Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A big problem for us will be........ 17:27 - Aug 11 with 4442 viewsHerbivore

..........our fanbase's lack of patience currently. Today's result isn't good and there's no getting away from that, but it does seem some are going OTT already with talk of a relegation battle when we're 2 games in. It was also notable last week that at 1-2 in the second half there were periods where the crowd was restless and there were moans and groans when attacks broke down.

We're very much a work in progress, a number of today's team have been at the club 5 minutes and Hurst is still getting his ideas across. It will take time for things to bed in but for all the talk on here of being happy to be bottom half if the football is better it seems that one bad result is something a chunk of our fans struggle to tolerate. If the atmosphere turns negative then it will make it really hard for us to progress and it's going to be a challenge for some of these inexperienced lads.

So yes, poor result today and a game we shouldn't be losing even whilst we're gelling. But let's not over-egg it and let's not create the kind of negative atmosphere that makes a relegation scrap a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:29 - Aug 11 with 3290 viewshomer_123

FFS give em a chance by homer_123 11 Aug 2018 17:24
The numbskulls got a taste for blood, believing they ousted Mick.

Inevitably this means they feel they can go for it whenever sh*t happens, which, in football, it oddly does.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:31 - Aug 11 with 3266 viewsAljoBlue

agree with your points and to reiterate it was a poor result, not a poor performance. In the 1st half particularly i thought we were excellent. Where we are looking weak is scoring goals but give it time. Harrison worked so hard but did not pose any threat unfortunately.
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:33 - Aug 11 with 3247 viewsTrequartista

100% correct but fans are passionate they see our best players leaving for other championship clubs, they see lower divsion players come in as a cheap,option we lose to rotherham and fears come to the surface. I would love this team to get better and better and win promotion but a message board is a better place to sound off than the stadium. Let poeple emote.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:36 - Aug 11 with 3212 viewsTendring_Blue

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:33 - Aug 11 by Trequartista

100% correct but fans are passionate they see our best players leaving for other championship clubs, they see lower divsion players come in as a cheap,option we lose to rotherham and fears come to the surface. I would love this team to get better and better and win promotion but a message board is a better place to sound off than the stadium. Let poeple emote.

Well that's a fair point. Better on here than in the ground!

I'm not making any judgments until October.
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:36 - Aug 11 with 3203 viewskpblues

Totally agree.
We mustn't let last season's negativity affect this year.

Paul's trying to put in a new approach with players who have only just met in some cases.

Disappointing result but let's not lose it.

It's going to be very tricky against Villa next week so let's give it all we've got and get behind the team.

COYB !!

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:39 - Aug 11 with 3177 viewsHoofballFanboy

Our biggest problem is that we have a manager who's out of his depth
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:39 - Aug 11 with 3162 viewsGuthrum

Well they shouldn't. When did the stiff upper lip become a trembling lower one?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:40 - Aug 11 with 3158 viewshomer_123

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:39 - Aug 11 by HoofballFanboy

You are SO right. I was advocating Wenger.

Login to get fewer ads

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:42 - Aug 11 with 3150 viewsHerbivore

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:29 - Aug 11 by homer_123

Inevitably this means they feel they can go for it whenever sh*t happens, which, in football, it oddly does.

Numbskulls gonna numbskull. I think being disappointed is one thing (I'm not happy about us losing to Rotherham) but some of the reactions are barmy given we're 2 games in.

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:43 - Aug 11 with 3132 viewsLeaky

Tw@t
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:43 - Aug 11 with 3129 viewsfabian_illness

I'm embarrassed by some of the comments.
Some so called fans expect instant success, in reality the new regime need plenty of time to turn the club around.
We need to back the team and create a positive atmosphere for the team to develop and flourish.
Unfortunately a lot of Ipswich Town followers don't have that in them.
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:45 - Aug 11 with 3112 viewsHerbivore

People were starting to emote in the ground last week in the second half, not anything compared to last season but audible moans and groans.

