Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see The Maximum Leader 13:26 - Aug 13 with 46133 viewschicoazul

is refusing to apologise for something else this week.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-quit-labour-sajid-j

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:09 - Aug 13 with 1610 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:00 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

I agree it's interesting that there is still support from the Jewish community, although with the recent newspaper articles and continual examples I wonder if that is diminishing?

I'm not sure he is an antisemite but the shear number of bad decisions is worrying either way. He does seem to have a blind-spot on the issue.

As you say, something will give one way or the other soon.

SB
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 17:04]

You think it's "interesting"!??

It's a bit more than that. It's pretty central to what's actually going on.

Pronouns: He/Him

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:11 - Aug 13 with 1598 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:46 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

i think the 'he's worked all his life for peace' is the biggest lie in this whole depressing corbyn saga.

what he has done for 30 years is support every cause which has been opposed to the west. that often involved supporting / excusing / consorting with thugs, dictators or terrorists. to then claim that he was connected to those people because he was trying to get them to compromise or disarm, or reform or denounce violence is a lie on an industrial scale. he was connected to those people purely because he took their side against the west.

it's usually people who hadn't heard of corbyn before 2015 who claim that he was a peace campaigner.

We get it, you don't like Corbyn. But it is you who is lying (or you've convinced yourself it's the truth).

The stuff I linked above has been on Wikipedia for years. They are very hot on lies and it would've been removed by now if so.

You, like Glassers, only talk in smears not policies.

Anything you can do to get rid of him and get back the Labour you want is fair game.

You realise if it works... this bullcrap eventually gets rid of him... the Tories will just start digging on the next guy. And the same thing happens all over again.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:12 - Aug 13 with 1580 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:05 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

DK always likes to tell people he thinks what they are saying is beneath them, avatar of all our consciences as he is.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:15 - Aug 13 with 1585 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:05 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

DK always likes to tell people he thinks what they are saying is beneath them, avatar of all our consciences as he is.

Nah. Only people I otherwise respect. I think Steve got it wrong here. Both the supposed facts and the level.

For balance, nothing is beneath you.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:15 - Aug 13 with 1585 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:56 - Aug 13 by mrshallisfit

Love how so many of our more right leaning posters focus on the really important central issues of politics today. I mean it's not as if the internal politics of the governing party in the past 3 years has driven us to political and economic chaos relating to our status in Europe. It's not as if the further right of that party wants us to align to the worst elements of US Wild West capitalism and preys on nasty low-level bigotry in parts of the electorate.

Yeah but forget all that... a man stood near a grave.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:19 - Aug 13 with 1572 viewsmrshallisfit

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:15 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah but forget all that... a man stood near a grave.

Absolutely.
I see The Maximum Leader on 17:19 - Aug 13 with 1572 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:58 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

You were asked a direct question in which three causes he supported were listed. I assumed your answer was about those, you talked about supporting the little guy, if it wasn't and you totally ignored the three examples, why was that?

The Falklands saw British citizens invaded, it was of course right to reverse that, the Argentinians weren't going to leave because we said please, they had too much to lose although it is of course a shame it had to result in a war.

SB

You're right of course... but do you ever wonder why we 'own' a group of islands 8000 miles away?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:21 - Aug 13 with 1564 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:11 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

We get it, you don't like Corbyn. But it is you who is lying (or you've convinced yourself it's the truth).

The stuff I linked above has been on Wikipedia for years. They are very hot on lies and it would've been removed by now if so.

Anything you can do to get rid of him and get back the Labour you want is fair game.

You realise if it works... this bullcrap eventually gets rid of him... the Tories will just start digging on the next guy. And the same thing happens all over again.

Lowhouse is a waste of space politically. Utterly failing to see how his New Labour gave up any semblance of a point when it blindly embraced the market and the middle class. Just like the LibDems they put power over principles. The only thing he's got left is his Corbyn obsession.

I have more respect for the Conservatives (well, the normal ones anyway).

Login to get fewer ads

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:22 - Aug 13 with 1560 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:00 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

I agree it's interesting that there is still support from the Jewish community, although with the recent newspaper articles and continual examples I wonder if that is diminishing?

I'm not sure he is an antisemite but the shear number of bad decisions is worrying either way. He does seem to have a blind-spot on the issue.

As you say, something will give one way or the other soon.

SB
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 17:04]

I agree with you, he doesn't help himself at times.

A shame, for me, that so decent a man should be so naive a politician when it's so easy to twist the slightest thing to make it look bad, which of course is meat and drink to the Tories.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:24 - Aug 13 with 1557 viewsgiant_stow

Love how so many of our more right leaning posters focus on the really important central issues of politics today. I mean it's not as if the internal politics of the governing party in the past 3 years has driven us to political and economic chaos relating to our status in Europe. It's not as if the further right of that party wants us to align to the worst elements of US Wild West capitalism and preys on nasty low-level bigotry in parts of the electorate.

You're right, it is a huge shame labour isn't in a stronger position to say something about the major issues of the day. What a mess - they're too busy dealing with low level bigotry in parts of its electorate.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:25 - Aug 13 with 1550 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:03 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Might be because I was actually focusing on the thread.

