Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see The Maximum Leader 13:26 - Aug 13 with 46237 viewschicoazul

is refusing to apologise for something else this week.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-quit-labour-sajid-j

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see The Maximum Leader on 19:07 - Aug 13 with 2625 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 18:42 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

those poorer towns and regions are exactly where corbyn and co play worst. no one is suggesting that the answer is blair mark 2 - responding to those in left out communities has to be central particularly post brexit. a different steering wheel is needed from 20 years ago. but you need to do that and carry the trust of a large part of the middle class. corbyn and the hard left is not the answer. with this government labour should have a 20 point lead.

So who and what do you suggest? FWIW I don't think the hard-left are actually that hard or numerous in reality. It's more a feature of your own internal polarising battle and a response to where the right of the party has gone.

You can carry the trust of the middle class if you appeal to their brains and hearts and not just to their wallets. If the right thing to do is raise taxes to support our shared services and the poor then say it and do it. This is where votes get in the way of actually standing up for what is right and LEADING the country. Defaulting to the whims of voters in key marginals just leads towards the sort of populistic nonsense we've seen in recent years and long-term damage in years to come.

Pronouns: He/Him

I see The Maximum Leader on 19:08 - Aug 13 with 2621 viewsjjblue84

As soon as you apologise you are doomed. Never give in to the mob!!
I see The Maximum Leader on 19:08 - Aug 13 with 2620 viewsJETPower

I see The Maximum Leader on 14:47 - Aug 13 by chicoazul

FWIW I don't think Corbyn is an anti semite or racist or indeed an rsehole in any personal way. What he is is, simply, stupid. Truly, deeply stupid. He's a nice man and really does believe in egalitarianism and Marx and would love to make the world what he sees as a better place. But he is a stupid man, possessed of a very childish naivete and a clumsy hamfisted way of dealing with people and the press. He is also the perfect Trojan horse for the very *very* unpleasant Stalinists behind him who mark my words will dethrone him within 2 years when he wins the next election.

I think you give him too much credit
I see The Maximum Leader on 19:22 - Aug 13 with 2552 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 19:07 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

So who and what do you suggest? FWIW I don't think the hard-left are actually that hard or numerous in reality. It's more a feature of your own internal polarising battle and a response to where the right of the party has gone.

You can carry the trust of the middle class if you appeal to their brains and hearts and not just to their wallets. If the right thing to do is raise taxes to support our shared services and the poor then say it and do it. This is where votes get in the way of actually standing up for what is right and LEADING the country. Defaulting to the whims of voters in key marginals just leads towards the sort of populistic nonsense we've seen in recent years and long-term damage in years to come.

it is possible to win an election on a manifesto that includes tax rises (real ones, not taxes that only apply to other people like 'the super rich' or 'corporations'). but you can only do that if you have first established economic credibility, competence and trust. people won't vote for higher taxes if they think you're also going to crash the economy. the middle class can be progressive and can be led to be more so, but they need to believe a party is credible and trustworthy.

oh, and in terms of building a broad coalition, it's best to avoid disparaging the 'whims of voters'. best not to let your contempt for others show.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I see The Maximum Leader on 19:33 - Aug 13 with 2567 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 19:22 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

it is possible to win an election on a manifesto that includes tax rises (real ones, not taxes that only apply to other people like 'the super rich' or 'corporations'). but you can only do that if you have first established economic credibility, competence and trust. people won't vote for higher taxes if they think you're also going to crash the economy. the middle class can be progressive and can be led to be more so, but they need to believe a party is credible and trustworthy.

oh, and in terms of building a broad coalition, it's best to avoid disparaging the 'whims of voters'. best not to let your contempt for others show.

Sorry, but that sounds like a list of excuses to say and do nothing.

We seem to have a complete difference in opinion to what a political party should stand for or should aim for. If it's reason for being is to amass votes as you seem to be suggesting then it's no wonder we're in the current shapeless and clueless mess.

If we're talking about policy as a product and voters as consumers, your only sales approach seems to be constantly dropping the price.

