Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since Saturday..... 09:34 - Aug 13 with 5636 viewsHerbivore

.....on here it's felt like the news commenters have collectively realised that TWTD has a forum. What is going on? I've never seen so much bed wetting and so much half-baked nonsense following a 1-0 defeat (that was somewhat undeserved) in a new manager's second game in charge. It's utter madness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Since Saturday..... on 09:41 - Aug 13 with 3248 viewsOsborneOneNil

Totally agree.
Since Saturday..... on 09:41 - Aug 13 with 3251 viewsBobbychase

The mob has been fed. It wants more. Was always going to be a potential issue.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Since Saturday..... on 09:42 - Aug 13 with 3244 viewsMattinLondon

With some people who are predominately forum posters there seems to be an obsession with what people post on the news section. Grow-up it’s the same site with no real difference between the two sections.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 9:44]
Since Saturday..... on 09:44 - Aug 13 with 3222 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

Thinking of taking a time out from the forum, as its turned into a panic fest.

The bed wetters have become more vociferous after 1 loss.

Its sad really.

People calling for a 'new owner' again as a solution. WTF.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Since Saturday..... on 09:48 - Aug 13 with 3193 viewsDarth_Koont

Since Saturday..... on 09:41 - Aug 13 by Bobbychase

The mob has been fed. It wants more. Was always going to be a potential issue.

Well, the mob — or at least a large part of it — seems to have gone utterly insane in the process.

Pronouns: He/Him

Since Saturday..... on 09:48 - Aug 13 with 3190 viewsMullet

Twitter seems far worse, but then I seem to have missed a whole load of stuff on here whilst getting back from the game and not looking until 3hrs after kick off.

There seems a lot more of "Mick this... Mick that...." creeping up on any questions or criticisms, and a few already talking zealously about Hurst doing no wrong etc. More than I'd have expected even if we'd have lost both games.

I'm not sure you can dress up how poor Saturday's result was, whereas it was more the performance that was way off against Blackburn. However, I suppose maybe so many people brought into the fact it was McCarthy's fault alone that things had to improve with someone else. Now they haven't, we're seeing that same mentality playing out already?

You'd have thought such certainty would relieve these fears given we had over 60% possession and 16 shots or whatever. That was after all the metrics of the coveted playing "style" wasn't it?

I'd rather Hurst get it wrong now, if it means getting it right in the long term. There are a lot of people now at the club stepping up to meet the level of Bart, Chambers, Skuse et al. and he is of course one of them in a different capacity. It's a lot to process.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Since Saturday..... on 09:50 - Aug 13 with 3178 viewshomer_123

Mick was right, numbskulls with a sense of entitlement now that they have a percevied taste blood (as they think they ousted Mick).

It's a concern.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Since Saturday..... on 09:50 - Aug 13 with 3173 viewsSteve_M

Football fans in over-reacting to individual results shock.

On the other hand, there are a lot of fans who are so determined that everything is fine that rational debate is a bit difficult at present.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Since Saturday..... on 09:52 - Aug 13 with 3154 viewshomer_123

Since Saturday..... on 09:50 - Aug 13 by Steve_M

On the other hand, there are a lot of fans who are so determined that everything is fine that rational debate is a bit difficult at present.

It's true that there is nothing new in that fact that football fans overreact but I do sense that we have a shift change of mentality from a large proportion of fans.

The art of debate, disagreement and discussion is being lost but that also applies to the world in general.

Since Saturday..... on 09:55 - Aug 13 with 3118 viewsBobbychase

Since Saturday..... on 09:48 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Well, the mob — or at least a large part of it — seems to have gone utterly insane in the process.

i was a bit alarmed when, even when people were told Mick was leaving at the end of the season, they still pushed for him to go earlier. Suggested there was an element of the support that wasn't happy getting its way, it wanted its way on its own terms.

There was always the danger that those same people would have their knives sharpened for the new man at the first sign of trouble.

Since Saturday..... on 09:56 - Aug 13 with 3114 viewsHerbivore

Since Saturday..... on 09:50 - Aug 13 by Steve_M

I think rational debate is perfectly possible, and there has been some of that in amongst the flouncing.

Since Saturday..... on 09:58 - Aug 13 with 3083 viewshomer_123

Since Saturday..... on 09:44 - Aug 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

Thinking of taking a time out from the forum, as its turned into a panic fest.

The bed wetters have become more vociferous after 1 loss.

Its sad really.

People calling for a 'new owner' again as a solution. WTF.

I have to say, I was very strong and vocal before the appointment of Hurst that Evans is an issue.

With the appointment of Hurst, my views of Evans haven't changed and I'm happy to discuss and debate this but, this thinking doesn't preclude me from giving Hurst the time and patience needed to try and develop his approach, team, ethos, style etc.

Madness isn't. In some respects, the passion is great, if somewhat misguided from so many fans.

Since Saturday..... on 10:01 - Aug 13 with 3046 viewsBobbychase

Since Saturday..... on 09:58 - Aug 13 by homer_123

I have to say, I was very strong and vocal before the appointment of Hurst that Evans is an issue.

With the appointment of Hurst, my views of Evans haven't changed and I'm happy to discuss and debate this but, this thinking doesn't preclude me from giving Hurst the time and patience needed to try and develop his approach, team, ethos, style etc.

Madness isn't. In some respects, the passion is great, if somewhat misguided from so many fans.

Spot on, Evans was the issue more than MIck. But this transfer window felt different, we were landing our targets and players were handing in transfer requests to move to us rather than us missing out like we often seemed to do.

Off to Exeter tomorrow, really hope for Hurst's sake that we win, he deserves one.

