Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa targeting left-back 16:50 - Aug 13 with 3457 viewsMrTown

Just seen Villa are targeting an unnamed left back on a loan to buy basis. Surely not Knudsen...?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Villa targeting left-back on 23:10 - Aug 13 with 2807 viewswarkthisway

Let’s hope so what an awful player- but following Mings was always going to be tough

bentnkuqi

Villa targeting left-back on 08:10 - Aug 14 with 2483 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think we'd sell him now.

We'd only be able to replace with a loanee and Hurst already wants 3 and can only get 2 in so needing 4 will be too much

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Villa targeting left-back on 08:13 - Aug 14 with 2462 viewspennblue

Villa targeting left-back on 08:10 - Aug 14 by itfcjoe

I don't think we'd sell him now.

We'd only be able to replace with a loanee and Hurst already wants 3 and can only get 2 in so needing 4 will be too much

I would not be so sure. I think it all depends on how many dollars are flashed in front of Marcus

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Villa targeting left-back on 08:13 - Aug 14 with 2460 viewsHarry_Palmer

Villa targeting left-back on 23:10 - Aug 13 by warkthisway

Let’s hope so what an awful player- but following Mings was always going to be tough

Yes, I too hope we lose a very solid, versatile, international defender that we won't be able to replace. Good shout.

Villa targeting left-back on 08:39 - Aug 14 with 2369 viewsMetal_Hacker

I expect the down arrows ....but I really do not see what others see in Knudsen. Hardly controversial because it seems he splits the camp from reading different threads relating to various topics

As the situation is right now we can hardly afford another defensive player being sold / released but I'm certain if we were in the realms of having a full squad with even a comparable left back and we were offered good money we'd sell for sure

I really do not get the hype around Knudsen . Really not comfortable enough on the ball amongst many other things

I guess the over riding issue is perhaps being blinkered by previous players we've recently had in this position but I still do not rate the guy sorry
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 8:47]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Villa targeting left-back on 08:47 - Aug 14 with 2319 viewsMullet

Villa targeting left-back on 08:39 - Aug 14 by Metal_Hacker

I expect the down arrows ....but I really do not see what others see in Knudsen. Hardly controversial because it seems he splits the camp from reading different threads relating to various topics

As the situation is right now we can hardly afford another defensive player being sold / released but I'm certain if we were in the realms of having a full squad with even a comparable left back and we were offered good money we'd sell for sure

I really do not get the hype around Knudsen . Really not comfortable enough on the ball amongst many other things

I guess the over riding issue is perhaps being blinkered by previous players we've recently had in this position but I still do not rate the guy sorry

Surely if that was true we would have sold him in the window for Kenlock or Edun to come in there?

He's been targeted by Villa, Boro, Stoke etc. because he's a very good left back who keeps getting better. This is the problem when people make up their minds about players too soon and refuse to change them.

Hurst is in real danger of it happening to Donacien and if he doesn't score soon Harrison I fear. You can hear/see it starting this weekend already.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Villa targeting left-back on 08:52 - Aug 14 with 2288 viewsMetal_Hacker

Villa targeting left-back on 08:47 - Aug 14 by Mullet

Surely if that was true we would have sold him in the window for Kenlock or Edun to come in there?

He's been targeted by Villa, Boro, Stoke etc. because he's a very good left back who keeps getting better. This is the problem when people make up their minds about players too soon and refuse to change them.

Hurst is in real danger of it happening to Donacien and if he doesn't score soon Harrison I fear. You can hear/see it starting this weekend already.

My mind was made up quite a while ago if you mean myself

Ref Knudsen and not selling him in the Summer I get the impression PH sat on the fence with his overall opinion and wasn't totally sure about his technical ability I refer to and it's been dragged out.

OK Im more than likely wrong but like everybody else we're all looking for that extra 10% we can get from either our own players or bringing new ones in . I honestly don't think we can get that extra 10% from Knudsen due to his (in my opinion) lack of true quality a lot of people suggest he has in abundance

And ref Edun I made comment yesterday about his skill set and to watch this space . He'd be so wasted playing left back
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 8:54]

Villa targeting left-back on 08:52 - Aug 14 with 2289 viewsKieran_Knows

Further to Metal_Hackers post, controversial as it may seem, the 3 clubs you mention, all have managers of similar ilk to what we had previous, which probably tells you a lot as to why they're interested (Villa, Boro, Stoke).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Villa targeting left-back on 08:53 - Aug 14 with 2275 viewsRamRob

It's not hype, I've not seen anyone say he's the best ever but he's definitely not the worst left back.