I see The Maximum Leader on 19:51 - Aug 13 with 2510 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:11 - Aug 13 by imsureazzure

What a thoroughly disingenuous statement, his supporters surely must turn, if not look seriously inward.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:01 - Aug 13 with 2499 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'll be honest here. Why on earth is this even being debated and how on earth is he still leader of the Labour party?

Iron Lion Zion

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:04 - Aug 13 with 2511 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:01 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

I'll be honest here. Why on earth is this even being debated and how on earth is he still leader of the Labour party?

Because nobody trusts you and your limp but oft-repeated evidence?

Login to get fewer ads

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:07 - Aug 13 with 2486 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:04 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Because nobody trusts you and your limp but oft-repeated evidence?

If you are happy to continue defending the indefensible then I'll leave you to it.

Iron Lion Zion

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:09 - Aug 13 with 2500 viewsZedRodgers

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:07 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

If you are happy to continue defending the indefensible then I'll leave you to it.

You defend the real indefensibles by putting all your energy into this nonsense.

No, not at the moment

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:12 - Aug 13 with 2497 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:07 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

But of course you won't.

You'd have to push against your confirmation bias and it's just too big and heavy.

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:19 - Aug 13 with 2457 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:19 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

He also wasn’t praying he was just copying the others out of respect

He's a Muslim?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:21 - Aug 13 with 2470 viewsTrequartista

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:07 - Aug 13 by baxterbasics

Argentina
The IRA
Palestinian terrorists

In every case Corbyn backs the wrong horse. He seems to side with anyone against the British State or her allies. As was said earlier, he may always have good intentions, but he's still very wrong.

Iraq War?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:21 - Aug 13 with 2452 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:25 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Maggie totally used the Falklands to show how strong she was and gain support on the back of patriotism.

An alternative view would be she liberated people who were subjugated against their will.

Lets hope the peoples republic of Brixton doesn't need such help in the future.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:25 - Aug 13 with 2442 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 20:19 - Aug 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

He's a Muslim?

Ah I see now. Somebody asked "did you feel a bit of rain"?

Iron Lion Zion

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:08 - Aug 13 with 2412 viewsBluesquid

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:07 - Aug 13 by baxterbasics

Argentina
The IRA
Palestinian terrorists

In every case Corbyn backs the wrong horse. He seems to side with anyone against the British State or her allies. As was said earlier, he may always have good intentions, but he's still very wrong.

Remember 9/11 and 7/7?

The current UK goverment has some interesting friends.

Not only are our allies Saudi and UAE bombing school buses in Yemen but they are also recruiting Al-Qaida fighters there.

All the while the UK goverment approves arms sales, support and assistance.
I see The Maximum Leader on 21:17 - Aug 13 with 2412 viewsZedRodgers

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:08 - Aug 13 by Bluesquid

Remember 9/11 and 7/7?

Not only are our allies Saudi and UAE bombing school buses in Yemen but they are also recruiting Al-Qaida fighters there.

Good luck trying to make that point. Any mention of any UK implicitly in the world’s problems and you’re Gerry ‘ISIS’ Adams

No, not at the moment

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:18 - Aug 13 with 2395 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:08 - Aug 13 by Bluesquid

Remember 9/11 and 7/7?

Pretty easy to say the same about the leader of the opposition and his support for Russia isn't it? He's said on multiple occasions he would do business with Putin and has defended their actions.

It's almost as if people see what they want depending on what they believe in.

SB

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:22 - Aug 13 with 2390 viewsBluesquid

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:18 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

Pretty easy to say the same about the leader of the opposition and his support for Russia isn't it? He's said on multiple occasions he would do business with Putin and has defended their actions.

SB

Russia haven't been recruiting members of Al-Qaida.

The current UK goverment's allies are.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 21:29]
I see The Maximum Leader on 21:26 - Aug 13 with 2388 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:18 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

SB

There's hope for you yet, Stokie!

