Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfielders of the past decade 10:50 - Aug 10 with 532 viewstheinbetweener

Touching again on one of yesterday's posts, which asked the question of the "best 11 of the past decade", I really struggled when it came to the midfield.

Regrettably, I ended up including Leadbitter in my team! The heat must have got to me but I really couldn't think of anybody else.

It got me thinking, how many midfielders of the past decade have actually enjoyed a sustained spell in the squad for longer than 1-2 seasons?

Skuse & Hyam off the top of my head - there can't be that many more can there?? And even Hyam had been "In and out" through either form or injury.

Would also be interested to find out how many loanees we've taken on during that same period!

It's so refreshing to now have a longer-term plan, potentially a team of "our own", who are generally all in their prime, who can all hopefully enjoy a good 3-4 seasons of sustained progress!

We are building something special, it's going to take time and patience, but I for one am more excited than I have been since the Burley/Royle days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024