Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see The Maximum Leader 13:26 - Aug 13 with 46129 viewschicoazul

is refusing to apologise for something else this week.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-quit-labour-sajid-j

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:44 - Aug 13 with 1691 viewsimsureazzure

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:11 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

We get it, you don't like Corbyn. But it is you who is lying (or you've convinced yourself it's the truth).

The stuff I linked above has been on Wikipedia for years. They are very hot on lies and it would've been removed by now if so.

You, like Glassers, only talk in smears not policies.

Anything you can do to get rid of him and get back the Labour you want is fair game.

You realise if it works... this bullcrap eventually gets rid of him... the Tories will just start digging on the next guy. And the same thing happens all over again.

Have you any idea of the damage the blind allegiance JC supporters are doing to the labour party and more importantly the country?

He will never be elected PM, labour should be wiping the floor with the sh1t show that is the current government, he and his inability to distance himself from his past fetish in supporting violent extremists is the reason they are not.
I see The Maximum Leader on 17:45 - Aug 13 with 1671 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:57 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

I said 'worked for" peace. Dialogue. It might not always be successful, or not immediately.

I said I wouldn't do this, but here you go;

Corbyn does not consider himself an absolute pacifist.. However, opposing violence and war has been "the whole purpose of his life".[266] He prominently opposed the invasion of Iraq and war in Afghanistan, NATO-led military intervention in Libya,[267] military strikes against Assad's Syria, and military action against ISIS, and served as the chair of the Stop The War Coalition.[268] He has called for Tony Blair to be investigated for alleged war crimes during the Iraq War.[269]

In 2013, Corbyn was awarded the Gandhi International Peace Award for his "consistent efforts over a 30-year parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence."[368][369] In the same year, he was honoured by the Grassroot Diplomat Initiative for his "ongoing support for a number of non-government organisations and civil causes".

In December 2017 he was one of three recipients awarded the Seán MacBride Peace Prize "for his sustained and powerful political work for disarmament and peace".[373]

you think stop the war worked for peace.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:48 - Aug 13 with 1678 viewsimsureazzure

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:21 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Lowhouse is a waste of space politically. Utterly failing to see how his New Labour gave up any semblance of a point when it blindly embraced the market and the middle class. Just like the LibDems they put power over principles. The only thing he's got left is his Corbyn obsession.

I have more respect for the Conservatives (well, the normal ones anyway).

New labour had heavy weight politicians who understood reality, unlike these extremists who would sacrifice the country to gain power.
I see The Maximum Leader on 17:49 - Aug 13 with 1678 viewschicoazul

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:42 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Are you on drugs?

Oh hohoho what a funny retort. Just like the other day when people were laughing at Brazil for being a drunk or whatever in relation to what he said about our transfer policy. It's always the same with you people isn't it? You're a troll Chico are you on drugs Chico, let's have a laugh at your possible personal shortcomings or problems rather than talk properly on your wildly popular threads Chico.

Welcome to my block list.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:50 - Aug 13 with 1670 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:44 - Aug 13 by imsureazzure

Have you any idea of the damage the blind allegiance JC supporters are doing to the labour party and more importantly the country?

He will never be elected PM, labour should be wiping the floor with the sh1t show that is the current government, he and his inability to distance himself from his past fetish in supporting violent extremists is the reason they are not.

Looks very much to me that the damage was done already years ago when Scotland kicked Labour into touch and the rest of the country decided they weren't that interested any more. The current problem is the old New Labour bods who just can't take the hint from the electorate that they weren't offering a believable alternative.

As a party supposedly able to provide the sort of left balance that is needed in a modern, civilised society they were utterly shyte and no return to the pointlessness of the centre will do anything to help the country. Just serves their futile party political game.

Pronouns: He/Him

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:52 - Aug 13 with 1664 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:49 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

Oh hohoho what a funny retort. Just like the other day when people were laughing at Brazil for being a drunk or whatever in relation to what he said about our transfer policy. It's always the same with you people isn't it? You're a troll Chico are you on drugs Chico, let's have a laugh at your possible personal shortcomings or problems rather than talk properly on your wildly popular threads Chico.

Finally.

Oh no. You're still trolling, aren't you?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:53 - Aug 13 with 1659 viewsBlueBadger

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:15 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah but forget all that... a man stood near a grave.