Can you extend your interest in the Jews and Jewish organisations who recognise and aren't happy about this witchhunt and apply it to the overall situation? For them this is a familiar tactic. Does that give you any pause for thought about the legitimacy of some of these accusations?

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:38 - Aug 13 with 2353 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:26 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

There's hope for you yet, Stokie!

Can you extend your interest in the Jews and Jewish organisations who recognise and aren't happy about this witchhunt and apply it to the overall situation? For them this is a familiar tactic. Does that give you any pause for thought about the legitimacy of some of these accusations?

Not really, I think I made my position fairly clear on the long (and hopefully not boring post on page 1) although that was specifically on JC himself.

I don't or a minute believe their aren't Jewish people on his side, they are in the minority though wouldn't you agree?

The thing is - he could sort this out easily and he seems to not want to.

SB

I see The Maximum Leader on 22:15 - Aug 13 with 2335 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 21:38 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

Not really, I think I made my position fairly clear on the long (and hopefully not boring post on page 1) although that was specifically on JC himself.

I don't or a minute believe their aren't Jewish people on his side, they are in the minority though wouldn't you agree?

The thing is - he could sort this out easily and he seems to not want to.

SB

Yes, there's a minority. But there's a minority of Jews who are vocally against the Israeli government's policies and don't believe it should be supported by Jews in Israel or abroad to the extent it is. They themselves are accused of being antisemites.

Depending on your position on Israel/Palestine, the accusations of antisemite come thick and fast irrespective of whether you're an antisemite or not and indeed even if you're Jewish. That is the battleground we're getting into.

In fact I think Netanyahu's government was recently accused of being antisemitic when it tried to slow down the settler movement. It's frequently a religious fundamentalist and political argument that goes way, way beyond our secular view of discrimination and racial prejudice. That's why the attempt to equate anti-Zionism with antisemitism is so dangerous as it risks actually shutting down criticism of some very extreme and in their own way racist beliefs and actions.

I see The Maximum Leader on 22:22 - Aug 13 with 2308 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 19:33 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Sorry, but that sounds like a list of excuses to say and do nothing.

We seem to have a complete difference in opinion to what a political party should stand for or should aim for. If it's reason for being is to amass votes as you seem to be suggesting then it's no wonder we're in the current shapeless and clueless mess.

If we're talking about policy as a product and voters as consumers, your only sales approach seems to be constantly dropping the price.

and your refusal to try and build a coalition bigger than you and the people who agree with everything you think leaves you impotent and uninvolved. but your smugness survives nonetheless.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I see The Maximum Leader on 22:26 - Aug 13 with 2300 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 22:15 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

Yes, there's a minority. But there's a minority of Jews who are vocally against the Israeli government's policies and don't believe it should be supported by Jews in Israel or abroad to the extent it is. They themselves are accused of being antisemites.

Depending on your position on Israel/Palestine, the accusations of antisemite come thick and fast irrespective of whether you're an antisemite or not and indeed even if you're Jewish. That is the battleground we're getting into.

In fact I think Netanyahu's government was recently accused of being antisemitic when it tried to slow down the settler movement. It's frequently a religious fundamentalist and political argument that goes way, way beyond our secular view of discrimination and racial prejudice. That's why the attempt to equate anti-Zionism with antisemitism is so dangerous as it risks actually shutting down criticism of some very extreme and in their own way racist beliefs and actions.

Netanyahu is a total tool - I think most people can agree on that.

SB

I see The Maximum Leader on 22:29 - Aug 13 with 2302 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 22:22 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

and your refusal to try and build a coalition bigger than you and the people who agree with everything you think leaves you impotent and uninvolved. but your smugness survives nonetheless.

Whoa!

The PLP itself tried to push Corbyn out. It's not my "refusal to try and build a coalition bigger than you and the people who agree with everything you think" that's the problem. Labour is eating itself because it wants to be a middle of the road, centrist party. When that's not what the country particularly wants or needs. We need a party that will halt a slide to the right or at the very least provide some genuine balance, opposition and an actual alternative.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024