Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strength in Depth ! 19:24 - Aug 8 with 342 viewsSW_LondonBlue

I for one am very pleased to see some transfer activity at Portman Road. It has certainly been a while for this much of a squad overhaul. It is clear many fans (including myself) don't know much about some of the new signings but we have to trust Paul Hurst and his judgement. It is indeed a new era and something fans must be patient for. As was the case with Micks signings, some may work out, others may not, but we can't be too quick to judge players in this system..

I am particularly intrigued to see who Hurst chooses as his best X1 - I don't think he will know for a few months. If indeed we do get Windass, having him and Nolan fight for that 10 role real will be interesting as both posses something we haven't had for a while. And I really hope Bishop when fit can challenge too. But it does make me wonder how will Hurst keep some of these names happy across the midfield and front line if they are out team or maybe 18.

I think we will see quite of few the youngsters go out on loan who some thought might be involved this season. However I believe players like Nydam, Morris, Cotter need to play more competitive football rather than the U23s or the odd appearance. Having heard Alan Lee talk about some of the younger fringe players recently he does feel some need to play more regular and competitive football before making the jump up. Even if its National league, or Lg 1 it can only help.

We do require 1 more Defender (more so than Windass in my eyes) but one thing for sure it really is going to fascinating how this season turns out and who in the new system ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024