Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Careful now. 22:15 - Aug 14 with 1670 viewsOldsmoker

I sense the TWTD board is changing its mood about Hurst.
Is the honeymoon over?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Careful now. on 22:18 - Aug 14 with 1635 viewsmrshallisfit

If so not much of a honeymoon. Not much more than a dirty weekend in Jaywick.
Careful now. on 22:20 - Aug 14 with 1611 viewspointofblue

His first big challenge and it's probably come far sooner than he expected it to.

The issue is this - we've only really played badly tonight out of the three games so far; both the Blackburn and Rotherham games showed more than a bit of promise and a vision of where Hurst is trying to take us. But McCarthy was right about one thing and that it's a results based business; if we played awfully in all three games so far but scraped three 1-0 wins would there be the same air of concern?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Careful now. on 22:20 - Aug 14 with 1608 viewsOldsmoker

Careful now. on 22:18 - Aug 14 by mrshallisfit

If so not much of a honeymoon. Not much more than a dirty weekend in Jaywick.

A dirty weekend in Jaywick - no thanks.
Best dirty weekend for me was in Amsterdam circa 1995.

Careful now. on 22:24 - Aug 14 with 1557 viewsOldsmoker

Careful now. on 22:20 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

His first big challenge and it's probably come far sooner than he expected it to.

The issue is this - we've only really played badly tonight out of the three games so far; both the Blackburn and Rotherham games showed more than a bit of promise and a vision of where Hurst is trying to take us. But McCarthy was right about one thing and that it's a results based business; if we played awfully in all three games so far but scraped three 1-0 wins would there be the same air of concern?

Its the league that counts and both league games have been positive performances in my opinion.
But you are right - its a results business.
I want us to win in the right way though - that's why we wanted a change.
1-0 wins where we just hoofed and hoped is not the way I want to win.

Careful now. on 22:28 - Aug 14 with 1523 viewsBloomBlue

Thats because too many thought all we had to do was spend a few million and it equals automatic success. How many were saying don't buy any more players we have enough. Unfortunately football isn't a computer game it takes time to build a team to work as a unit
Careful now. on 22:50 - Aug 14 with 1465 viewsjudespiveyg

I think the first win will do a lot of good. It doesn't fill people (or me) with confidence having drawn two and lost one from three games we should be winning.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Careful now. on 23:06 - Aug 14 with 1418 viewsVic

No, it’s just these results give some posters their 15 minutes of glory. Most of us are more level headed. Cautious, slightly nervous, but know that it’s really too early to make a judgement call on things

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Careful now. on 23:25 - Aug 14 with 1360 viewseddiespearitt03

The mood amongst the supporters has not changed at all. He will get it right. Once he recognizes the players not committed to 100% application and leading by example they will be excluded I,m sure. Then the team will flourish.

The Exeter game was another learning curve.
Login to get fewer ads

Careful now. on 00:11 - Aug 15 with 1294 viewsmrshallisfit

Careful now. on 22:20 - Aug 14 by Oldsmoker

A dirty weekend in Jaywick - no thanks.
Best dirty weekend for me was in Amsterdam circa 1995.

Dirty Jaywickers will do anything though. And I mean anything.
Careful now. on 00:14 - Aug 15 with 1280 viewsmrshallisfit

Careful now. on 22:24 - Aug 14 by Oldsmoker

Its the league that counts and both league games have been positive performances in my opinion.
But you are right - its a results business.
I want us to win in the right way though - that's why we wanted a change.
1-0 wins where we just hoofed and hoped is not the way I want to win.

But I guess you'll begging for such results by Xmas time
Careful now. on 08:26 - Aug 15 with 1120 viewsJohnny_Boy

Not at all. The sensible ones knew it was going to take a while to erase all the negative baggage of the previous regime.
Careful now. on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 1073 viewsTownly

The Villa game will be the real test.

They will be the best opposition that the new team will have faced, we are at home and the squad has had a harsh wake up call from their manager. There will have been that little more of the gel factor injected.

Early season games have so many imponderables and usually produce unpredictable results. This is emphasised when you consider the impetus of newly promoted teams full of steam. Long trips to the West Country on a Tuesday night in a fairly meaningless competition can also lead to below par performances and it is no surprise that Exeter seemed more up for it than the town players, especially those that had seen it all before.

Paul Hurst's Championship season starts on Saturday. This game will be the real litmus test of his squad. A good performance will restore confidence and a good result could well indicate a decent season ahead.

I'm split 50/50 in my approval or otherwise of the changes made, of Hurst's style and in my view as to whether the season will be a disaster or not.
Careful now. on 09:11 - Aug 15 with 1011 viewsVic

Careful now. on 08:43 - Aug 15 by Townly

The Villa game will be the real test.

They will be the best opposition that the new team will have faced, we are at home and the squad has had a harsh wake up call from their manager. There will have been that little more of the gel factor injected.

Early season games have so many imponderables and usually produce unpredictable results. This is emphasised when you consider the impetus of newly promoted teams full of steam. Long trips to the West Country on a Tuesday night in a fairly meaningless competition can also lead to below par performances and it is no surprise that Exeter seemed more up for it than the town players, especially those that had seen it all before.

Paul Hurst's Championship season starts on Saturday. This game will be the real litmus test of his squad. A good performance will restore confidence and a good result could well indicate a decent season ahead.

I'm split 50/50 in my approval or otherwise of the changes made, of Hurst's style and in my view as to whether the season will be a disaster or not.

Totally agree with all of this. Saturday is a great game to have after a performance like this. It’s strange isn’t it that a poor game could potentially lead to the quicker gelling of the team.

I’m sure PH knows his approach and style is a bit of a gamble - previous comments from him reveal that. He’s got a degree in media stuff so he’ll be fully aware that to call your team out in public can go one of two ways! The guy isn’t thick - he knows exactly what he’s doing!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Careful now. on 09:40 - Aug 15 with 989 viewsJohnny_Boy

Careful now. on 08:26 - Aug 15 by Johnny_Boy

Not at all. The sensible ones knew it was going to take a while to erase all the negative baggage of the previous regime.

Oh BlueAllOver. I see you simply avoid responding to me

Probably for the best having read some of your tripe today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024