Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow’s Line up!! 13:17 - Aug 10 with 3959 viewsMonkey_Blue

So hard to predict given we have 4 new players to choose from since the first game( Ward being available).

The back 5 seems obvious but apart from perhaps Edwards there are 5 spots you can’t be sure of.
This is more what I predict than what I would pick as I would have Ward in the side and leave Nolan on the bench....although Nolan coming in also is going to limit Dozzell, Nydam and Downes time on the pitch, especially when Huws, Bishop and Adeyemi( not sure if we should just release him) get fit
Bart
Donacien
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen
Skuse
Chalobah
Nolan
Edwards
Harrison
Sears

Those who moaned about sears being used wide under MM look like being able to continue to moan this season.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:24]
Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 3913 viewsIpswichKnight

Maybe Ward instead of Sears? You can make a good case for either of them to play and I do think Ward is a better impact player off the bench than starter.
Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 13:38 - Aug 10 with 3866 viewsMonkey_Blue

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 13:26 - Aug 10 by IpswichKnight

Maybe Ward instead of Sears? You can make a good case for either of them to play and I do think Ward is a better impact player off the bench than starter.

Ward is predominantly right sided( not sure he’s played on the left for us) and you wouldn’t move Edwards after he was the only player to look good last week. The squad has changed so much which may be an issue early season so I’d prefer to see changes at this stage be more gradual. We will have a new CB pairing so I’d leave Nolan and Jackson on the bench, but at least wars has played with the others bar Nsiala
Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 13:46 - Aug 10 with 3833 viewschicoazul

Here is what I think it will be

Bart
Spence
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen
Chalobah
Downes
Skuse
Sears
Harrison
Edwards

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 13:47 - Aug 10 with 3827 viewsBrazilsnuts

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 13:26 - Aug 10 by IpswichKnight

I’d say
BART
Donacien Chambers Nsiala Knudsen
Nolan Chalobah Skuse
Ward Harrison Edwards

Gerken, Jackson, Spence, Sears, Downs, Kenlock, Dozzell
Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:17 - Aug 10 with 3744 viewsmadmouse1959

Still clinging on to the past. There is a good chance both Skuse and Sears are on the bench and rightly so.

We have recruited exciting talent to attack teams and hopefully Hurst will make full use of these signings starting at Rotherham. Let teams worry about us instead .

shampoo dave

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:23 - Aug 10 with 3722 viewsOsborneOneNil

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:17 - Aug 10 by madmouse1959

Still clinging on to the past. There is a good chance both Skuse and Sears are on the bench and rightly so.

We have recruited exciting talent to attack teams and hopefully Hurst will make full use of these signings starting at Rotherham. Let teams worry about us instead .

Indeed, well said.
Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:24 - Aug 10 with 3719 viewsOsborneOneNil

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 13:46 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Bart
Spence
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen
Chalobah
Downes
Skuse
Sears
Harrison
Edwards

Surely he won't play Trev, Skuse and Downes in the same side again.......it's not right.
Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:29 - Aug 10 with 3709 viewschicoazul

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:24 - Aug 10 by OsborneOneNil

Surely he won't play Trev, Skuse and Downes in the same side again.......it's not right.

I'd say there's a good chance. Downes supposedly is his boy, Skuse is one of our few experienced wise old heads, Chalobah seems to be able to make things happen. I can't claim to have seen much of them together but on the face of it it seems to be a nice balance.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

on 14:32 - Aug 10 with 3691 views_

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:35 - Aug 10 with 3667 viewsMonkey_Blue

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:17 - Aug 10 by madmouse1959

I’d be very surprised if Skuse was on the Bench. From PHs comments MM and fans who know anything about football value him... not just MM. Sears is perhaps more likely to be on the bench if he goes with Jackson in the middle and perhaps pushes Harrison out to the left... but sears did create our opener and has been praised by the manager for the work he does for the team.

He has options at the moment as we have so many players who’s performance level in the championship is an unknown quantity. We do need a balance so I suspect He’ll stick with Sears and Skuse
Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:39 - Aug 10 with 3652 viewsDarth_Koont

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 13:38 - Aug 10 by Monkey_Blue

Ward is predominantly right sided( not sure he’s played on the left for us) and you wouldn’t move Edwards after he was the only player to look good last week. The squad has changed so much which may be an issue early season so I’d prefer to see changes at this stage be more gradual. We will have a new CB pairing so I’d leave Nolan and Jackson on the bench, but at least wars has played with the others bar Nsiala

I didn't see the pre-season games bar West Ham but seem to remember Ward being mentioned on the left and swapping sides with Edwards. We also might even see Edun starting there.

