Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we lose tonight............... 14:41 - Aug 14 with 1919 viewsmonty_radio

As I'm feeling somewhat left by the recent invasion of commenters that haven't quite got into the swing of reciprocal debate I've realised that, in order to keep up, I must desert my fool's paradise of optimism and see things as they really are - lose tonight and two defeats and a draw is relegation form. Meanwhile, Middlesborough are as good as up.

Mick's had long enough keeping his cool behind the analyst's desk. Come back and save us! And get Lukey in on loan so we get the Skyam axis going again; Contact Aberdeen for a season-long loan for Gleeson. Give the keeper's gloves back to Gerks - Bart's lost it.

And get that Emerald Isle production line going again.

It was all good. I wasn't careful what I wished for!

Exeter are no mugs and just the team at the top of their league to be brought down with a bump by our Under-23s. Get 'em in Mick, and give us our club back!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 21:10]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If we lose tonight............... on 14:46 - Aug 14 with 1893 viewsLeagueOne

We should win tonight lets be honest but if we don't we should expect some people to be upset, yeah it's early days but it's also football and not the Lego movie - you can't expect everyone to be "everything is awesome" during a crap run of results! Some will moan every week anyway!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

If we lose tonight............... on 14:50 - Aug 14 with 1871 viewsJ2BLUE

If we lose tonight............... on 14:46 - Aug 14 by LeagueOne

We should win tonight lets be honest but if we don't we should expect some people to be upset, yeah it's early days but it's also football and not the Lego movie - you can't expect everyone to be "everything is awesome" during a crap run of results! Some will moan every week anyway!

We've had two crap results (if we're being harsh on the Blackburn result) but two decent performances. We have a team who are gelling and if it clicks sooner rather than later it could be exciting. No point getting upset too early.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we lose tonight............... on 15:02 - Aug 14 with 1816 viewsLeagueOne

If we lose tonight............... on 14:50 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

We've had two crap results (if we're being harsh on the Blackburn result) but two decent performances. We have a team who are gelling and if it clicks sooner rather than later it could be exciting. No point getting upset too early.

We were better against Rotherham than Blackburn in my opinion, but people ultimately look at the results - we were playing some good football still when Burley got sacked (and he was having every good player sold from under him) and atrocious football when McGiven run the team (if people think McCarthy was bad...), but he kept us up 2 seasons and thus never got the can. It's just how football is - Chelsea under Jose were hardly amazing to watch or even entertaining but he won trophy's and thus the fans stuck with him.

If in 6 months time the results are still naff we can expect more angst, but right now we can hope for a couple of confidence building wins. If we lose a couple more, and lose against Norwich the anger mob will be back in full force! We can't expect the support to be 100% behind everything always is my point, especially when the results are naff.

If we lose tonight............... on 15:04 - Aug 14 with 1801 viewsSwn98

If we lose tonight............... on 14:50 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

Hope its super glue that's doing the gelling.
If we lose tonight............... on 15:06 - Aug 14 with 1786 viewsLeagueOne

If we lose tonight............... on 15:04 - Aug 14 by Swn98

Hope its super glue that's doing the gelling.

If it helps, put a tenner on Exeter winning and then that way you can earn out of the misery? :)

I think I won something like £90 from the Lincoln debacle, and £160 from England's group game defeat against Belgium.

If we lose tonight............... on 15:12 - Aug 14 with 1750 viewsWallingford_Boy

If we lose tonight............... on 15:06 - Aug 14 by LeagueOne

If it helps, put a tenner on Exeter winning and then that way you can earn out of the misery? :)

I think I won something like £90 from the Lincoln debacle, and £160 from England's group game defeat against Belgium.

It'll be a draw tonight.

RIP Sir Bobby

If we lose tonight............... on 15:18 - Aug 14 with 1721 viewsLeagueOne

If we lose tonight............... on 15:12 - Aug 14 by Wallingford_Boy

It'll be a draw tonight.

I don't know if I can handle that sort of excitement. ..

If we lose tonight............... on 16:01 - Aug 14 with 1622 viewsVic

If we lose tonight............... on 15:12 - Aug 14 by Wallingford_Boy

It'll be a draw tonight.

It cant be a draw - it's 90 mins then pens.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

If we lose tonight............... on 16:03 - Aug 14 with 1615 viewsmonty_radio

If we lose tonight............... on 15:06 - Aug 14 by LeagueOne

The state Town were in at the Lincoln moment meant you couldn't lose. Hurst's drive and the bits of flair emerging tell me my money might not be so safe.

If we lose tonight............... on 16:31 - Aug 14 with 1540 viewsNazemariner

Sarcasm at its finest.

In all fairness, if we lose tonight then people will have every right to be annoyed, upset or even angry. There is nothing wrong with knee jerk reactions from football fans, after all it’s passionate game, and it demonstrates that they care. The trick is being able to take a rational viewpoint once the dust has settled.
If we lose tonight............... on 16:31 - Aug 14 with 1540 viewsLeagueOne

If we lose tonight............... on 16:03 - Aug 14 by monty_radio

The state Town were in at the Lincoln moment meant you couldn't lose. Hurst's drive and the bits of flair emerging tell me my money might not be so safe.

Makes an otherwise bland cup game a bit more interesting!

If we lose tonight............... on 16:35 - Aug 14 with 1519 viewssoclopath

If we lose tonight............... on 16:03 - Aug 14 by monty_radio

If we play like Hurst talks we will be top of the league by 15 points ar Christmas .
If we lose tonight............... on 17:02 - Aug 14 with 1465 viewsitfctim

If we lose tonight............... on 16:35 - Aug 14 by soclopath

If we play like Hurst talks we will be top of the league by 15 points ar Christmas .

Play quietly, calmly, with a Yorkshire accent?
If we lose tonight............... on 17:10 - Aug 14 with 1450 viewsblue75

If we lose tonight............... on 16:01 - Aug 14 by Vic

It cant be a draw - it's 90 mins then pens.

So it can be a draw then?

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

If we lose tonight............... on 18:47 - Aug 14 with 1368 viewsmonty_radio

If we lose tonight............... on 16:35 - Aug 14 by soclopath

?

If we lose tonight............... on 18:52 - Aug 14 with 1357 viewsmonty_radio

If we lose tonight............... on 16:31 - Aug 14 by Nazemariner

Sarcasm at its finest.

In all fairness, if we lose tonight then people will have every right to be annoyed, upset or even angry. There is nothing wrong with knee jerk reactions from football fans, after all it’s passionate game, and it demonstrates that they care. The trick is being able to take a rational viewpoint once the dust has settled.

Many, new to here, don't seem to have reconsidered in a quieter moment though, do they?

There are more than a handful ready to say it's all up. I think recalling something of what Mick brought in his closing era might be some sort of an antidote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024