Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest 19:05 - Aug 8 with 4425 viewsmoughm

[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 19:05]

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:11 - Aug 8 with 3955 viewspointofblue

So we have a back up in case Garner leaves, and John is rumoured to be a potential Knudsen replacement (Rangers must like us) but the centre back question seems to be looming large... it seems like we're going to be reliant on a loan.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:16 - Aug 8 with 3882 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hope Jonas stays.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:26 - Aug 8 with 3757 viewsgt81

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:11 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

So we have a back up in case Garner leaves, and John is rumoured to be a potential Knudsen replacement (Rangers must like us) but the centre back question seems to be looming large... it seems like we're going to be reliant on a loan.

So we haven't secured a CB and Knudsen might be off, and we're trying to sign another forward?

That's my only real concern, all the other business seems good. All these exciting attacking players won't mean a sausage if we ship goals all over the shop.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 19:30]
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:39 - Aug 8 with 3578 viewspointofblue

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:26 - Aug 8 by gt81

So we haven't secured a CB and Knudsen might be off, and we're trying to sign another forward?

That's my only real concern, all the other business seems good. All these exciting attacking players won't mean a sausage if we ship goals all over the shop.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 19:30]

The belief is Blackpool want £1m for Tilt; we seemingly have £1m in the bank. But Hurst seems to want to ensure he has four strikers in the squad, hence the Windass approach. If we sign Windass without Garner going I'll see that as a waste of money when it could be going to sign Tilt (or another centre back) and provide more balance to the squad.

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:40 - Aug 8 with 3561 viewsmoughm

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:44 - Aug 8 with 3503 viewspointofblue

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:40 - Aug 8 by moughm

Do we have an option of an extra year on Knudsen's contract? If not I can see why Hurst's looking for him to go if he's not going to sign a new contract.

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:47 - Aug 8 with 3481 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not convinced on Windass.

I'd happily accept Knudsen staying and getting Tilt (or similar) in the door for a successful deadline day.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:48 - Aug 8 with 3460 viewsElderGrizzly

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:11 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

If the loan is of higher quality than Tilt, someone like CCV for instance, then not an issue.

Maybe we’ll go back for Tilt in the January or Summer window when he would be free?
Login to get fewer ads

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:52 - Aug 8 with 3417 viewsmoughm

[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 19:53]

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:54 - Aug 8 with 3385 viewspointofblue

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:48 - Aug 8 by ElderGrizzly

If the loan is of higher quality than Tilt, someone like CCV for instance, then not an issue.

Maybe we’ll go back for Tilt in the January or Summer window when he would be free?

I can't see us being able to gurantee Carter-Vickers first team football, unlike last year as we switched to a three man backline, so I don't think we'll get him back. Perhaps Hurst has another League One target in mind, but has kept it under wraps (unlike most of our transfers ths summer)?

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:57 - Aug 8 with 3339 viewsOsborneOneNil

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:39 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

The belief is Blackpool want £1m for Tilt; we seemingly have £1m in the bank. But Hurst seems to want to ensure he has four strikers in the squad, hence the Windass approach. If we sign Windass without Garner going I'll see that as a waste of money when it could be going to sign Tilt (or another centre back) and provide more balance to the squad.

I reckon Hurst has it covered, he’s knows what is needed.
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:58 - Aug 8 with 3324 viewsgt81

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:48 - Aug 8 by ElderGrizzly

I'd still rather a permanent signing who we know is ours and will gel with our new players as part of the new team for the foreseeable, as things stand we still essentially haven't replaced Berra from last year.
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:00 - Aug 8 with 3297 viewsElderGrizzly

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:44 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

Do we have an option of an extra year on Knudsen's contract? If not I can see why Hurst's looking for him to go if he's not going to sign a new contract.

No, we’ve already triggered that for this season
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:24 - Aug 8 with 3117 viewsJakeITFC

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:58 - Aug 8 by gt81

I'd still rather a permanent signing who we know is ours and will gel with our new players as part of the new team for the foreseeable, as things stand we still essentially haven't replaced Berra from last year.

A loan in this situation doesn’t necessarily mean a Premier Leegue reserve - we could potentially still broker deals for Football League players that just become permanent transfers on January 1st.
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:28 - Aug 8 with 3066 viewspointofblue

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:00 - Aug 8 by ElderGrizzly

No, we’ve already triggered that for this season

Thanks - I'd argue it is a case of sign or sell then. His fee will be lower come January.

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:40 - Aug 8 with 2938 viewsgt81

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:24 - Aug 8 by JakeITFC

A loan in this situation doesn’t necessarily mean a Premier Leegue reserve - we could potentially still broker deals for Football League players that just become permanent transfers on January 1st.

Ah ok, I get ya. I'm not worried if we don't get someone as we have enough.to muddle through to January, but the sooner we can establish a settled defense the better.
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:47 - Aug 8 with 2873 viewsElderGrizzly

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:28 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

Thanks - I'd argue it is a case of sign or sell then. His fee will be lower come January.

Or selling a key asset for only £1m when we only have 24 hours to find a replacement is wrong.

Even our esteemed journalist fan Nick Ames agrees

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:50 - Aug 8 with 2835 viewspointofblue

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:47 - Aug 8 by ElderGrizzly

Or selling a key asset for only £1m when we only have 24 hours to find a replacement is wrong.

Even our esteemed journalist fan Nick Ames agrees

The best thing is if we can get him to sign another contract; there's been nothing to say we want to offer one or he wants to sign it, though.

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:58 - Aug 8 with 2739 viewsElderGrizzly

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:50 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

The best thing is if we can get him to sign another contract; there's been nothing to say we want to offer one or he wants to sign it, though.

And that won’t be resolved in the next 24 hours.

If the only offer is £1m, we should keep him and risk him walking in the summer in my opinion
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 21:00 - Aug 8 with 2705 viewsTrumptonBlue

Really not interested in Windass.
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 21:04 - Aug 8 with 2666 viewstractorshark

Can’t blame them for looking to cash in now with Knudsen if he won’t sign another deal.
But we mustn’t be left with just Kenlock.
I’m still not convinced by him.
Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 21:06 - Aug 8 with 2628 viewspointofblue

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 20:58 - Aug 8 by ElderGrizzly

And that won’t be resolved in the next 24 hours.

If the only offer is £1m, we should keep him and risk him walking in the summer in my opinion

We'd still have the January window, of course, and if he has a good first half of the season we might be able to start a bidding war. Alternatively he may be happy here and decide to sign a new contract.

The big question will be what happens if he hands in a transfer request.

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 21:08 - Aug 8 with 2607 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 19:16 - Aug 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Hope Jonas stays.

So this is how you get uppies!

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 21:16 - Aug 8 with 2538 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I can't help but wonder if the memories of some of the toxic atmosphere (mock cheering/applause) from last season is playing a part in Waghorn going and Bart/Knudsen delaying signing. Hopefully things will be a lot more positive this season.

Going into Deadline Day - The Latest on 21:24 - Aug 8 with 2480 viewsitfctim

As far as the CB situation goes, if the Tilt deal,doesn't happen, I'm hoping that Wolfie will get some games and nail a place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024