He's just solid, not as good as Cresswell or Mings and he seems to get overly scrutinized because of that and his comments when MM left.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Villa targeting left-back on 08:56 - Aug 14 with 2244 viewsMullet

Villa targeting left-back on 08:52 - Aug 14 by Metal_Hacker

My mind was made up quite a while ago if you mean myself

Ref Knudsen and not selling him in the Summer I get the impression PH sat on the fence with his overall opinion and wasn't totally sure about his technical ability I refer to and it's been dragged out.

OK Im more than likely wrong but like everybody else we're all looking for that extra 10% we can get from either our own players or bringing new ones in . I honestly don't think we can get that extra 10% from Knudsen due to his (in my opinion) lack of true quality a lot of people suggest he has in abundance

And ref Edun I made comment yesterday about his skill set and to watch this space . He'd be so wasted playing left back
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 8:54]

If as you suggested we had someone (Kenlock etc) as good though surely we'd have sold if Jonas isn't any good? Not start him immediately when he comes back having had far less time to impress Hurst?

What I mean is, Knudsen was written off almost immediately by far too many, and they refuse to change that assessment despite a couple of seasons of football where he has got markedly better. I've even see people dismiss his WC call up but not Bart's which is fairly good mental agility.

Villa targeting left-back on 08:57 - Aug 14 with 2239 viewsMullet

Villa targeting left-back on 08:52 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

Further to Metal_Hackers post, controversial as it may seem, the 3 clubs you mention, all have managers of similar ilk to what we had previous, which probably tells you a lot as to why they're interested (Villa, Boro, Stoke).

Fairly good ones, with prior success at promotion? True.

Villa targeting left-back on 08:57 - Aug 14 with 2239 viewsMetal_Hacker

Villa targeting left-back on 08:53 - Aug 14 by RamRob

It's not hype, I've not seen anyone say he's the best ever but he's definitely not the worst left back.

He's just solid, not as good as Cresswell or Mings and he seems to get overly scrutinized because of that and his comments when MM left.

To be fair I think a lot of people have moved on since MM and his comments regarding MM's departure hadn't even entered my mind .

I simply want the best possible team out there within the budget we're dealt with and I feel we can do better than Knudsen. Its all about opinion and I'm not for one minute suggesting you or anyone is wrong , it's opinion

Back of the net. (n/t) on 09:00 - Aug 14 with 2209 viewsBloots

Villa targeting left-back on 08:57 - Aug 14 by Mullet

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Back of the net. (n/t) on 09:03 - Aug 14 with 2186 viewsKieran_Knows

Back of the net. (n/t) on 09:00 - Aug 14 by Bloots

Hardly sweet cheeks.

Villa targeting left-back on 09:05 - Aug 14 with 2174 viewsKieran_Knows

Villa targeting left-back on 08:57 - Aug 14 by Mullet

Indeed, but it's hardly Fulham who play free flowing football. As I say, all 3 managers with a tendency to play a similar brand of football to what we saw previously (promotion or no promotion).

Villa targeting left-back on 09:06 - Aug 14 with 2168 viewsdirtyboy

Villa targeting left-back on 08:57 - Aug 14 by Metal_Hacker

To be fair I think a lot of people have moved on since MM and his comments regarding MM's departure hadn't even entered my mind .

I simply want the best possible team out there within the budget we're dealt with and I feel we can do better than Knudsen. Its all about opinion and I'm not for one minute suggesting you or anyone is wrong , it's opinion

If you think we can better Knudsen within our budget, I think you're either missjudging Knudsen our budget or quite probably both.
Villa targeting left-back on 09:10 - Aug 14 with 2131 viewsMullet

Villa targeting left-back on 09:05 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed, but it's hardly Fulham who play free flowing football. As I say, all 3 managers with a tendency to play a similar brand of football to what we saw previously (promotion or no promotion).

