Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham Predictions? 11:21 - Aug 10 with 1613 viewsMeenoITFC

A much needed 3 points in terms of confidence and morale, a few tough games coming up so its a big game tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what Nolan is about

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Rotherham Predictions? on 11:30 - Aug 10 with 1592 viewsLeagueOne

We should beat Rotherham though, as you rightly say the harder games are coming up so we need the 3 points.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Rotherham Predictions? on 11:34 - Aug 10 with 1583 viewsRobTheMonk

Huge game for one so early in the season.
Rotherham Predictions? on 11:36 - Aug 10 with 1578 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rotherham Predictions? on 11:30 - Aug 10 by LeagueOne

We should beat Rotherham though, as you rightly say the harder games are coming up so we need the 3 points.

Their opening result makes it harder.

They’ll be going out to try not to lose, rather than trying to win.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Rotherham Predictions? on 11:37 - Aug 10 with 1575 viewstextbackup

I’d take a point with all the new faces, win would be amazing obviously, but running before walking and all that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Rotherham Predictions? on 12:10 - Aug 10 with 1521 viewsReuser_is_God

Rotherham Predictions? on 11:37 - Aug 10 by textbackup

I’d take a point with all the new faces, win would be amazing obviously, but running before walking and all that

Calm down Mick

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Rotherham Predictions? on 12:17 - Aug 10 with 1509 viewsKieran_Knows

2-1 away win. Jackson off the bench to score the winner.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rotherham Predictions? on 12:47 - Aug 10 with 1468 viewsOsborneOneNil

Rotherham Predictions? on 12:17 - Aug 10 by Kieran_Knows

2-1 away win. Jackson off the bench to score the winner.

I’m surprised we are 2/1 to win tomorrow.
Rotherham Predictions? on 13:07 - Aug 10 with 1432 viewsDarth_Koont

Tricky one. Rotherham are another team like Blackburn who've been together for many games and haven't added too many this summer. And after the Brentford result I can see them tightening up where possible to at least make sure they don't lose. But the first goal will be more crucial than ever, I think.

I wouldn't settle for a point now obviously but I'm preparing for it at 5 pm tomorrow.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham Predictions? on 13:10 - Aug 10 with 1417 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm confident of a win tomorrow.

3-1 Town.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Rotherham Predictions? on 13:12 - Aug 10 with 1407 viewsMullet

I don't know.

I'd assume the Shrews lads come in. Spence and Downes are dropped/out. I'd quite like Edwards on the left and Ward on the right, but that seems harsh on Freddie.

Nolan deeper like Downes was and Rotherham to play for setpieces. Hopefully we can catch them for pace and Jackson comes off the bench to exploit that. I can see late goals though given the lack of playing time our defence has had and the pace we have to get at them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Rotherham Predictions? on 14:19 - Aug 10 with 1326 viewsOsborneOneNil

Rotherham Predictions? on 13:12 - Aug 10 by Mullet

I don't know.

I'd assume the Shrews lads come in. Spence and Downes are dropped/out. I'd quite like Edwards on the left and Ward on the right, but that seems harsh on Freddie.

Nolan deeper like Downes was and Rotherham to play for setpieces. Hopefully we can catch them for pace and Jackson comes off the bench to exploit that. I can see late goals though given the lack of playing time our defence has had and the pace we have to get at them.

Do you not think Nolan will be the furthest forward of the 3?
Rotherham Predictions? on 14:23 - Aug 10 with 1316 viewsMullet

Rotherham Predictions? on 14:19 - Aug 10 by OsborneOneNil

Do you not think Nolan will be the furthest forward of the 3?

That's where Downes was on Saturday initially until we were overrun by Blackburn

Skuse/Chalobah

Downes as a CM

Which left a big gap to Harrison. Hopefully Skuse won't be needed to play between Chalobah and Nolan either as it caused us no end of issues with the shape of the back four too.

Rotherham Predictions? on 14:26 - Aug 10 with 1312 viewsOsborneOneNil

Rotherham Predictions? on 14:23 - Aug 10 by Mullet

That's where Downes was on Saturday initially until we were overrun by Blackburn

Skuse/Chalobah

Downes as a CM

Which left a big gap to Harrison. Hopefully Skuse won't be needed to play between Chalobah and Nolan either as it caused us no end of issues with the shape of the back four too.

The picking of those 3 seemed odd to me when I saw the sheet. Nolan is a box to box, but can play 10. If Skuse plays, he has to sit, for me.
Rotherham Predictions? on 14:30 - Aug 10 with 1297 viewstextbackup

Rotherham Predictions? on 12:10 - Aug 10 by Reuser_is_God

Calm down Mick

Offer me a point now you numbskull and I’m not even getting that coach

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Rotherham Predictions? on 14:30 - Aug 10 with 1298 viewsMullet

Rotherham Predictions? on 14:26 - Aug 10 by OsborneOneNil

The picking of those 3 seemed odd to me when I saw the sheet. Nolan is a box to box, but can play 10. If Skuse plays, he has to sit, for me.

Nolan will have what Downes lacked in terms of the instinct to go forward and charge play down as well as the ability to carry the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see a flat 4-1-4-1 with Chalobah sat and Skuse dropping back to support him - but I'm not sure how effective that will be against better sides.

Nolan doesn't seem to enjoy being a 10 based on his interview, but apart from Grant Ward being given a go there I don't see a real option of not pushing him forward.

Rotherham Predictions? on 14:36 - Aug 10 with 1274 viewsOsborneOneNil

Rotherham Predictions? on 14:30 - Aug 10 by Mullet

Nolan will have what Downes lacked in terms of the instinct to go forward and charge play down as well as the ability to carry the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see a flat 4-1-4-1 with Chalobah sat and Skuse dropping back to support him - but I'm not sure how effective that will be against better sides.

Nolan doesn't seem to enjoy being a 10 based on his interview, but apart from Grant Ward being given a go there I don't see a real option of not pushing him forward.

Yeah, I agree, Nolan is different to what we've had of late and will certainly be the catalyst. Nolan will be fine being pushed forward, he has that instinct anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024