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:45 - Aug 11 with 3111 viewslongtimefan

The problem is that it’s a results based business. Unfortunately for all the statements from people that they’d prefer to lose and be entertained rather than bored, it will never turn out that way.
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:46 - Aug 11 with 3101 viewsfabian_illness

You must be a Norwich fan.
You spouted nothing but rubbish since you've been here.
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:46 - Aug 11 with 3092 viewshomer_123

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:42 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Numbskulls gonna numbskull. I think being disappointed is one thing (I'm not happy about us losing to Rotherham) but some of the reactions are barmy given we're 2 games in.

Gutted we lost but it was turning into one of those games. I think we could have stayed out there for another 90 mins and not found the net.

That's the way it goes sometimes but to start drawing long term conclusions, well, numbskulls.

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:48 - Aug 11 with 3069 viewspeterleeblue

Post of the Weekend - well done!

Most of Burley's play off seasons involved stuttering starts and coming strong later in the season. Most people wanted change. We have what we wanted now we have to suck it up and be patient.
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:49 - Aug 11 with 3057 viewspatrickswell

I think your last paragraph sums it up - added to the worries about looking toothless in a week when 26 goals have been let out the door to other Championship sides - added to the fact that Dozzell is likely to be loaned out when we need to be be using him here.

But then if the ref gives some of these penalty decisions that I’ve been reading about, maybe we come away with 4 points on the board before two much tougher games and all feel better. Hurst’s been getting his excuses in quick this week - “It’ll take these lads time to learn but there’s some we could sell on for good money in a few seasons”. #aspiration.
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 2982 viewsportmanking

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:48 - Aug 11 by peterleeblue

Post of the Weekend - well done!

Most of Burley's play off seasons involved stuttering starts and coming strong later in the season. Most people wanted change. We have what we wanted now we have to suck it up and be patient.

Most people wanted change, but there's change and then there's CHANGE. This is the latter. We're hoping that an untested manager at this level can mould a successful team of players untested at this level. You can see the scale of the task we face.
A big problem for us will be........ on 17:59 - Aug 11 with 2945 viewsHerbivore

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:56 - Aug 11 by portmanking

Most people wanted change, but there's change and then there's CHANGE. This is the latter. We're hoping that an untested manager at this level can mould a successful team of players untested at this level. You can see the scale of the task we face.

The scale of change is more than any of us expected and time will tell whether we've changed too much too soon, but now is not the time to be able to make that judgement. Poor result and losing it the way we did isn't good, however we're two games in and it seems there were positives today and arguably had the ref done his job we'd have got the win. That's all too familiar though from previous seasons.

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:03 - Aug 11 with 2897 viewshomer_123

But this was the choice, stick or twist.

We've twisted, let's see how the cards play out ... it's a very long season. Loan market still open, this group of players hasn't properly gelled.

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:10 - Aug 11 with 2846 viewsBenters2

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:29 - Aug 11 by homer_123

I havent seen any numbskulls moaning though?

I will take my thoughts from what i read on here from those that went to the game,not some drip in the US of A !

Mach will be along in a mo.
A big problem for us will be........ on 18:14 - Aug 11 with 2820 viewsSuperfrans

Exactly. Our fanbase effectively splits into two halves, those who wanted a change and those who didn’t.

Those who wanted a change - you wanted a change in manager and style, that won’t hapoen overnight, it will take time to bed in, show you are grown ups and give it time. This is going to require some patience.

Those who didn’t want a change - it’s happened now, we have a new manager, trying something different, show the loyalty you said was important about the last manager, give him time to do his job. This is going to require patience.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:20 - Aug 11 with 2780 viewsGuthrum

We couldn't change just a bit. Otherwise we'd have been left with half a team. Do you think there was ever a chance Waghorn would have stayed with offers of £5m to £8m on the table?

If we were going to change anything, we'd have to change a lot.

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:20 - Aug 11 with 2783 viewschristiand

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:45 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

People were starting to emote in the ground last week in the second half, not anything compared to last season but audible moans and groans.

That’s built on seasons of frustrations, nothing more. We’ve come to expect the worse, hence today’s result and some of the reactions to it.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:22 - Aug 11 with 2758 viewsGuthrum

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:10 - Aug 11 by Benters2

I havent seen any numbskulls moaning though?

I will take my thoughts from what i read on here from those that went to the game,not some drip in the US of A !

Mach will be along in a mo.

I'm looking forward to the reports of those who went.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024