Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a real optimism for games now 10:15 - Aug 14 with 1297 viewsSamWhiteUK

Even though we've not got a win yet. I'm just excited to follow along (iFollow commentary) and see how we do. I think this a is a really great time to be following along, and I can't say I ever remember being this interested in the goings-on at Ipswich Town - and I used to have a season ticket!
I have a real optimism for games now on 10:24 - Aug 14 with 1269 viewsVic

Glad to hear it!

The cautious side of me hopes you’ll still feel the same if/when we’re trying to play good football but are flirting with relegation! I wonder if all us (notice I’m putting myself with you in this!) who are lauding Hurst at the moment will be so enthusiastic then? I hope so!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I have a real optimism for games now on 10:47 - Aug 14 with 1235 viewsSamWhiteUK

I have a real optimism for games now on 10:24 - Aug 14 by Vic

Glad to hear it!

The cautious side of me hopes you’ll still feel the same if/when we’re trying to play good football but are flirting with relegation! I wonder if all us (notice I’m putting myself with you in this!) who are lauding Hurst at the moment will be so enthusiastic then? I hope so!

I hope so too!

I did feel a little sorry for MM in his last days (sorry for mentioning him!....) but I felt the time came for him to go. I said then, and stand by it, that I would rather see us in the position of flirting with relegation but playing entertaining football (although hopefully not actually getting relegated! ), than just stagnating in mid-table year after year. Fingers crossed!

There are always going to be things that we as fans don't agree with or think could be done differently, but so far I think Hurst has got the vast majority pulling in the same, right direction. I think we definitely could have done with another CB, and I can see where people are coming from when they say they would like another attacking option, but I think the players at the club now have much more potential to grow into a competitive team than any group we've had in the last 6 or 7 years.
I have a real optimism for games now on 10:56 - Aug 14 with 1209 viewsVic

I have a real optimism for games now on 10:47 - Aug 14 by SamWhiteUK

I hope so too!

I did feel a little sorry for MM in his last days (sorry for mentioning him!....) but I felt the time came for him to go. I said then, and stand by it, that I would rather see us in the position of flirting with relegation but playing entertaining football (although hopefully not actually getting relegated! ), than just stagnating in mid-table year after year. Fingers crossed!

There are always going to be things that we as fans don't agree with or think could be done differently, but so far I think Hurst has got the vast majority pulling in the same, right direction. I think we definitely could have done with another CB, and I can see where people are coming from when they say they would like another attacking option, but I think the players at the club now have much more potential to grow into a competitive team than any group we've had in the last 6 or 7 years.

Pretty much agree with that.

I am disappointed that rather than supplementing what was a decent team PH has pretty much ripped it up and started again with a knock on effect of limiting the involvement our you players coming through.

I get Warkthewarks comments that the players coming in are probably at this time better than the youngesters we have, but personally I’d have preferred less revolution and more evolution which meant that our academy starlets are eased into the team over the next few months.

I’d be very, ver6 interested in knowing Klugs take on the signings and pathway now mapped out for our youngsters. My fear is that he’d have chosen a different way and that we could see him leave ina year or two. Now THAT really would be a bad thing for the club.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I have a real optimism for games now on 11:08 - Aug 14 with 1168 viewsSamWhiteUK

I have a real optimism for games now on 10:56 - Aug 14 by Vic

I am disappointed that rather than supplementing what was a decent team PH has pretty much ripped it up and started again with a knock on effect of limiting the involvement our you players coming through.

I get Warkthewarks comments that the players coming in are probably at this time better than the youngesters we have, but personally I’d have preferred less revolution and more evolution which meant that our academy starlets are eased into the team over the next few months.

I’d be very, ver6 interested in knowing Klugs take on the signings and pathway now mapped out for our youngsters. My fear is that he’d have chosen a different way and that we could see him leave ina year or two. Now THAT really would be a bad thing for the club.

I do see what you mean. Youth coming through is what we all would like. However, I'm willing to trust PH's judgment if he says they are not ready. I do think there were a lot of areas that needed strengthening, and PH has done that. I think our strongest area is midfield, and that I think is where we've brought in the fewest players. I also think that is where the majority of our youth are (Downes, Nydam, Dozzell) so I'm not too worried.
I have a real optimism for games now on 11:13 - Aug 14 with 1158 viewsPilgrimblue

I have a real optimism for games now on 10:56 - Aug 14 by Vic

Think that "ripped up" maybe a bit OTT as once MM had gone there were players that would want out too. Not sure there were many that wanted McG to stay and I'm guessing that Joey wanted to get back nearer to home.
The loans were always going back so he got the remainder. For me PH hasn't had enough time to look at squad before season kicked off otherwise new loans would be in by now. With so many new faces it's going to be a hard in first 10 games so all I wish is that PH gets his tactics right and making best use of the players i.e. using two strikers as EH not good enough on his own.
I have a real optimism for games now on 15:10 - Aug 14 with 1082 viewsSwn98

I have a real optimism for games now on 10:47 - Aug 14 by SamWhiteUK

I hope so too!