Since Saturday..... on 10:02 - Aug 13 with 3042 viewsernie

Since Saturday..... on 09:42 - Aug 13 by MattinLondon

With some people who are predominately forum posters there seems to be an obsession with what people post on the news section. Grow-up it’s the same site with no real difference between the two sections.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 9:44]

You can't say that...didn't you know the forum posters are special and only their opinions are valid ones and everyone else is just a 'news' section poster
Since Saturday..... on 10:03 - Aug 13 with 3040 viewsMullet

Since Saturday..... on 09:55 - Aug 13 by Bobbychase

i was a bit alarmed when, even when people were told Mick was leaving at the end of the season, they still pushed for him to go earlier. Suggested there was an element of the support that wasn't happy getting its way, it wanted its way on its own terms.

There was always the danger that those same people would have their knives sharpened for the new man at the first sign of trouble.

Although they are supposedly the minority, so it's probably fairer to say others got caught up in their antics. You had people at Forest right after he'd gone still chanting about McCarthy and I daresay will come back to that every time Hurst struggles etc. It'll just be a question of how many and how loud.

What will really show if there's a change in mentality is how these new lower league players are treated and supported in relation to results and performances. Judging by the comments during the games and after, Donacien is already getting noticed as it were, if we fail to score goals I can see Harrison joining him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Since Saturday..... on 10:05 - Aug 13 with 3017 viewsDarth_Koont

Since Saturday..... on 09:55 - Aug 13 by Bobbychase

True. A lot of people got very stupid after that. A minority, I'm sure, but still loud enough to announce their stupidity at games and all across the Internet.

Pronouns: He/Him

Since Saturday..... on 10:11 - Aug 13 with 2970 viewsMattinLondon

Since Saturday..... on 10:02 - Aug 13 by ernie

You can't say that...didn't you know the forum posters are special and only their opinions are valid ones and everyone else is just a 'news' section poster

I apologise - I hope you can forgive me.
Since Saturday..... on 10:14 - Aug 13 with 2938 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Since Saturday..... on 09:58 - Aug 13 by homer_123

I have no problem with Evans.

He runs the club as its always been run... within its means. In our promotion season our net spend was minus £2.3m.

I guess the only time we've spent big was under Evans, and that didn't end well. That probably makes him nervous about trying that again (with even higher stakes).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Since Saturday..... on 10:15 - Aug 13 with 2942 viewstextbackup

25mins into the first game it was fully confirmed in my head that our fans are thick as sht, and in all honesty, fcking useless at supporting the team.

1-1 and 2-1 to Blackburn you could tell some had absolutely no fight in them to support them team. We might join in with a Barry chuckle chant, applaud billy sharpe etc but when it comes to roaring our team on we just don’t have the ability to do it.

(Nothing wrong with showing respect to those I mention btw)
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 10:18]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Since Saturday..... on 10:15 - Aug 13 with 2935 viewsSomethingBlue

Sadly the sh7thouse society we now live in is unlikely to change any time soon.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Since Saturday..... on 10:23 - Aug 13 with 2886 viewshomer_123

Since Saturday..... on 10:14 - Aug 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

I have no problem with Evans.

He runs the club as its always been run... within its means. In our promotion season our net spend was minus £2.3m.

I guess the only time we've spent big was under Evans, and that didn't end well. That probably makes him nervous about trying that again (with even higher stakes).

And this is my point Marsh - I'm happy to debate this with you, as you seem happy to do as well.

Also, my view on Evans doesn't taint my ability to give Hurst time.

Others don't seem able to either have that debate or their view of Evans shrouds their ability to think about what Hurst is trying to achieve.

Since Saturday..... on 10:32 - Aug 13 with 2836 viewsbritbiker

I don't have a problem with fans having their opinions but the current situation is becoming tedious. Every sane fan knows it will take months for the manager to work out which players have the right attitude and skills. Just been listening to Talk Sport and there are Arsenal fans on complaining that nothing has changed since Wenger left. For christ sake they were playing the best team in the Country and its the first competitive game the new boss has seen his players in.

Whilst some are probably just Norwich fans coming onto our site there does also appear to be a section of our own fans who enjoy the power the internet gives them and also enjoy a wind up. There are so many comments from fans who clearly havnt been to the game and but still make comments without having seen the whole 90 minutes.

Unfortunately ten flaky fans on a forum can make it feel like the whole fan base is in agreement.
Since Saturday..... on 10:34 - Aug 13 with 2823 viewsfabian_illness

School holidays is the answer.
That’s why we have such dramatic OMG posts, too much American TV.
Saying everything is crap.... on 10:40 - Aug 13 with 2788 viewsBloots

....is as crap as saying nothing is crap.

Being able to debate the current evolving situation is important. It's as pointless sticking your head in the sand as it is giving up on the new project.

I expect those panicking now are largely the same ones that spaffed themselves over MM last season.

We just need to get a few wins on the board.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Saying everything is crap.... on 11:12 - Aug 13 with 2679 viewsHerbivore

Saying everything is crap.... on 10:40 - Aug 13 by Bloots

....is as crap as saying nothing is crap.

Being able to debate the current evolving situation is important. It's as pointless sticking your head in the sand as it is giving up on the new project.

I expect those panicking now are largely the same ones that spaffed themselves over MM last season.

We just need to get a few wins on the board.

Agreed. The world seems to be polarised into extremes now and lots of people are already becoming ridiculously critical and skeptical whilst a few others don't want to acknowledge any issues. There is a huge middle ground there. Whilst I'm staggered by some of the negativity on here, I too feel it was a poor result on Saturday despite the mitigating circumstances and I do have some nagging worries about the scale of change and how long it could take for everything to bed in. But I am also excited to see what the coming months bring as the new ideas become more embedded.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024