Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good piece about tribalism in football from F365 here 17:07 - Aug 13 with 1035 viewsSteve_M

Although perhaps I should post it on the Corbyn thread as there are parallels:

https://www.football365.com/news/tribalism-is-not-fandom-time-for-football-clubs

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good piece about tribalism in football from F365 here on 21:49 - Aug 13 with 943 viewsfloridablue

Interesting, then I guess I'm part of a tribe. Always trying to keep the colours of our country cousins from touching in anything purchased and would rather not mention them by name but don't like the word scum! I'm apparently getting worse with age and I don't even live local.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 23:31]
Good piece about tribalism in football from F365 here on 23:23 - Aug 13 with 911 viewsjjblue84

Doesn’t seem to define what tribalism is at all–most confusing
Good piece about tribalism in football from F365 here on 00:07 - Aug 14 with 883 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Hmmm... Personally I think this piece has missed the point. In fact I'm not sure they really define the issue of tribalism in the same way I would.

The way I see it, the threat tribalism poses to football is making fans lose all sense of acceptable social norms in the name of supporting their team. It's treating people who represent other clubs as sub-human because they're not part of your tribe, so somehow the kind of abuse you'd never aim at a person on the street suddenly becomes fair game. It's the 'I'm gonna taunt a guy whose child has just died - because that guy is a player for the opposition so he deserves it' mindset.

That's the worst kind of tribalism, the kind that really makes me loathe some pockets of the football-going population.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024