I think the point to take from this is that Labour really, really should be BETTER than the Tories rather than fall into the same trap of hanging out with various dodgy types.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:53 - Aug 13 with 1644 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:11 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

We get it, you don't like Corbyn. But it is you who is lying (or you've convinced yourself it's the truth).

The stuff I linked above has been on Wikipedia for years. They are very hot on lies and it would've been removed by now if so.

You, like Glassers, only talk in smears not policies.

Anything you can do to get rid of him and get back the Labour you want is fair game.

You realise if it works... this bullcrap eventually gets rid of him... the Tories will just start digging on the next guy. And the same thing happens all over again.

the wikipedia stuff is superficial unquestioning nonsense i'm afraid. being involved with organisations like stop the war isn't campaigning for peace. stop the war was a hard left coalition whose objective was solely to oppose the west - its objectives were the politics of the left not peace.

he has a long history of supporting groups aligned with violence or oppression. that support is easy to find. but what you won't find is examples of him challenging those groups or calling on them to disarm, or to renounce violence or compromise. it was always support that he offered not challenge.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:54 - Aug 13 with 1655 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:43 - Aug 13 by hype313

I genuinely don't think he thought he would get the gig of leader, nor wanted it.

What's surprising from the Blue press is this constant highlighting of his deficiencies as I would have thought they would want to keep him in the role.

Give Labour a leader with a less chequered past and they would annihilate the Tories.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but whoever it was I'm sure they'd still find stuff. Look at the stuff they've got on Corbyn... from having a wonky tie to being a spy.

You couldn't make it up (unless you're a Tory, obvs).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:57 - Aug 13 with 1633 viewslowhouseblue

Lowhouse is a waste of space politically. Utterly failing to see how his New Labour gave up any semblance of a point when it blindly embraced the market and the middle class. Just like the LibDems they put power over principles. The only thing he's got left is his Corbyn obsession.

i'm very happy to embrace both the market and the middle class, thanks. there is no aspect of the life you take for granted that would exist without the market, and there is no government in the uk which will ever be democratically elected without the support of the middle class.

give me new labour any day over the empty, sterile, morally superior pointlessness that you post.you seem perfectly content to have a tory government that is unchallenged and a zombie opposition. it's all just words to you.

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:05 - Aug 13 with 1631 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:45 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

you think stop the war worked for peace.

I just copied and pasted several paragraphs from Wiki. Interesting you only pluck out one line from it.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:06 - Aug 13 with 1626 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:57 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

i'm very happy to embrace both the market and the middle class, thanks. there is no aspect of the life you take for granted that would exist without the market, and there is no government in the uk which will ever be democratically elected without the support of the middle class.

give me new labour any day over the empty, sterile, morally superior pointlessness that you post.you seem perfectly content to have a tory government that is unchallenged and a zombie opposition. it's all just words to you.

Oh the irony. No, I want change. You just want more of the same as long as it's waving a Red flag.

If the Labour party had pulled its finger out they could have got a better candidate than Corbyn or at least balanced the shadow cabinet to get your precious power and actually achieve something. But while you say and do nothing new you're an annoying irrelevance.

Unlike you and New Labour I'm not a recent convert to the value of capitalism as the engine of society. I'd just like to see a social democratic steering wheel added to make sure more of the value gets put back into society for everybody's good. Yeah, that'll never win votes.

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:08 - Aug 13 with 1621 viewsBrixtonBlue

Feel free to ignore this, but have you had a problem with drugs in the past? It would certainly make your anti-drugs rants more understandable (not a dig BTW).

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:13 - Aug 13 with 1596 viewsvapour_trail

You are a troll. Or at least you are now anyway.

Shame really.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:13 - Aug 13 with 1596 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:53 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

the wikipedia stuff is superficial unquestioning nonsense i'm afraid. being involved with organisations like stop the war isn't campaigning for peace. stop the war was a hard left coalition whose objective was solely to oppose the west - its objectives were the politics of the left not peace.

he has a long history of supporting groups aligned with violence or oppression. that support is easy to find. but what you won't find is examples of him challenging those groups or calling on them to disarm, or to renounce violence or compromise. it was always support that he offered not challenge.

