Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garner Gone 18:35 - Aug 9 with 4110 viewsmoughm

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Garner Gone on 18:36 - Aug 9 with 4050 viewsChris_ITFC

This would be really disappointing considering they've signed Windass too.
Garner Gone on 18:38 - Aug 9 with 3991 viewslegoman85

Bit gutted about that
Garner Gone on 18:38 - Aug 9 with 3993 viewsfatronaldo

Liked him under Mick. He filled a hole in MMs playing style, but doesnt fit into PH system. No big loss.

No puns intended.
Garner Gone on 18:43 - Aug 9 with 3826 viewspointofblue

More Championship experience out of the door; we're taking a great gamble up front inparticular. Not impressed with this in the slightest but we'll see who we bring in in his stead... if we do sign anyone.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Garner Gone on 18:46 - Aug 9 with 3700 viewsPJH

Garner Gone on 18:43 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

More Championship experience out of the door; we're taking a great gamble up front inparticular. Not impressed with this in the slightest but we'll see who we bring in in his stead... if we do sign anyone.

Yes, a great pity that Garner(and Waghorn and Webster)has/have gone.

It will be interesting and maybe worrying to see how Paul Hurst's League One All Stars cope in the Championship-unless we do get reinforcements that have played at this level.
Garner Gone on 18:47 - Aug 9 with 3671 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky said Evans is done and made no mention of Garner. Not sure I believe this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Garner Gone on 18:50 - Aug 9 with 3604 viewsCoco

Stead well past it now

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Garner Gone on 18:51 - Aug 9 with 3557 viewsclogger

Sad news...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/10978820/James-Garner-the-Hollyw
Login to get fewer ads

Garner Gone on 18:51 - Aug 9 with 3550 viewswkj

Time to step up Ben Morris- This is your opportunity knocking when the first teamers get tired

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Garner Gone on 18:53 - Aug 9 with 3504 viewsSuperblue95

Garner Gone on 18:50 - Aug 9 by Coco

Stead well past it now

Loves an FA Cup goal or 5.

Might need him if we ever want to get past the 3rd round.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Garner Gone on 19:17 - Aug 9 with 3162 viewsswede

I cannot see where this has been confirmed??
Nothing on ITFC or WAFC websites.
Nothing on BBC either.

Is it a loan deal then?
Garner Gone on 19:18 - Aug 9 with 3122 viewsPJH

Garner Gone on 19:17 - Aug 9 by swede

I cannot see where this has been confirmed??
Nothing on ITFC or WAFC websites.
Nothing on BBC either.

Is it a loan deal then?

I have also not been able to find anywhere that says Garner has gone(other than on here).
Garner Gone on 19:30 - Aug 9 with 2944 viewsJon_456

Garner Gone on 19:18 - Aug 9 by PJH

I have also not been able to find anywhere that says Garner has gone(other than on here).

That Pete has been pretty spot on with transfers so far so I’d be surprised if this isn’t the case.

However I am surprised we’ve let him go without any replacement.
Garner Gone on 19:44 - Aug 9 with 2760 viewsElderGrizzly

Garner Gone on 19:30 - Aug 9 by Jon_456

That Pete has been pretty spot on with transfers so far so I’d be surprised if this isn’t the case.

However I am surprised we’ve let him go without any replacement.

Replacement could very well be a loan to permanent arriving as early as tomorrow.

As long as we fill that gap by end of August i’m not too bothered if he has in fact left
Garner Gone on 19:45 - Aug 9 with 2731 viewscobbler

I’m not sure that is true... searched their site and nothing on there just Windass gutted we missed out I think he could haunt us in the future.
Garner Gone on 19:46 - Aug 9 with 2718 viewsrgp1

This is a massive gamble that will go one way or the other. This is basically a brand new team and it will need to gel fast. One thing I am sure of, if we're firefighting after 3 months we're goin die in the flames. I remember Joe Royle once saying that you need ' battle hardened' players in the championship and that I'm afraid I don't think we have.
Garner Gone on 19:48 - Aug 9 with 2680 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Garner Gone on 19:44 - Aug 9 by ElderGrizzly

Replacement could very well be a loan to permanent arriving as early as tomorrow.

