Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell... 14:14 - Aug 11 with 3270 viewsITFCBlues

Pretty disappointing that he’s not been involved as yet. I hope it’s more of a case of easing him back in as opposed to not being likely to feature.

Think it’s obvious that Emmanuel & Nydam are likely to be loaned out. Could possibly see Downes follow them as well. Probably for the best in all 3 cases. A season on loan for each of them could really benefit them.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 14:17]

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Dozzell and Downes need blooding into our first team on 14:17 - Aug 11 with 2331 viewsDyland

People are saying Andre isn't fit. Didn't he play the whole of the West Ham game? As one of the best players?

Likewise, surprised/disappointed Dozzers isn't on the bench.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dozzell... on 14:17 - Aug 11 with 2320 viewsfloridaboy

Hurst has already said that Dozzell is not fully fit. He has been out for nearly a year so that is to be expected.

As for the other youngsters they need to go out on loan to gain experience and game time
Dozzell... on 14:23 - Aug 11 with 2243 viewsMeltonBlue

I think he will start on Tuesday night against exeter. He has been out a year and a young lad at that. His time will come this season and once he has his spot he will keep it IMO
Dozzell... on 14:23 - Aug 11 with 2239 viewsOsborneOneNil

That’s my only concern, Dozzell not being involved. Let’s hope it’s purely lack of match fitness.
Dozzell... on 14:25 - Aug 11 with 2222 viewsDyland

Dozzell... on 14:23 - Aug 11 by OsborneOneNil

That’s my only concern, Dozzell not being involved. Let’s hope it’s purely lack of match fitness.

It can't be purely that, or he would be on the bench and available as a sub!

Dozzell... on 14:26 - Aug 11 with 2202 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we'll have to give PH patience and the benefit of the doubt re: the kids.

If he goes for the high-intensity style of play over a full season they're always going to be the biggest casualties. Much better to get 24 year-olds in who can more easily cope with those physical demands. Hopefully over time a few of our academy products can work themselves back in but I'm sure a few might need to go out on loan to get serious game time in order to be ready.

Pronouns: He/Him

Dozzell... on 14:27 - Aug 11 with 2174 viewsOsborneOneNil

Dozzell... on 14:25 - Aug 11 by Dyland

It can't be purely that, or he would be on the bench and available as a sub!

Not if Edun is 100% and Dozzell is 80%, or whatever.
Dozzell and Downes need blooding into our first team on 14:28 - Aug 11 with 2172 viewsGarv

Dozzell and Downes need blooding into our first team on 14:17 - Aug 11 by Dyland

People are saying Andre isn't fit. Didn't he play the whole of the West Ham game? As one of the best players?

He did play the whole game I think but it was clear he wasn't fully fit.

I agree it's a shame he can't make the bench, though. Also Nydam.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell... on 14:29 - Aug 11 with 2141 viewsBrixtonBlue

Played v West Ham (and was MOTM), bench (unused) v Blacburn, not even in the squad today.

Doesn't seem like "easing him back" to me... if anything he's easing him in the opposite direction.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Dozzell... on 14:29 - Aug 11 with 2141 viewsDyland

Dozzell... on 14:27 - Aug 11 by OsborneOneNil

Not if Edun is 100% and Dozzell is 80%, or whatever.

But he won't get up to match fitness without being subbed into or out of matches. Maybe Hurst is thinking of starting him at Exeter.

Dozzell and Downes need blooding into our first team on 14:30 - Aug 11 with 2129 viewsITFCBlues

Dozzell and Downes need blooding into our first team on 14:17 - Aug 11 by Dyland

He did & if I remember correctly PH did say that he didn’t want him to play that much this early into the season.

I think he will get his chance soon. Is too good not to

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I hope so, but there's no time like the present on 14:33 - Aug 11 with 2097 viewsDyland

Dozzell and Downes need blooding into our first team on 14:30 - Aug 11 by ITFCBlues

He did & if I remember correctly PH did say that he didn’t want him to play that much this early into the season.

