Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signings 20:49 - Aug 9 with 8677 viewsairliner

I have been a fan of this club for nearly 40 years, this has to be the best transfer win since sir Bob.Paul Hurst is I hope going to turn this club around, we need to give him time and we may lose some games, but ultimately we may go in the right direction. We have players now if are any good might take us to the promised land or who we can sell on at a hopefully big profit. Hope everyone else feels the same or has expectations and hopes
New signings on 20:50 - Aug 9 with 7100 viewswkj

For the first time in over a decade I feel genuinely excited and nervous, rather than forcing myself to be optimistic. Up the towen

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

New signings on 21:37 - Aug 9 with 6972 viewsNo9

Best - ?
Most interesting = Yes
New signings on 21:42 - Aug 9 with 6929 viewsBlueDiamond

Don't agree. Losing two proven goal scorers in return for a hotch-potch of buy one get one free 1st Division players, who will keep our own youngsters out of the team,
is not how I hoped to see this season going.

Frankly it has the potential to be an utter shambles.

But who knows. There is a theory that if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters they will eventually come up with the works of Shakespeare!!
New signings on 21:49 - Aug 9 with 6884 viewsTerry_Nutkins

New signings on 21:42 - Aug 9 by BlueDiamond

Don't agree. Losing two proven goal scorers in return for a hotch-potch of buy one get one free 1st Division players, who will keep our own youngsters out of the team,

But who knows. There is a theory that if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters they will eventually come up with the works of Shakespeare!!

If we want a chance of getting out of this league its probably our best chance. Buy potential if unproven talent to take us forward and in some cases generate further cash and repeat. It needs someone who knows the lower leagues, can spot talent (i like how hands on Hurst is) and can develop them/fit them in right system. Its not full proof and its risky BUT we dont have another way.

I think first casualty of this not always working is Roberts. Cant see him getting much game time but was an early shot to nothing.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

New signings on 21:49 - Aug 9 with 6878 viewsOsborneOneNil

Blimey.
New signings on 21:51 - Aug 9 with 6863 viewsZedRodgers

Stick your head up a dead bear’s bum

No, not at the moment

New signings on 21:52 - Aug 9 with 6848 viewsxrayspecs

New signings on 21:49 - Aug 9 by Terry_Nutkins

If we want a chance of getting out of this league its probably our best chance. Buy potential if unproven talent to take us forward and in some cases generate further cash and repeat. It needs someone who knows the lower leagues, can spot talent (i like how hands on Hurst is) and can develop them/fit them in right system. Its not full proof and its risky BUT we dont have another way.

I think first casualty of this not always working is Roberts. Cant see him getting much game time but was an early shot to nothing.

Spot on.
New signings on 21:57 - Aug 9 with 6834 viewsTrequartista

We wont know if it is a good window until we have seen if the lower division players can step up. Certainly a good window for evans as spending minus £4m means he won't have to put much money in this season

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

New signings on 22:40 - Aug 9 with 6695 viewsStewart27

Yep.

To carry on repeating the mistakes of the past few years would be insanity. I actually paid money to watch a game on Saturday and am planning on continuing.

I’m excited.

I’m in.
New signings on 23:30 - Aug 9 with 6526 viewsWickets

New signings on 21:57 - Aug 9 by Trequartista

We wont know if it is a good window until we have seen if the lower division players can step up. Certainly a good window for evans as spending minus £4m means he won't have to put much money in this season

Is it only 4 ? i made it about 5 plus wage savings? Mind you i'm not moaning in fact i'm rather exited.
New signings on 23:50 - Aug 9 with 6474 viewsOldsmoker

New signings on 21:51 - Aug 9 by ZedRodgers

Stick your head up a dead bear’s bum

A live bears bum would be a bit of an ask I suppose.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

New signings on 00:00 - Aug 10 with 6457 viewsBinner

I was hoping to see some of our youngsters get game time with us but fear that, especially when Huws and others are fit, their chances may be few. Hopefully some will get out on long loans and develop that way.

Ads for the monkeys... A million would never do it. It would need to be an infinite number.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

New signings on 00:21 - Aug 10 with 6410 viewsGogs

Here’s my problem, it may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I can’t be arsed to read all this thread and I’ve had a few beers tonight:
Let’s say we have a pretty good first season under Hurst. We end up finishing, say 8th to 12th, not good enough for play offs but exceeding most pundits expectations, won’t we be faced with exactly the same issues this time next year? I.e. the better performers, players and/or management, will be cherry picked by bigger/richer/more prepared to take a gamble clubs, and ME will sanction a similar budget to this year to buy from lower leagues and we end up getting stuck with a perpetual rebuilding project of a squad? Having said that, I’m intrigued and enthusiastic about this season to come nevertheless.
New signings on 00:30 - Aug 10 with 6375 viewsTrequartista

New signings on 23:30 - Aug 9 by Wickets

Is it only 4 ? i made it about 5 plus wage savings? Mind you i'm not moaning in fact i'm rather exited.