As long as we fill that gap by end of August i’m not too bothered if he has in fact left

What sort of Striker will come here being 3rd choice and probs not even on bench?

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Garner Gone on 19:48 - Aug 9 with 2672 viewsm14_blue

Garner Gone on 18:46 - Aug 9 by PJH

Yes, a great pity that Garner(and Waghorn and Webster)has/have gone.

It will be interesting and maybe worrying to see how Paul Hurst's League One All Stars cope in the Championship-unless we do get reinforcements that have played at this level.

We're obviously going to be playing one up front and, with Harrison and Jackson ahead of him, I'm not sure how many games Garner would have got, or how happy he would have been to be a bit part player.

Obviously a lot depends on how well the new lads do but we've spent a fair bit on them and, assuming they're ok, I'm happy enough with Morris and Folami as back up to the back up.
Garner Gone on 19:58 - Aug 9 with 2582 viewsPJH

Garner Gone on 19:48 - Aug 9 by m14_blue

We're obviously going to be playing one up front and, with Harrison and Jackson ahead of him, I'm not sure how many games Garner would have got, or how happy he would have been to be a bit part player.

Obviously a lot depends on how well the new lads do but we've spent a fair bit on them and, assuming they're ok, I'm happy enough with Morris and Folami as back up to the back up.

I agree with all of the first bit.
It just seems to me that all of a sudden(well since the end of last season)we are losing/have lost a hell of a lot of Championship experience.

As I have said on other threads, logic suggests that some of the new signings will be a success and some will not.

I agree that IF Garner is still here he will probably have very limited if any playing time it would just be nice(in my opinion) to retain some Championship experience.

I fully expected Knudsen to be gone so as he apparently has not then that is a bonus.
Garner Gone on 20:09 - Aug 9 with 2455 viewsElderGrizzly

Garner Gone on 19:48 - Aug 9 by KieranMcKenna1

What sort of Striker will come here being 3rd choice and probs not even on bench?

Depends on the formation. Could be a ‘wide’ striker like Jackson?
Garner Gone on 20:10 - Aug 9 with 2443 viewsm14_blue

Garner Gone on 19:58 - Aug 9 by PJH

I agree with all of the first bit.
It just seems to me that all of a sudden(well since the end of last season)we are losing/have lost a hell of a lot of Championship experience.

As I have said on other threads, logic suggests that some of the new signings will be a success and some will not.

I agree that IF Garner is still here he will probably have very limited if any playing time it would just be nice(in my opinion) to retain some Championship experience.

I fully expected Knudsen to be gone so as he apparently has not then that is a bonus.

Yep, it's certainly a gamble.

Agree about Knudsen, very pleased and relieved he hasn't left. He, Skuse, Bart and Chambers have a vital role to play both on and off the pitch.
Garner Gone on 20:14 - Aug 9 with 2367 viewspointofblue

Garner Gone on 20:10 - Aug 9 by m14_blue

Agree about Knudsen, very pleased and relieved he hasn't left. He, Skuse, Bart and Chambers have a vital role to play both on and off the pitch.

Very relieved he hasn't left... yet. Hopefully he'll still be our player on September 1st, and not go out on loan with a permanent deal in the offing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Garner Gone on 20:36 - Aug 9 with 2242 viewsnshearman1

Garner Gone on 20:10 - Aug 9 by m14_blue

I think he'll keep Knudsen as long as he's short at the back, but ultimately either send him out on loan with a view to a permanent move in January, or just sell in January.
Garner Gone on 20:40 - Aug 9 with 2198 viewsHerbivore

Garner Gone on 20:36 - Aug 9 by nshearman1

I think he'll keep Knudsen as long as he's short at the back, but ultimately either send him out on loan with a view to a permanent move in January, or just sell in January.

In January he can start talks with other clubs to leave in the summer for nothing, we'd struggle to get any fee for him. I'm expecting a new contract will be offered in the coming months.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Garner Gone on 20:47 - Aug 9 with 2168 viewsPositivelyPortman

Garner Gone on 18:51 - Aug 9 by clogger

Sad news...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/10978820/James-Garner-the-Hollyw

Sad indeed.
I really enjoyed The Rockford Files. 🙌🏼
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 20:48]

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024