So unless he goes to Fulham, it's because he's a clogger? The team with Sessegnon at LB and 3-5 years developing a style only comparable to the one Wolves brought overnight and both teams have since been promoted?

I'm assuming you didn't see either of our games against Villa last year for example? Or the way Boro took us out at the Riverside compared to their latter half of the season? Stoke I don't think anyone can make a judgement about.

Talk about giving the bloke no chance with this assessment of the clubs he's linked to and our relative budgets.

Villa targeting left-back on 09:12 - Aug 14 with 2115 viewsRamRob

Villa targeting left-back on 08:57 - Aug 14 by Metal_Hacker

Fair enough. One man's awful is another man's average.

If he doesn't sign a new contract I suspect he will be off in January anyway. Due to the loan situation with Donacien I don't think we can afford to let him go until then.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Villa targeting left-back on 09:12 - Aug 14 with 2113 viewsMrTown

Villa targeting left-back on 08:13 - Aug 14 by Harry_Palmer

Yes, I too hope we lose a very solid, versatile, international defender that we won't be able to replace. Good shout.

The only way I can see him being allowed to leave is Knudsen to leave on loan to buy and to replace him with Mings on season - long loan.

Villa targeting left-back on 09:14 - Aug 14 with 2099 viewsKieran_Knows

Villa targeting left-back on 09:10 - Aug 14 by Mullet

So unless he goes to Fulham, it's because he's a clogger? The team with Sessegnon at LB and 3-5 years developing a style only comparable to the one Wolves brought overnight and both teams have since been promoted?

I'm assuming you didn't see either of our games against Villa last year for example? Or the way Boro took us out at the Riverside compared to their latter half of the season? Stoke I don't think anyone can make a judgement about.

Talk about giving the bloke no chance with this assessment of the clubs he's linked to and our relative budgets.

Who said anything about him being a clogger? All I'm saying, is that I don't think it's any coincidence that he's been linked with 3 clubs who have similar managers to the one we had last season.

FWIW, I don't think we should let JK go, because he's one of the few players we've got that has ample Championship 'experience', and we've seen a lot of that go this summer.

Villa targeting left-back on 09:16 - Aug 14 with 2081 viewsMrTown

Dont think thats true, about 6/8 months I thought he was nowhere near the levels we wanted as a left back.

BUT I have actually changed my mind on Knudsen, I think he is and has always been defensively very very solid!

It was always his decision making on the ball, a lot of panicking and aimless long balls, BUT towards the end of the season, over the summer and beginning of this he has certainly relaxed far more on the ball and made very good strides as a LB.

Right now I dont think e could replace him with the money we paid for him and is our best option right now.

Villa targeting left-back on 09:18 - Aug 14 with 2064 viewsMullet

Villa targeting left-back on 09:14 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

Who said anything about him being a clogger? All I'm saying, is that I don't think it's any coincidence that he's been linked with 3 clubs who have similar managers to the one we had last season.

FWIW, I don't think we should let JK go, because he's one of the few players we've got that has ample Championship 'experience', and we've seen a lot of that go this summer.

So what's the relevance in comparing the clubs that want him, Mick and Fulham then? It's clear what distinction you were trying to make, as with the quality of Pulis, Bruce etc.

On your last point I couldn't agree more. What we are doing is incredibly dicey, to take out a bloke who has grown so much in this division strikes me as trying to seal our fate.

Totally.... on 09:34 - Aug 14 with 1968 viewsBloots

Back of the net. (n/t) on 09:03 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

Hardly sweet cheeks.

....shnookie lumps.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Villa targeting left-back on 09:42 - Aug 14 with 1928 viewsmonty_radio

Villa targeting left-back on 09:12 - Aug 14 by RamRob

Fair enough. One man's awful is another man's average.

If he doesn't sign a new contract I suspect he will be off in January anyway. Due to the loan situation with Donacien I don't think we can afford to let him go until then.

I have hopes of Donacien, but right now, he's not been demonstrably better than Spence or Emmanuel so I don't think that conjecture would enter into it.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Villa targeting left-back on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 1914 viewsWestover

I think you will see what we see in Jonas is that he is way above what we have at right back and that is all three of them plus Jonas is cover at centre back and left footed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024