Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players less appreciated than they should have been. 13:38 - Aug 9 with 12285 viewssolemio

Seeing posts from stewartm and wkj on the other thread made me wonder about under-appreciated ITFC players who were really very good.

Like Stewart I'd certainly have Paul Mason very near the top of that sort of list. Looked good in the top division. Never really seemed to be a fans' favourite at the time.

Who else?
Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:11 - Aug 9 with 3716 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 14:11 - Aug 9 by Swansea_Blue

Matt Richards and Westy. Worked very well together and good enough for a play off pushing team.

Westlake won the POTY award. Hardly under appreiciated at the time.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:21 - Aug 9 with 3703 viewsStNeotsBlue

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:11 - Aug 9 by The_Last_Baron

Paul Goddard, his legs had gone a bit Jonathan Douglas in his time with us but was such an intelligent footballer. Always finding space and using the ball well. Chipped in with a few goals too.
Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:23 - Aug 9 with 3696 viewsMullet

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:21 - Aug 9 by StNeotsBlue

Paul Goddard, his legs had gone a bit Jonathan Douglas in his time with us but was such an intelligent footballer. Always finding space and using the ball well. Chipped in with a few goals too.

Was a really nice bloke too when I met him as a kid.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:32 - Aug 9 with 3681 viewsslump

Lee Chapman should have had a bit more appreciation for loaning out his wife to most of the old North Stand....... supposedly.

UTT

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:53 - Aug 9 with 3653 viewsjaykay

doubt if many will remember him Ron Wigg

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:59 - Aug 9 with 3648 viewsPJH

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:53 - Aug 9 by jaykay

doubt if many will remember him Ron Wigg

Of course I do.

Had several games in late 1968/69 and early 1969/70 in the early times of SBR.
I remember him scoring in night matches at West Ham and Spurs.
Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 19:13 - Aug 9 with 3633 viewsTrequartista

Pablo. Criminally underrated by too many fans who seemed to overrate Kuqi instead

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 19:15 - Aug 9 with 3629 viewsSuperblue95

Murphy was a standout player for us under Mick and yet, rather strangely in my opinion, never seems to get any respect from our fan base.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 19:36 - Aug 9 with 3611 viewsbluefunk

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 13:41 - Aug 9 by wkj

I will migrate my point from the other thread, Bobby Petta seemed a good player but the fans never seemed to be that close with him

Nope, only ever played well against very poor opposition see under ITFC 5 scum 0

Whenever we neede him to step up against decent opposition he went missing
Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 19:37 - Aug 9 with 3609 viewsDarth_Koont

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 18:11 - Aug 9 by The_Last_Baron

I'd forgotten that. But even more surprising that he's a name that's almost never been repeated since.

Pronouns: He/Him

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 19:42 - Aug 9 with 3594 viewsDarth_Koont

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 19:13 - Aug 9 by Trequartista

Pablo. Criminally underrated by too many fans who seemed to overrate Kuqi instead

People who rate Pablo over Kuqi don't get the Championship. They also love "tekkers" videos on Youtube made by "footballers" who never made it.

Def info.

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 19:43 - Aug 9 with 3594 viewsBinner

David Best.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 21:15 - Aug 9 with 3566 viewsitfctim

Jamie Clapham and Colin Harper.
Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 21:34 - Aug 9 with 3548 viewsmonty_radio

Romeo Zondervan, Mark Brennan.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 22:00 - Aug 9 with 3532 viewsTrequartista

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 19:42 - Aug 9 by Darth_Koont

People who rate Pablo over Kuqi don't get the Championship. They also love "tekkers" videos on Youtube made by "footballers" who never made it.

Def info.

I got my bite.

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 22:18 - Aug 9 with 3522 viewssolemio

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 22:00 - Aug 9 by Trequartista

I got my bite.

That gave you pleasure? How very sad.
Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 23:00 - Aug 9 with 3486 viewsDarth_Koont

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 22:00 - Aug 9 by Trequartista

I got my bite.

If Pablo's there as a bite I can live with that. Sums up his career.

on 23:10 - Aug 9 with 3466 views_

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 14:46 - Aug 9 by bluewein

Jermaine Wright.

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 23:13 - Aug 9 with 3460 viewssparks

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 22:18 - Aug 9 by solemio

Richard Naylor.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 00:23 - Aug 10 with 3419 viewsRyorry

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 23:13 - Aug 9 by sparks

Richard Naylor.

He wasn't under-rated tho was he? Was many peoples' hero, incl mine, esp after the Wembley POF.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 00:28 - Aug 10 with 3408 viewsTrequartista

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 22:18 - Aug 9 by solemio

Oh i still meant it. One was quality and our top scorer this millenium even though his fantastic touch and holding up of the ball were his primary qualities, and the other who had one lucky season. I just called it a bite because it was an obvious steal from what he had already written

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 00:55 - Aug 10 with 3396 viewspatrickswell

If he hadn’t been 5 ft 5in and used as a punchline to mock Mick McCarthy’s appreciation of him, then Jay Tabb would be a shoo-in for this prize.
Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 08:01 - Aug 10 with 3333 viewsEiffel78

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 00:23 - Aug 10 by Ryorry

He wasn't under-rated tho was he? Was many peoples' hero, incl mine, esp after the Wembley POF.

I remember Naylor being singled out by the boo boys, and Scowcroft before him. Because they played alongside much more prolific strike partners (Mathie, Johnson, Stewart), they didn't always get the respect they deserved even when they were a big part of reason their partner was so prolific.
on 08:05 - Aug 10 with 3330 views_

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 08:01 - Aug 10 by Eiffel78

I remember Naylor being singled out by the boo boys, and Scowcroft before him. Because they played alongside much more prolific strike partners (Mathie, Johnson, Stewart), they didn't always get the respect they deserved even when they were a big part of reason their partner was so prolific.

Players less appreciated than they should have been. on 08:24 - Aug 10 with 3316 viewsHerbivore

Chris Makin

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024