Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? 09:24 - Aug 12 with 4524 viewsunstableblue

What do we think Paul is planning?

He clearly likes Cup games and tries to win them
Villa needs a big performance and a result would be huge and there is a danger of fatigue
But our leader knows players need to bed in further, get, and get the attacking fluidity and ruthlessness he was bemoaning at Rotherham - and maybe you can build this and the confidence against a lower league side

Note: Villa are away at Yeovil, on Sky, also on Tuesday.

My thoughts are:
- to leave keeper and defenders as is
- bring Downes into Skuse role
- try Roberts or sears over Ward
- keep Harrison in for a goal; swap Jackson half time for a goal

A win would be good for the club

What do you think??
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 9:27]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 09:31 - Aug 12 with 4473 viewshomer_123

Play the yoofs, sod the cup.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 09:32 - Aug 12 with 4470 viewsDanTheMan

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 09:31 - Aug 12 by homer_123

I'd disagree, could be a good chance to keep bedding in the players we've got and trying to get some winning confidence in them.

Although maybe give Jackson a start over Harrison.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 09:39 - Aug 12 with 4429 viewshomer_123

Oh J2! 😜

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 10:25 - Aug 12 with 4353 viewsPendejo

Play 1st choice starting 11. Due to overhaul August effectively pre-season and they need to find their "mojo" fast. Especially in front of opposition goal.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 11:04 - Aug 12 with 4302 viewsSomethingBlue

Give Jackson, Downes, Sears, Spence and Kenlock starts. Keep the rest broadly the same. That should be a team that can win.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 11:12 - Aug 12 with 4268 viewsnshearman1

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 11:04 - Aug 12 by SomethingBlue

Give Jackson, Downes, Sears, Spence and Kenlock starts. Keep the rest broadly the same. That should be a team that can win.

I wouldn't play Spence. Personally, I'm struggling with his judgements on our home-grown youths, Dozzell, Nydam, Downes, Emmanuel, would like to see some of them in the mix, but don't think it will happen. I think he'll keep Harrison in, bring Jackson on from the bench again.
So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 11:23 - Aug 12 with 4234 viewsBlueBoots

Gerken

Donacien
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen

Chalobah
Downes

Roberts
Sears
Edun

Jackson

Would keep the back 4 for more experience playing together as a unit, but give the players who haven't had as much game time this season a chance to improve their match sharpness.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 11:24 - Aug 12 with 4234 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Would go:

Bart
Donacien, Chambers, Nsiala, Knudson,
Downes, Skuse, Dozzell
Roberts, Harrison, Jackson

Subs: Nolan, Kenlock, Gerken, Nydam, Morris, Sears, Emmanuel

Or something like that. Defence needs to stsy same anf get used to each other. Nolan off bench as not played much so not another 90. Skuse just to organise and then a bit more attacking. Edwards and Challobah can have a rest.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 18:48 - Aug 12 with 4054 viewsTerry_Nutkins

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 11:23 - Aug 12 by BlueBoots

Gerken

Donacien
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen

Chalobah
Downes

Roberts
Sears
Edun

Jackson

Would keep the back 4 for more experience playing together as a unit, but give the players who haven't had as much game time this season a chance to improve their match sharpness.

Great minds

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 19:05 - Aug 12 with 4027 viewsJETPower

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 18:48 - Aug 12 by Terry_Nutkins

Great minds

Hurst said Downes would have been in the squad but for being sick. Everyone seems to be ignoring this in favour of getting in a flap.
So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 19:19 - Aug 12 with 4012 viewsMrTown

–––––––––Gerken–––––––––
Spence–Chambers–Nsiala–Kenlock
–––––Skuse–––Edun––––––––
Ward–––––-Nolan––––––Roberts
––––––––Jackson––––––––––

SUBS:
Bart - Knudsen - Chalobah - Sears - Harrison - Dozzell - Edwards

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 22:17 - Aug 12 with 3910 viewsDeano69

I think our strongest 11 could do with more game time, personally. Some have only played one game and not much competitive football together.

I would play our strongest possible side, pop a few goals away and build some confidence and partnerships.

Would like to see us try out a 4-4-2 with Harrison and Jackson on together.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 22:24 - Aug 12 with 3900 viewsTrequartista

Gerken, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Dozzell, Nydam should all start, if they can't perform against Exeter what is the point of having them in the squad.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 22:42 - Aug 12 with 3849 viewsJ2BLUE

Start our strongest team with Kenlock in for Knudsen. Good game to rest him as he hasn't had much of a break. Let Bart continue to build a partnership with the CBs and Donacien.

Great chance to build some confidence and give them a chance to gel with the pressure off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 01:37 - Aug 13 with 3745 viewseddiespearitt03

Exeter Line Up :

-----------------------------------------Gerken----------------------------------

Cotter------------------Spence------------Emanuel ...…………..Kenlock

Ward-----------------------Downes---------------Dozzell----------------Edun

-------------------------------Jackson--------------------Morris------------------

SUBS USED: Roberts + Nydam + Folami
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 1:38]
on 01:54 - Aug 13 with 3726 views_

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 01:37 - Aug 13 by eddiespearitt03

Exeter Line Up :

-----------------------------------------Gerken----------------------------------

-------------------------------Jackson--------------------Morris------------------

Give me your drugs (n/t) on 06:26 - Aug 13 with 3641 viewsunstableblue

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 01:37 - Aug 13 by eddiespearitt03

Exeter Line Up :

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 07:43 - Aug 13 with 3532 viewsVic

I think PH should play whatever he thinks is his strongest team at the moment. For me that would include playing Dozzell for some of the game.

We keep saying they need time to gel, get used to each other, etc, and to be honest they need a win before too long for confidence sake. I cannot see any logic in rotation for rotation sake and making the team weaker. So it only seems logical to give maximum opportunity for them to have maximum game time together.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So selection thoughts ahead of Exeter? on 08:03 - Aug 13 with 3512 viewsIpswichKnight

No chance youths will get a game when they are available for loan, some might not even be at the club on Tuesday!

Considering how little game time our team has had together I can't see that we will make many changes if any from the team that started against Rotherham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024