I forgot the kid that went to man city

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

New signings on 00:32 - Aug 10 with 6374 viewsRyorry

New signings on 00:21 - Aug 10 by Gogs

Here’s my problem, it may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I can’t be arsed to read all this thread and I’ve had a few beers tonight:
Let’s say we have a pretty good first season under Hurst. We end up finishing, say 8th to 12th, not good enough for play offs but exceeding most pundits expectations, won’t we be faced with exactly the same issues this time next year? I.e. the better performers, players and/or management, will be cherry picked by bigger/richer/more prepared to take a gamble clubs, and ME will sanction a similar budget to this year to buy from lower leagues and we end up getting stuck with a perpetual rebuilding project of a squad? Having said that, I’m intrigued and enthusiastic about this season to come nevertheless.

We could be the surprise package of the season and go straight up! in a way, you could say that wouldn't actually be such a surprise, given how things have panned out.

Anyway, it's wonderful to be looking forward to the season ahead for ITFC with hope and excitement, instead of a sort of resigned dull grey feeling

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

New signings on 10:12 - Aug 11 with 5873 viewsBlueDiamond

New signings on 00:32 - Aug 10 by Ryorry

We could be the surprise package of the season and go straight up! in a way, you could say that wouldn't actually be such a surprise, given how things have panned out.

Anyway, it's wonderful to be looking forward to the season ahead for ITFC with hope and excitement, instead of a sort of resigned dull grey feeling

It would certainly be a surprise to the bookies and pundits who all have us nailed on to get relegated! :)

I still don't get why people are so excited about signing Div 1 and 2 players.

I seem to have entered a parallel universe!! :)
New signings on 10:21 - Aug 11 with 5840 viewsMonkeysChuff

As a fan I can’t understand your reasoning about us selling players for a big profit. I want to see them perform well for us, and to stay with us season after season getting us closer to promotion. Realistically we’re not getting promoted this season, so chances aren’t come next season any player who has performed well will get snapped up by the likes of Derby and we will be back to square one.
New signings on 10:23 - Aug 11 with 5832 viewsagentp

New signings on 10:12 - Aug 11 by BlueDiamond

It would certainly be a surprise to the bookies and pundits who all have us nailed on to get relegated! :)

I still don't get why people are so excited about signing Div 1 and 2 players.

I seem to have entered a parallel universe!! :)

The same bookies that had Sunderland pretty much nailed on to return to the premiership you mean.

The same L1/L2 type players that we have always relied on from the Robson era to the Thompson's, Holland's, Johnson's Mcgreal's , Wright's, Marshalls ect you mean.

Not sure you are in a parallel universe, but you have certainly overlooked who we are.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

New signings on 10:25 - Aug 11 with 5819 viewsBlueDiamond

New signings on 10:21 - Aug 11 by MonkeysChuff

As a fan I can’t understand your reasoning about us selling players for a big profit. I want to see them perform well for us, and to stay with us season after season getting us closer to promotion. Realistically we’re not getting promoted this season, so chances aren’t come next season any player who has performed well will get snapped up by the likes of Derby and we will be back to square one.

Agreed.

It will just be an endless loop.

When did money from big sales ever buy us big players? It has just landed us a bunch of Div 1 or 2 players most of whom will probably not cut it at this level but those that do will be sold.

Why are Ipswich fans so grateful for nothing...........I simply can't get my head round it!
New signings on 10:28 - Aug 11 with 5812 viewsagentp

New signings on 10:25 - Aug 11 by BlueDiamond

Agreed.

When did money from big sales ever buy us big players? It has just landed us a bunch of Div 1 or 2 players most of whom will probably not cut it at this level but those that do will be sold.

Why are Ipswich fans so grateful for nothing...........I simply can't get my head round it!

Then tell us the solution.... listening

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

New signings on 10:29 - Aug 11 with 5800 viewsJ2BLUE

If Jackson doesn't excite you you're a fan of the wrong sport.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New signings on 10:37 - Aug 11 with 5756 viewsKeno

or you can give one monkey a crayon and scribble pad and end up with the complete works of Jeffrey Archer

who knows

I hoping the glass in half full and by the end of the season its turned into a full trophy!!

COYFBs!!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

New signings on 11:15 - Aug 11 with 5655 viewsBluedandy

Agreed.

The sale of Keiron Dyer, a very big player at the time, financed Town's promotion to the Premier League back in 2000 ...

Are you really a Town fan or just another budgie in a panic about what might happen this season?
New signings on 11:20 - Aug 11 with 5630 viewstractorboy1978

Agreed.

That's the spirit!

To be honest I'm just looking forward to us playing better and more entertaining football with a team of players that have points to prove. Where that takes us I do not know. Personally I am excited.
New signings on 11:23 - Aug 11 with 5611 viewsKeaneish

Probably one of the most pathetic posts I've ever seen on here. If you'd take time out to look at Jackson, Nolan and Nsala you'd see they're talented. If you'd managed to get to PR last week you'd have seen there's real talent and quality in Edwards, Harrison and Chaloba particularly. Mixed with some of the quality in our youth, there are exciting partnerships all over the park.

We've sold Garner and Waghorn. Big deal. Neither one hearts and minds last year. Thought the doom and gloom merchants died with Mick.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024