Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A rallying cry to any supporters feeling negative 01:18 - Aug 12 with 1265 viewsRobbie12345

If you take a step back and let it sink in, it is not the end of the world after 1 point from the first 2 games. Sure it could and should have been better but there are sooo many postives. If we play like today the rest of the season there is surely no way we get near the bottom. Sure up RB, take our chances and we will be dominating games.

If you look at our next few games we actually DO NOT have a tough run and it comes quick and fast which is what we need. Exeter next gives a chance for some to prove themselves to Hurst, get some goals and some confidence. Aston Villa who chucked everything at it last year and will have an inevitable play off hangover- at least to begin with. This could be the perfect time to play them! Derby who like us (sure of bigger names and likely more quality) have a whole team of new players in their squad (pretty much) which will take time to bed in. Remember their game vs Reading- first game of the season, absolutely dire. We have played well/not got results. Sheff Wed, they were terrible last year and have many players coming back who haven’t played regurally last year alongside a transfer embargo and loosing some solid players, yes including scummer Rhodes.

I am/was absolutely fumming after todays game, I didn’t feel like going to another game after being sooo excited for this season. Lets loose the next 4/5 in a row before starting to get concerned as I think many will be surprised. I hope so anyways. Going to Derby and Sheff W games, lets continue the fantastic support today and lift the team into confidence as they learn eachothers games. Don’t give up hope yet. Keep numbers high and voices ready.

Just remember, Naaawwrich are still below us and they aren’t over reacting as bad, trust me.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

A rallying cry to any supporters feeling negative on 01:32 - Aug 12 with 1227 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Good discussion but I don't give a rat's ass what Norwich get up to. What they do is their business, I just concentrate on our own endeavors, not other club sides.

I'm not one for pissing my pants after an adverse start or losing out after so many games. The season is judged on nine months, not two afternoons. May have been said before but promotion is unlikely so guess we'll be aiming for the verge of the play-off places.

Today's response was expected but nothing new. People seem cautious or concerned about the new set-up and model of the team but it's far too premature to be making proper judgments. Today was frustrating, guess we'll allow Hurst and the kids their chance and see where it takes us. This league is unpredictable, all things are possible, the top six remains plausible, but doubts remain if that achievement will come to pass in the time ahead.
A rallying cry to any supporters feeling negative on 01:59 - Aug 12 with 1197 viewspatrickswell

Er...Norwich are above us on goals scored. And Aston Villa’s playoff hangover equals maximum points from their games played so far.

Apart from that, yeah, lots to be optimistic about for us.
(No subject) (n/t) on 02:00 - Aug 12 with 1194 viewspatrickswell

A rallying cry to any supporters feeling negative on 08:18 - Aug 12 with 1040 viewsBadgerBajner

After our play off season, I felt we would have to take a step back before we could move forward. Change our style of play and bring in better players. It's a shame it's taken 3 years of going backwards before deciding that's what was needed. However, despite the first 2 results, I feel positive for the first time in a long time. I feel as if there is more of a longer term plan than just ensuring we don't get relegated this season.

We have a hungry young ambitious manager, with hungry players who want to prove themselves, who are not going to settle for Championship survival as being seen as success. Isn't that what we want?

In previous seasons when we have had overreaction to good or disappointing opening results, I said you need to wait and comment after 12 games and at half way. This would give a better idea as to where we were at. This season, I think the second half of the season will indicate whether we have made progress. By then all the new players will have settled in and should understand the system. A good finish to the season will give huge hope for the next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024