Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if we don't beat Rotherham 13:58 - Aug 10 with 3963 viewsIllinoisblue

a return of 1 (or 2) points from opening two games v promoted teams will be a very poor return ahead of games v much tougher opponents.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:00 - Aug 10 with 3939 viewshype313

I think we will knock them out of the park, not only are our new players going to be chomping at the bit to make an impression, the existing players will know that they have to perform to keep their place in the side.

I think we will win comfortably.

Excuse the pun, but given our new players, I think we could quite well be the dark horse.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:00 - Aug 10 with 3938 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, Hurst out if so.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:04 - Aug 10 with 3914 viewsLankHenners

Rotherham will be a different (i.e. worse) team. Reading Harry's preview it seems like their fans weren't completely confident they had enough to challenge for promotion from League 1 let alone compete in this division. Blackburn had the momentum from a super season whereas Rotherham had the longer route and don't have a Graham/Dack in their team to cause real problems.

If our defence doesn't make silly errors again then our new boys could really have some fun. A fast start and I can't see Rotherham being able to drag themselves back into the game like Blackburn did.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:12 - Aug 10 with 3835 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

I'll be cancelling my season ticket if I'm honest, which I'm often not.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:13 - Aug 10 with 3829 viewsIllinoisblue

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:00 - Aug 10 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, Hurst out if so.

right?

62 - 78 - 81

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:14 - Aug 10 with 3820 viewsIllinoisblue

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:04 - Aug 10 by LankHenners

Rotherham will be a different (i.e. worse) team. Reading Harry's preview it seems like their fans weren't completely confident they had enough to challenge for promotion from League 1 let alone compete in this division. Blackburn had the momentum from a super season whereas Rotherham had the longer route and don't have a Graham/Dack in their team to cause real problems.

If our defence doesn't make silly errors again then our new boys could really have some fun. A fast start and I can't see Rotherham being able to drag themselves back into the game like Blackburn did.

Sounds good. I'll be watching on iFollow trying to figure out who our players are.

62 - 78 - 81

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:23 - Aug 10 with 3760 viewsPJH

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:14 - Aug 10 by Illinoisblue

Sounds good. I'll be watching on iFollow trying to figure out who our players are.

I assume that they will be the ones with blue shirts on.
if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:24 - Aug 10 with 3750 viewssuffolkpoker

if we win we are going to be among the play offs!

#justsaying

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:26 - Aug 10 with 3740 viewsOldsmoker

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:04 - Aug 10 by LankHenners

Harrys review contains the highlights of the Brentford game 5-1.
The movement of the Brentford forwards caused their back 4 all sorts of problems. Their fans comments seem to think that their defence is shaky. It remains to be seen if we have the personnel to copy Brentford and get in amongst them. I'm confident we can do that enough times to score more goals than them and win the game.
Kick 'em while their confidence is down is what I say.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

if we don't beat Rotherham on 15:11 - Aug 10 with 3625 viewswkj

WHile Blackburn is technically a promoted club, they are much better than a League 1 side, they managed to keep a lot of good players after being relegated. Yes, they got relegated, but that season they were really poorly managed, Mogga came in and fixed it. Blackburn are what I would consider on par with ourselves as a mid-table side.

Rotherham is seen as a must win game for both sides, as for wigan? They have a good manager, so it will be tough. I think we will get more points from teams we dont fancy than teams we expect to beat this year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

if we don't beat Rotherham on 15:39 - Aug 10 with 3532 viewsBOjK

if we don't beat Rotherham on 15:11 - Aug 10 by wkj

WHile Blackburn is technically a promoted club, they are much better than a League 1 side, they managed to keep a lot of good players after being relegated. Yes, they got relegated, but that season they were really poorly managed, Mogga came in and fixed it. Blackburn are what I would consider on par with ourselves as a mid-table side.

Rotherham is seen as a must win game for both sides, as for wigan? They have a good manager, so it will be tough. I think we will get more points from teams we dont fancy than teams we expect to beat this year.

"Rotherham is seen as a must win game for both sides"

Seen by idiots maybe. This is the second game of the season.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

if we don't beat Rotherham on 15:51 - Aug 10 with 3483 viewsIllinoisblue

if we don't beat Rotherham on 14:23 - Aug 10 by PJH

I assume that they will be the ones with blue shirts on.

if we're wearing orange I'll be properly fooked

62 - 78 - 81

if we don't beat Rotherham on 16:54 - Aug 10 with 3381 viewsPositivelyPortman

Easy Illinois, it sounds like you’ve made your mind up on the result.
It’s early days. It’s going to take time to get all these new players to bed in isn’t it?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

if we don't beat Rotherham on 17:05 - Aug 10 with 3354 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

2 games?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

if we don't beat Rotherham on 17:21 - Aug 10 with 3307 viewsJ2BLUE

Rotherham aren't going to be a team of mugs. They'll have something to prove after last week and it's their first home game since promotion.

We also have several new players and will likely have Nsiala and Nolan making their debuts. I reckon Jackson might be on the bench and come on late on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

if we don't beat Rotherham on 17:42 - Aug 10 with 3259 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

if we don't beat Rotherham on 17:05 - Aug 10 by TheTrueBlue1878

2 games?

Whilst in my dreams I see us giving Rotherham a pasting, in reality I think its after the Exeter game that PH will work out who he wants in his 1st 11 and the new recruits will start performing like a joined up unit. So I'm looking forward to the Villa game.

Poll: would you rather

if we don't beat Rotherham on 17:44 - Aug 10 with 3253 viewstextbackup

Hmmmmm yay and nay

Blackburn had a buzz... we contained that

Rovverham have a buzz, got dicked, want to repair that...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

if we don't beat Rotherham on 17:45 - Aug 10 with 3244 viewsIllinoisblue

if we don't beat Rotherham on 17:05 - Aug 10 by TheTrueBlue1878

2 games?

yes, 1 + 1 is generally known to be 2, even on the internet

62 - 78 - 81

if we don't beat Rotherham on 17:47 - Aug 10 with 3237 viewsNorthern_Blue81

3-1 Town. Jackson hat-trick. All nice and cheery.
if we don't beat Rotherham on 17:52 - Aug 10 with 3216 viewsgt81

It will be very disappointing, and a slight concern, but it won't necessarily be a reflection of the whole season to come.

We won the first 4 last season, ultimately it meant nothing. We could fail to win our first 4 this season, it won't necessarily mean anything.
if we don't beat Rotherham on 18:17 - Aug 10 with 3150 viewsBloomBlue

Sir Alex always said the worst time to play a promoted team is in the first 5 or 6 games at the start of the season.
if we don't beat Rotherham on 20:34 - Aug 10 with 2945 viewsWestSussexBlue

if we don't beat Rotherham on 15:39 - Aug 10 by BOjK

"Rotherham is seen as a must win game for both sides"

Seen by idiots maybe. This is the second game of the season.

Or perhaps it’s idiots that didn’t consider that we have Villa Derby and Norwich all in the next 3 weeks?
I’d say tomorrow is very much a game we need a win from or we may quickly be in a struggle to reach mid table.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024