Ultimately, I think Freddie will be more competition, cover and a flexible option off the bench for the front 4 but be surprised if he's viewed as first choice now Ward's back from suspension and we've brought in Nolan, Jackson and Edun.

Pronouns: He/Him

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:06 - Aug 10 with 3589 viewseddiespearitt03

Na. I think Skuse and Sears will have to be very lucky to be anywhere near the starting line up . If Hurst wants to make his mark then tough decisions need to be made. It will be interesting to see if Hurst is willing to experiment with his tactical options.

We all want to see attacking football and a high press so other teams will have to worry about defending more than us. .
Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:07 - Aug 10 with 3585 viewsmeekreech

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 13:46 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Bart
Spence
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen
Chalobah
Downes
Skuse
Sears
Harrison
Edwards

Doubt very much there will be that many Mccarthy players used . I anticipate only 3 from the previous regime will be playing. Managers don't sign players to bench warm especially when they have been made special cases for signing .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:08 - Aug 10 with 3583 viewschicoazul

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:06 - Aug 10 by eddiespearitt03

Na. I think Skuse and Sears will have to be very lucky to be anywhere near the starting line up . If Hurst wants to make his mark then tough decisions need to be made. It will be interesting to see if Hurst is willing to experiment with his tactical options.

We all want to see attacking football and a high press so other teams will have to worry about defending more than us. .

Playing Skuse and Sears would be the tough decision after all the transfer activity this week.

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:14 - Aug 10 with 3559 viewsSwailsey

Genuine question, as Jackson is our most expensive signing for years, why aren't people thinking he'll start?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:15 - Aug 10 with 3555 viewswkj

I would say a direct, maybe route one approach with

BART

SPENCE CHAMBERS KNUDSEN KENLOCK

DOZ SKUSE

WARD SEARS

SEARS SEARS
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 15:18]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:16 - Aug 10 with 3549 viewschicoazul

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:14 - Aug 10 by Swailsey

Genuine question, as Jackson is our most expensive signing for years, why aren't people thinking he'll start?

For me it's simply because he hasn't been here long, probably trained with the others at the most twice, and has been through what I imagine was quite an emotional experience getting down here. He may start I suppose but it seems much more likely he will be on the bench.

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:20 - Aug 10 with 3532 viewsSwailsey

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:16 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

For me it's simply because he hasn't been here long, probably trained with the others at the most twice, and has been through what I imagine was quite an emotional experience getting down here. He may start I suppose but it seems much more likely he will be on the bench.

Ah I getcha.

Donacien only had a few days though didn't he?

I take your point though - I think you're probably right.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

on 15:22 - Aug 10 with 3527 views_

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:14 - Aug 10 by Swailsey

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:29 - Aug 10 with 3495 viewschicoazul

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:20 - Aug 10 by Swailsey

Ah I getcha.

Donacien only had a few days though didn't he?

I take your point though - I think you're probably right.

Donacien had to play as we had no other defenders.

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:36 - Aug 10 with 3471 viewsMonkey_Blue

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:15 - Aug 10 by wkj

I would say a direct, maybe route one approach with

BART

SPENCE CHAMBERS KNUDSEN KENLOCK

DOZ SKUSE

WARD SEARS

SEARS SEARS
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 15:18]

WKj-Sears is going to be busy 😂
Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:37 - Aug 10 with 3472 viewsRamRob

Hurst will surprise us all with a flat 442
Nolan up front behind Harrison

Bart
Donacien Chambo Toto Knudsen
Ward Skuse Chalobah Edwards
Harrison Nolan

Gerken Kenlock Spence Edun Dozzell Sears Jackson

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 14:06 - Aug 11 with 3090 viewsRamRob

Tomorrow’s Line up!! on 15:37 - Aug 10 by RamRob

Hurst will surprise us all with a flat 442
Nolan up front behind Harrison

Bart
Donacien Chambo Toto Knudsen
Ward Skuse Chalobah Edwards
Harrison Nolan

Gerken Kenlock Spence Edun Dozzell Sears Jackson

Got the XI right!

Just Roberts for Dozzell on the bench

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024