I think he will get his chance soon. Is too good not to

Obviously prepared to give the new management the benefit of the doubt for the time being ;)

Dozzell... on 14:36 - Aug 11 with 2057 viewsWickets

Of course Dozzell is not fit he had a very serious knee injury the sort of injury that has ended players careers. The manager has said he is not ready , as for the West Ham game it was played a i/2 pace with next to no tackling blimey give the lad time to recover propley then we will be able to see what a great player he can become!
Dozzell... on 14:37 - Aug 11 with 2049 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Feels like our new manager is risk averse with our youngsters. Feels really odd.

Nydam, Dozzell could be entitled to be pretty angry
Dozzell... on 14:38 - Aug 11 with 2047 viewsfloridaboy

According to Stuart Watson/Andy Warren it is being reported that Dozzell is being lined up for a loan spell.

If he is not going to get match time here then it does make so much sense. Long term he benefits in getting up to full match fitness and the club benefits.

Put him out on loan until January would make sense
Dozzell... on 14:38 - Aug 11 with 2031 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Dozzell... on 14:36 - Aug 11 by Wickets

Of course Dozzell is not fit he had a very serious knee injury the sort of injury that has ended players careers. The manager has said he is not ready , as for the West Ham game it was played a i/2 pace with next to no tackling blimey give the lad time to recover propley then we will be able to see what a great player he can become!

Them why was he on the bench last week but not this?
Dozzell... on 14:39 - Aug 11 with 2026 viewsOsborneOneNil

Dozzell... on 14:29 - Aug 11 by Dyland

But he won't get up to match fitness without being subbed into or out of matches. Maybe Hurst is thinking of starting him at Exeter.

Yeah that would be a good shout
Dozzell... on 14:40 - Aug 11 with 2002 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Dozzell... on 14:38 - Aug 11 by floridaboy

According to Stuart Watson/Andy Warren it is being reported that Dozzell is being lined up for a loan spell.

If he is not going to get match time here then it does make so much sense. Long term he benefits in getting up to full match fitness and the club benefits.

Totally disagree. He’s class. He should play for us, ahead of other teams kids.
Dozzell... on 14:42 - Aug 11 with 1998 viewsDyland

Dozzell... on 14:39 - Aug 11 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah that would be a good shout

I don't think loaning him is good at all. We need to start building the midfield around him and Nolan, imo. Though if they all sit down together and agree a loan is best, what do I know. I can't imagine he'll be kicked around any less in L1 than our division though.

Dozzell... on 14:45 - Aug 11 with 1958 viewslukey130490

Dozzell... on 14:38 - Aug 11 by floridaboy

This is going to bring the blubbers out in full force!
Dozzell... on 14:47 - Aug 11 with 1939 viewsMaySixth

It's not surprising at all when Hurst said weeks ago that Dozzell was nowhere near his required fitness levels.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Dozzell... on 14:48 - Aug 11 with 1925 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Dozzell... on 14:45 - Aug 11 by lukey130490

This is going to bring the blubbers out in full force!

Odd comment.

Who wouldn’t want a classy player who has come through our academy, England junior all the way through, in our own team?
Dozzell... on 14:50 - Aug 11 with 1906 viewslukey130490

Dozzell... on 14:48 - Aug 11 by CBMTOBWMMBG

Odd comment.

Who wouldn’t want a classy player who has come through our academy, England junior all the way through, in our own team?

So chuck a player, who although a great talent, has little championship experience and needs match fitness, straight into the squad before he is ready and risk another injury/confidence knock, or send him out on loan, to probably a high level league 1 team to gain match fitness and shine. Seems like a sensible choice to me.
Dozzell... on 14:54 - Aug 11 with 1868 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dozzell... on 14:50 - Aug 11 by lukey130490

So chuck a player, who although a great talent, has little championship experience and needs match fitness, straight into the squad before he is ready and risk another injury/confidence knock, or send him out on loan, to probably a high level league 1 team to gain match fitness and shine. Seems like a sensible choice to me.

Why is Champ football risking another injury but in League 1 he gains fitness and shines?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Dozzell... on 14:55 - Aug 11 with 1864 viewsDyland

Dozzell... on 14:50 - Aug 11 by lukey130490

He has more Championship experience than many of our first team, so that's not especially relevant. It's all about fitness. Why you think he's at less risk of injury setback at a League 1 club is anyone's guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024