Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signings 20:49 - Aug 9 with 8641 viewsairliner

I have been a fan of this club for nearly 40 years, this has to be the best transfer win since sir Bob.Paul Hurst is I hope going to turn this club around, we need to give him time and we may lose some games, but ultimately we may go in the right direction. We have players now if are any good might take us to the promised land or who we can sell on at a hopefully big profit. Hope everyone else feels the same or has expectations and hopes
New signings on 11:30 - Aug 11 with 1548 viewsTrequartista

New signings on 10:21 - Aug 11 by MonkeysChuff

As a fan I can’t understand your reasoning about us selling players for a big profit. I want to see them perform well for us, and to stay with us season after season getting us closer to promotion. Realistically we’re not getting promoted this season, so chances aren’t come next season any player who has performed well will get snapped up by the likes of Derby and we will be back to square one.

If the profits went 100% into new players it would make sense but when players are sold the owner doesn't put so much money in. I like the new manager and the new signings but IF the lower division players don't step up and we get relegated, all this bragging about "good business" formthe profits gained on waghorn and garner will ring hollow.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

New signings on 11:33 - Aug 11 with 1541 viewsconnorscontract

New signings on 00:21 - Aug 10 by Gogs

Here’s my problem, it may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I can’t be arsed to read all this thread and I’ve had a few beers tonight:
Let’s say we have a pretty good first season under Hurst. We end up finishing, say 8th to 12th, not good enough for play offs but exceeding most pundits expectations, won’t we be faced with exactly the same issues this time next year? I.e. the better performers, players and/or management, will be cherry picked by bigger/richer/more prepared to take a gamble clubs, and ME will sanction a similar budget to this year to buy from lower leagues and we end up getting stuck with a perpetual rebuilding project of a squad? Having said that, I’m intrigued and enthusiastic about this season to come nevertheless.

That's the new policy. Sell for £5m, buy 2 or 3 £1m players to replace. Over time the club will start to break even, at which point build for promotion.

It's a five year plan. We're going to have to get used to a high turnover of fan favourites.

Evans is a businessman, and has now found a sustainable business model, and the man he feels can implement it.
New signings on 11:37 - Aug 11 with 1535 viewspointofblue

New signings on 11:30 - Aug 11 by Trequartista

If the profits went 100% into new players it would make sense but when players are sold the owner doesn't put so much money in. I like the new manager and the new signings but IF the lower division players don't step up and we get relegated, all this bragging about "good business" formthe profits gained on waghorn and garner will ring hollow.

This might sound blasé regarding relegation but something had to give - as a club and as a fan base we simply couldn’t to tread water in the same manner as we have been over the past three seasons. We had to role the dice for the sake of the future after the support started to drift alarmingly; something had to change. Now we have a young manager, players who see Ipswich as a step up and a new approach to the game. It may fail miserably, it may succeed but after the end of Mick’s reign, where we knew what to expect but were hardly enthralled by it, the unknown is the most thrilling part even if it makes me exceptionally nervous too!

As for the money, it’s worth remembering we’re still after one if not two players and Evans doesn’t have a bottomless pit to delve into whenever he feels like it. For us, we’ve invested a lot in the squad this time around and now it’s time to see if it works.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

You beat me to it (n/t) on 11:43 - Aug 11 with 1528 viewsDyland

New signings on 11:15 - Aug 11 by Bluedandy

The sale of Keiron Dyer, a very big player at the time, financed Town's promotion to the Premier League back in 2000 ...

Are you really a Town fan or just another budgie in a panic about what might happen this season?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

New signings on 12:21 - Aug 11 with 1505 viewsagentp

New signings on 11:30 - Aug 11 by Trequartista

Like the way you highlighted IF

Just hope all the flouncing will stop IF we start to do well otherwise it will ring hollow. I suspect it won't though.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-joseph-goewey-/85-of-what-we-worry-about_b_80
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 12:29]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

New signings on 12:54 - Aug 11 with 1479 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

New signings on 11:23 - Aug 11 by Keaneish

Probably one of the most pathetic posts I've ever seen on here. If you'd take time out to look at Jackson, Nolan and Nsala you'd see they're talented. If you'd managed to get to PR last week you'd have seen there's real talent and quality in Edwards, Harrison and Chaloba particularly. Mixed with some of the quality in our youth, there are exciting partnerships all over the park.