Bring the Falklands into a general discussion of his pacifism but it's perfectly acceptable to have a different view of it and the overall legitimacy of an armed conflict. Personally, I see the reason to defend the Falklanders but was never that happy with the glee with which that war was pursued and some of the decisions that were taken. Then again, I took an early dislike to Maggie.

Maggie totally used the Falklands to show how strong she was and gain support on the back of patriotism.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:27 - Aug 13 with 1540 viewschicoazul

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:11 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Imagine trying to shut down people with different views from yours.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:27 - Aug 13 with 1539 viewsgiant_stow

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:21 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Lowhouse is a waste of space politically. Utterly failing to see how his New Labour gave up any semblance of a point when it blindly embraced the market and the middle class. Just like the LibDems they put power over principles. The only thing he's got left is his Corbyn obsession.

Lowhouse can defend himself but at least he can point to all New Labour's achievements in helping poorer people while in power.

Jez...? Well.... hmm.... no it's alright, he's probably not an antisemite. maybe.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:28 - Aug 13 with 1538 viewschicoazul

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:15 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Nah. Only people I otherwise respect. I think Steve got it wrong here. Both the supposed facts and the level.

For balance, nothing is beneath you.

As long as we have you around to tell us what we're doing wrong and why there'll be hope even for me eh?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:30 - Aug 13 with 1530 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:27 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

Imagine trying to shut down people with different views from yours.

Again, where have I tried to shut anyone down?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:31 - Aug 13 with 1527 viewschicoazul

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:21 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Yeah NL really sucked, let everyone down, and all the people who voted for them gave up any semblance of a point didnt they.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:31 - Aug 13 with 1527 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:27 - Aug 13 by giant_stow

Lowhouse can defend himself but at least he can point to all New Labour's achievements in helping poorer people while in power.

Jez...? Well.... hmm.... no it's alright, he's probably not an antisemite. maybe.

Corbyn's obviously not an antisemite. Even Glassers has admitted that.

on 17:33 - Aug 13 with 1512 views_

I see The Maximum Leader on 13:32 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

WARNING- GRAPHIC IMAGES AND DESCRIPTION IN LINK by GlasgowBlue 13 Aug 2018 8:05
Perhaps I’m being a little harsh on JC. He was obviously on a Thompson’s package holiday to Tunisia the way you do. He pops out early one morning for a stroll, hoping to pick up a day old copy of the Morning Star and walked past the local cemetery. A few random guys appear & ask him to honour some graves, and what can he politely do but agree? How’s he supposed to know it’s the Munich terrorists who are buried here?

Same thing happened a few years earlier when him, ken Livingstone and John McDonnell went on a stag weekend to Dublin. He leaves the other two in their B&B to sleep off their hangovers and wanders in to what he thinks is a village fun day. A couple of nice fellas wearing black balaclavas, berets and combat jackets ask him to join in a minutes silence for what he assumed was the recently departed chairman of the Rotary Club. How was he supposed to know he was honouring five IRA terrorists recently shot dead by the security services whilst they were attempting to blow up a Police station?

Poor old JC really must be the unluckiest anti racist peace campaigner.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:33 - Aug 13 with 1513 viewschicoazul

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:30 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Again, where have I tried to shut anyone down?

Oh, was that your way of encouraging debate?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:37 - Aug 13 with 1495 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:33 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

Oh, was that your way of encouraging debate?

I've offered a different view. I haven't told anyone to be silent.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:39 - Aug 13 with 1483 viewsmrshallisfit

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:24 - Aug 13 by giant_stow

You're right, it is a huge shame labour isn't in a stronger position to say something about the major issues of the day. What a mess - they're too busy dealing with low level bigotry in parts of its electorate.

Absolutely. It wouldn't take that much to topple the current unprincipled shower of sh@t from office.
I see The Maximum Leader on 17:41 - Aug 13 with 1477 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:31 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

Yeah NL really sucked, let everyone down, and all the people who voted for them gave up any semblance of a point didnt they.

Like almost all governments in recent times they surfed global growth. But instead of being pro-active and addressing needs they buttressed the tricke-down economics myth of their predecessors when they should have been challenging it and actually reinvesting the fruits of that growth.

For me, they were accomplices to the Tories in doing naff all to support disenfranchised and disadvantaged people, regions, services and industries. I put the blame just as much at their door for the current political void and the divisions that have been created and/or reinforced.

Apart from that they were triffic.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:42 - Aug 13 with 1472 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:28 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

As long as we have you around to tell us what we're doing wrong and why there'll be hope even for me eh?

Are you on drugs?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:43 - Aug 13 with 1468 viewshype313

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:22 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

I agree with you, he doesn't help himself at times.

A shame, for me, that so decent a man should be so naive a politician when it's so easy to twist the slightest thing to make it look bad, which of course is meat and drink to the Tories.

I genuinely don't think he thought he would get the gig of leader, nor wanted it.

What's surprising from the Blue press is this constant highlighting of his deficiencies as I would have thought they would want to keep him in the role.

Give Labour a leader with a less chequered past and they would annihilate the Tories.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:43 - Aug 13 with 1465 viewslowhouseblue

all of that is happening and we have no opposition. in many ways that is the central issue of politics today.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024