Great playing entertaining football but not getting relegated seems like a wish too many for me.
I have a real optimism for games now on 15:23 - Aug 14 with 1070 viewsLeagueOne

I have a real optimism for games now on 15:10 - Aug 14 by Swn98

Great playing entertaining football but not getting relegated seems like a wish too many for me.

How high is the risk of relegation though? Many have tipped us to drop this year, and on paper you could say new manager with signings mostly from 3rd and 4th tiers would be a problem but I don't think Evans will let it get that far, he hasn't in the past under Keane and Jewell although he did allow a scrape with Mick the season before last.

If say we are looking like dropping at around Christmas Evans will either invest in a few players/loans to keep us up or dismiss Hurst and bring someone in to keep us up like he did with Mick and go back to the drawing board in the summer using Hurst as an example of a failed experiment. Jewell was barely here a year wasn't he before he was sent packing?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

I have a real optimism for games now on 15:35 - Aug 14 with 1034 viewsSamWhiteUK

I have a real optimism for games now on 15:10 - Aug 14 by Swn98

Why? It's obviously possible, and I think so with the players we currently have. I cannot (or refuse to ) see us being relegated in the next few years.
Login to get fewer ads

I have a real optimism for games now on 15:40 - Aug 14 with 1018 viewsLeagueOne

I have a real optimism for games now on 15:35 - Aug 14 by SamWhiteUK

Why? It's obviously possible, and I think so with the players we currently have. I cannot (or refuse to ) see us being relegated in the next few years.

So we'd say there is no risk of relegation then?

I have a real optimism for games now on 16:33 - Aug 14 with 970 viewsdirtyboy

I don't think he's ripped the team apart.

McGoldrick was always going to leave, Waghorn, Garner and Webster all (reading between the lines) wanted moves anyway and we got decent fees for those.

Hyam and Bru had their detractors, as did Gleeson, so will they be missed? Doubtful.

Celina and Connolly were loans, so always going to need replacing, so here we have Chalobah and Edun, I think the quality is similar.

We've still got Bart, Knudsen, Chambers, Skuse as a core from last year and Huws, Dozzell and Bishop in the pot to add a bit of quality (hopefully).

Only time will tell on thew new lads, but Nolan and Edwards look fine signings already. What we do have to hope for, is that Harrison and Jackson can find the net at this level.

I think we'll be okay. Tough, building, but okay.
I have a real optimism for games now on 16:38 - Aug 14 with 959 viewsSamWhiteUK

I have a real optimism for games now on 15:40 - Aug 14 by LeagueOne

So we'd say there is no risk of relegation then?

I realise I'm being very optimistic, but then, that's what I said in my OP :) I have never thought we'd get relegated in all my years as a Town fan and still continue to see it that way. I've never seen Town in any division other than the Championship so that probably goes some way towards explaining my attitude but there we go. No need to worry!
I have a real optimism for games now on 16:43 - Aug 14 with 950 viewsLeagueOne

I have a real optimism for games now on 16:38 - Aug 14 by SamWhiteUK

I realise I'm being very optimistic, but then, that's what I said in my OP :) I have never thought we'd get relegated in all my years as a Town fan and still continue to see it that way. I've never seen Town in any division other than the Championship so that probably goes some way towards explaining my attitude but there we go. No need to worry!

I think we've been incredibly lucky not to drop when almost everyone else has from Leeds, to Nottingham Forrest, Sunderland, Leicester, Norwich, Wigan, Pompey, Blackburn, QPR, Man City, Southampton, Wolves and so on have done.

I have a real optimism for games now on 16:50 - Aug 14 with 933 viewsbelgablue

I have a real optimism for games now on 16:43 - Aug 14 by LeagueOne

I think we've been incredibly lucky not to drop when almost everyone else has from Leeds, to Nottingham Forrest, Sunderland, Leicester, Norwich, Wigan, Pompey, Blackburn, QPR, Man City, Southampton, Wolves and so on have done.

I’ve often thought that and wondered whether we’d have been better off dropping down to bounce back up and always concluded that no it wouldn’t. Relegation is rubbish.

I’m excited about change. And I think our change is exciting. And we won’t go down.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024