We've sold Garner and Waghorn. Big deal. Neither one hearts and minds last year. Thought the doom and gloom merchants died with Mick.

They live on!!
And will till this new era fails.
Reminds me a lot of other topics in the world today
New signings on 12:58 - Aug 11 with 1475 viewsstickymockwell

New signings on 21:42 - Aug 9 by BlueDiamond

Don't agree. Losing two proven goal scorers in return for a hotch-potch of buy one get one free 1st Division players, who will keep our own youngsters out of the team,
is not how I hoped to see this season going.

Frankly it has the potential to be an utter shambles.

But who knows. There is a theory that if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters they will eventually come up with the works of Shakespeare!!

If you gave million monkeys a million typewriters, you'd have a million broken typewriters.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

Exactly on 13:05 - Aug 11 with 1465 viewsDyland

New signings on 11:33 - Aug 11 by connorscontract

That's the new policy. Sell for £5m, buy 2 or 3 £1m players to replace. Over time the club will start to break even, at which point build for promotion.

It's a five year plan. We're going to have to get used to a high turnover of fan favourites.

Evans is a businessman, and has now found a sustainable business model, and the man he feels can implement it.

It may go tits up. It may not work. But patience is needed. Unfortunately that's in short supply currently, not just in football. We live in a now now now culture.

Judging by the inability to hold the cool sounding slow build up to the When the Town Go Marching In chant, ITFC fans are all on speed, so not much hope of patience or longer term thinking :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

New signings on 14:13 - Aug 11 with 1435 viewsFartman

New signings on 23:30 - Aug 9 by Wickets

Is it only 4 ? i made it about 5 plus wage savings? Mind you i'm not moaning in fact i'm rather exited.

Sign-on fees is probably missing in your calculation:)

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

New signings on 14:17 - Aug 11 with 1431 viewshype313

Don't agree. Losing two proven goal scorers in return for a hotch-potch of buy one get one free 1st Division players, who will keep our own youngsters out of the team,

But who knows. There is a theory that if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters they will eventually come up with the works of Shakespeare!!

Ahh, you're the one Sir Bob used to moan about.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

New signings on 14:39 - Aug 11 with 1402 viewsFartman

New signings on 21:49 - Aug 9 by Terry_Nutkins

If we want a chance of getting out of this league its probably our best chance. Buy potential if unproven talent to take us forward and in some cases generate further cash and repeat. It needs someone who knows the lower leagues, can spot talent (i like how hands on Hurst is) and can develop them/fit them in right system. Its not full proof and its risky BUT we dont have another way.

I think first casualty of this not always working is Roberts. Cant see him getting much game time but was an early shot to nothing.

I agree with the most of it, but as we stand now we miss a ballplaying defender. We don't want a Midfielder sitting on the toes of our central defenders, to pick up and play the ball out of defence.

We'll lost a lot of Championship experience, and some of these players will as you said not manage the step up. Donician didn't look very comfortable as Centre back (understandable) or at right back. So for now he's not take me by storm.

The young lonees will be a bit inconsistance in their performance, although very impressed with what I saw against Blackburn.

Waghorn might be missed, not just his goals, assists and set-piceses, but also his positivity and personality. Then again the 3 players signed in the two central offensive positions look like being great signings.

My main sceptism is that our own youngsters are being pushed further back in the pecking order. We have some really talented ones on our hands, and they need to be given minutes (Dozzel, Nydam and Downes). If not, what's the need of the Academy. Some of them are good enough for the Championship... If loaning them out, it's important they play at the highest level possible. Rotherham would probably be a possibility, as Warne and Hurst are good friends and their squad is wafer thin.

In general this is going to be an exciting season!!!

All the best to Hurst and his squad - let's make sure that we as fans, shows our appreciation for having our Club back! Get behind the team and support then on good and bad days equally...
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 19:59]

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

New signings on 22:48 - Dec 14 with 1016 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

This
New signings on 22:59 - Dec 14 with 996 viewsLeagueOne

New signings on 22:48 - Dec 14 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

This

Yeah August made for painful reading looking back. I remember suggesting that we should see the results before celebrating too early was was called a Norwich fan! The whole best window ever thing....

It was our worse. We were also going to finish 20 points clear of the drop.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024