Again you focus on Stop The War and ignore everything else in my post, or sweep the whole lot under the carpet as "superficial".

And again, personality not policy.

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:15 - Aug 13 with 1576 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:06 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Oh the irony. No, I want change. You just want more of the same as long as it's waving a Red flag.

If the Labour party had pulled its finger out they could have got a better candidate than Corbyn or at least balanced the shadow cabinet to get your precious power and actually achieve something. But while you say and do nothing new you're an annoying irrelevance.

Unlike you and New Labour I'm not a recent convert to the value of capitalism as the engine of society. I'd just like to see a social democratic steering wheel added to make sure more of the value gets put back into society for everybody's good. Yeah, that'll never win votes.

your final paragraph pretty much describes labour - new or old. the 'social democratic steering wheel' is a much closer description of blair or brown than it is of corbyn.

if you accept that there is a need to win votes then you must be bright enough to see now that corbyn won't do that.

so how do you build a broad enough coalition of voters to elect a labour government - that coalition necessarily including a good proportion of the middle classes your affectations appear to despise?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 18:21]

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:20 - Aug 13 with 1552 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:13 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Again you focus on Stop The War and ignore everything else in my post, or sweep the whole lot under the carpet as "superficial".

And again, personality not policy.

the only organisation which corbyn has led or been involved with mentioned in your wiki cut and paste was stop the war.

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:22 - Aug 13 with 1556 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:15 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

your final paragraph pretty much describes labour - new or old. the 'social democratic steering wheel' is a much closer description of blair or brown than it is of corbyn.

if you accept that there is a need to win votes then you must be bright enough to see now that corbyn won't do that.

so how do you build a broad enough coalition of voters to elect a labour government - that coalition necessarily including a good proportion of the middle classes your affectations appear to despise?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 18:21]

Well, he did win more votes compared to Milliband. So if you'd been smarter and seen the way the wind was blowing with the electorate (not to mention addressing the fall off in poorer towns and regions where Labour hadn't addressed the underlying issues in power or in opposition) then you could have got ahead of that.

You just weren't listening. Not to mention the PLP was by now stuffed with career politicians who didn't have any real social democratic convictions.

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:40 - Aug 13 with 1520 viewsimsureazzure

Define 'middle class' please.
I see The Maximum Leader on 18:40 - Aug 13 with 1514 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:27 - Aug 13 by giant_stow

Lowhouse can defend himself but at least he can point to all New Labour's achievements in helping poorer people while in power.

Jez...? Well.... hmm.... no it's alright, he's probably not an antisemite. maybe.

What would your top 3 be?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:42 - Aug 13 with 1512 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:22 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Well, he did win more votes compared to Milliband. So if you'd been smarter and seen the way the wind was blowing with the electorate (not to mention addressing the fall off in poorer towns and regions where Labour hadn't addressed the underlying issues in power or in opposition) then you could have got ahead of that.

You just weren't listening. Not to mention the PLP was by now stuffed with career politicians who didn't have any real social democratic convictions.

those poorer towns and regions are exactly where corbyn and co play worst. no one is suggesting that the answer is blair mark 2 - responding to those in left out communities has to be central particularly post brexit. a different steering wheel is needed from 20 years ago. but you need to do that and carry the trust of a large part of the middle class. corbyn and the hard left is not the answer. with this government labour should have a 20 point lead.

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:47 - Aug 13 with 1504 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

on 17:33 - Aug 13 by _

If you ignore that he was there at a conference to try and unify the Palestinian wings to make peace more likely....! Wit requires there to be a semblance of truth.

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:51 - Aug 13 with 1500 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:44 - Aug 13 by imsureazzure

"........ his past fetish in supporting violent extremists is the reason they are not."

....it must be so gratifying for some to see that the barrage of bullsh1t is working!

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:53 - Aug 13 with 1500 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:40 - Aug 13 by imsureazzure

Define 'middle class' please.

The old job titles don't really apply any more so it's much more socio-economic nowadays IMO.

For me, middle class is owning your own property and having disposable income on top to spend and save. So in other words a decent/good level of comfort and security.

I'd also suggest that access to opportunity is another characteristic but difficult to quantify.

What's your definition?

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:56 - Aug 13 with 1487 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:57 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

You still haven't notice the middle class is dying!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024