8 with 1943 viewsRobbie12345

Raw Jackson on 13:25 - Aug 8 by didsburyblue

I've been going to Stanley regularly for 3 seasons now and this lad is mustard. Pretty much everything that has already been said - absolutely rapid; once he's away from a Defender I've never seen him caught.

More significantly though, he is a really good finisher. Plays on the last defender so any through balls like we saw from Dozzell v West Ham are pretty much are the archetypal goal that Jackson scored last season.

Could play either down middle or Left or Right hand striker of a 3. As proven in the stats last year, with his pace he created so many other simple tap ins + also won a fair few penalties.

Donacien on the other hand is proper garbage, even by L2 standard. Woeful touch, abysmal passing and most worryingly of all (which I note was flagged up in some of the post Blackburn comments) his positioning sense is diabolical. I'm amazed he even commanded a fee at all - always the worst player in the team at Stanley last season.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks! Do you think he will be able to just slot straight in then? I think it's his finishing that I am unsure about the most but will take your word from it from seeing him regularly. What would you suggest his value is? (Basically are we over paying?) Hopefully he is a success!

Raw Jackson on 14:06 - Aug 8 with 1834 viewsJohnny_Boy

Action Jackson
Raw Jackson on 14:38 - Aug 8 with 1759 viewsdidsburyblue

Raw Jackson on 13:30 - Aug 8 by Robbie12345

Thanks! Do you think he will be able to just slot straight in then? I think it's his finishing that I am unsure about the most but will take your word from it from seeing him regularly. What would you suggest his value is? (Basically are we over paying?) Hopefully he is a success!

Aye - think he has been bought to start. Would definitely rate him higher than Sears who is starting at present and (in terms of pace) the nearest comparison we have in current squad.

Everyone's pricing seems overinflated in the market at present, therefore £1.5m-£2m sounds about right. Anymore than £2m and I'd say overpriced.

Interesting thing is where he will play and does it mean Hurst's formation will change. In a 4-5-1, cant see him as a lone striker as his hold up play isnt a strength. Therefore, guess he has been brought in to either play as a wide striker or alternatively Hurst is going to play 2 up top.
Raw Jackson on 17:12 - Aug 8 with 1668 viewsRobbie12345

Raw Jackson on 14:38 - Aug 8 by didsburyblue

Aye - think he has been bought to start. Would definitely rate him higher than Sears who is starting at present and (in terms of pace) the nearest comparison we have in current squad.

Everyone's pricing seems overinflated in the market at present, therefore £1.5m-£2m sounds about right. Anymore than £2m and I'd say overpriced.

Interesting thing is where he will play and does it mean Hurst's formation will change. In a 4-5-1, cant see him as a lone striker as his hold up play isnt a strength. Therefore, guess he has been brought in to either play as a wide striker or alternatively Hurst is going to play 2 up top.

Ah very interesting! Thanks for your thoughts. At least we are not massively overpaying. Fingers crossed it all works out. I am looking forward to seeing where he will play, and excited too! Hurst obviously has a plan for him and knows what he can offer.

Raw Jackson on 17:18 - Aug 8 with 1628 viewsBueller

I watched the 17/18 compilation video the other day and I thought he looked a good finisher under pressure, even though it was League 2. Hopefully he can make the step up.
Raw Jackson on 17:24 - Aug 8 with 1601 viewsRobbie12345

Raw Jackson on 17:18 - Aug 8 by Bueller

I watched the 17/18 compilation video the other day and I thought he looked a good finisher under pressure, even though it was League 2. Hopefully he can make the step up.

Maybe I am just being too critical or think champ GKs are better than they are. Hope so!

Raw Jackson on 17:38 - Aug 8 with 1523 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Raw Jackson on 13:25 - Aug 8 by didsburyblue

Hope the above helps.

The Donacien comments are interesting. I wasn't sure what to make of him on Saturday. He seemed okay to begin with, but I'm not sure where he was on Blackburn's second goal, and he very nearly cost us a third by playing the ball right back into the danger zone just after it had flashed across our goal - still not sure how we got away with that one.
Login to get fewer ads

Raw Jackson on 17:53 - Aug 8 with 1478 viewsdidsburyblue

Raw Jackson on 17:38 - Aug 8 by NoCanariesAllowed

The Donacien comments are interesting. I wasn't sure what to make of him on Saturday. He seemed okay to begin with, but I'm not sure where he was on Blackburn's second goal, and he very nearly cost us a third by playing the ball right back into the danger zone just after it had flashed across our goal - still not sure how we got away with that one.

@NoCanariesAllowed - Donacien reminds me a lot of Drissa Diallo. For those not familiar, he was one of BFJ's less successful signings from (I think) 2004? Absolutely no positional sense, guaranteed at least one massive ricket per game, where he often had to rely on his pace or other defenders to get himself out of bother.

My old man was at the game Saturday and thought Donacien was ok. Hopefully I will happily be proven wrong and he copes with the step-up.
Raw Jackson on 18:28 - Aug 8 with 1367 viewsgt81

Raw Jackson on 17:38 - Aug 8 by NoCanariesAllowed

To be fair, he did well to get the initial block in which otherwise would have been a certain goal. Just needed the composure to boot the ball into row Z.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 18:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024