Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC 22:32 - Aug 14 with 3780 viewsunstableblue

twitter interview....

I feel sorry for Hurst.... in the way the likes of sears, chambo and knudsen completely let him down... ward perhaps also

but he seems to also be slating the wider team and the attitude, energy, commitment to win that game.. many new to the project

I think he's inherited this awful vibe to the team... this lack of driving forward, taking responsibility, looking to make a difference.. Ipswich have been playing in a shell for years. Awful commitment and energy and dynamism

Interesting that he called out the fact that players didn't speak out and raise voices in the post match 'debrief'

I really really hope he can get a reaction and a performance and a result on Saturday

We have to get everyone - fans and players - bought into this ethos of very high performance

Yes you can slate the lower league aquisitions, but this PROJECT is about performance and energy and not hiding

COYFB - 6 of us going Saturday - cheering the boys on

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 22:51 - Aug 14 with 3654 viewsOldsmoker

Bobby Robson would challenge some players face to face to do better because he knew that got the best from them.
For others it was an arm across the shoulder and telling them they were better than that performance but work with me on the training ground and we can put that right.
I would like the same style, more encouragement less admonishment.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 22:53]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 22:52 - Aug 14 with 3650 viewsOldsmoker

Bobby Robson would challenge some players face to face to do better because he knew that got the best from them.
For others it was an arm across the shoulder and telling them they were better than that performance but work with me on the training ground and we can put that right.
I would like the same style, more encouragement less admonishment.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:15 - Aug 14 with 3507 viewsBluesquid

I like Hurst, seems honest and upfront. Good that he mentioned the fans tonight.

Certain players sulking and yearning after Mick's matey, excuse making, "proper bloke" management style?
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:17 - Aug 14 with 3482 viewsportmanking

7 out of tonight's starting XI were players that HURST signed...!
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:23 - Aug 14 with 3414 viewsBlueAllOver

Awful vibe, a team that was always praised for its togetherness and spirit?

Maybe you lose the spirit if you make so many changes?

Nah let's keep blaming Mick, that's the way forward.

Really hope Hurst can make a good job of things, but a lot of the current issues are of his own making, up to him to turn it around.
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:30 - Aug 14 with 3367 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:23 - Aug 14 by BlueAllOver

Really hope Hurst can make a good job of things, but a lot of the current issues are of his own making, up to him to turn it around.

Let's keep blaming Mick............ are you getting paranoid over McCarthy? Where do you get it from?
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:33 - Aug 14 with 3334 viewsBlueAllOver

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:30 - Aug 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Let's keep blaming Mick............ are you getting paranoid over McCarthy? Where do you get it from?

"Awful vibe" - please keep up.
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:40 - Aug 14 with 3307 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:33 - Aug 14 by BlueAllOver

"Awful vibe" - please keep up.

You haven't answered the question. Hard to keep up with your imaginations.
Login to get fewer ads

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:44 - Aug 14 with 3277 viewsBlueAllOver

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:40 - Aug 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

You haven't answered the question. Hard to keep up with your imaginations.

No point trying to explain anything to you Mach, you know best.

Change going well so far, you must be so pleased.
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:48 - Aug 14 with 3265 viewsSomethingBlue

Thought you might be able to make a salient point here without rewriting history ... but nope.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:51 - Aug 14 with 3238 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:44 - Aug 14 by BlueAllOver

Not about me. It's about your weird imaginations. No-one in this thread mentions McCarthy it's just you who comes out with some pointless drivel.

Am I pleased? I'm hoping for better times. How is your Mick doing?
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:53 - Aug 14 with 3223 viewsRyorry

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:23 - Aug 14 by BlueAllOver

I suspect he didn't mean "awful vibe" in the usual sense of awful spirit/atmosphere, more in the sense that he went on to describe as "this lack of driving forward, taking responsibility, looking to make a difference.. Ipswich have been playing in a shell for years."

I could be wrong of course!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 00:01 - Aug 15 with 3184 viewsBlueAllOver

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:51 - Aug 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not about me. It's about your weird imaginations. No-one in this thread mentions McCarthy it's just you who comes out with some pointless drivel.

Yep the opening poster a big fan of MM said "I think he's inherited this awful vibe to the team... this lack of driving forward, taking responsibility, looking to make a difference.. Ipswich have been playing in a shell for years. Awful commitment and energy and dynamism "

Yep no insinuation there about the previous manager, silly me.

He is not my Mick, I am an Ipswich Town supporter. As I say hope Hurst will be a great success, if he does as well as Mick our previous manager he will be doing just fine.
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 09:34 - Aug 15 with 2905 viewsJohnny_Boy

6yrs of attritional negative hoofball can't be coached out of players just in pre-season & 3 competitive matches. Probably why he shipped so many out.

So, the previous managers legacy is still hurting us.
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 09:46 - Aug 15 with 2860 viewsJohnny_Boy

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:51 - Aug 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

He should probably just stick to down-voting posts & avoid conversing with folk.
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 10:49 - Aug 15 with 2803 viewsBenters2

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:48 - Aug 14 by SomethingBlue

Thought you might be able to make a salient point here without rewriting history ... but nope.

How much did it cost to have your I love Mick Mac tattoo removed ?
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 10:54 - Aug 15 with 2785 viewsBenters2

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 09:46 - Aug 15 by Johnny_Boy

He should probably just stick to down-voting posts & avoid conversing with folk.

This 😊
Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 10:55 - Aug 15 with 2780 viewsKieran_Knows

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:44 - Aug 14 by BlueAllOver

'Change going well so far'

Give over you wet wipe. It's been 3 games FFS.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 11:00 - Aug 15 with 2762 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 09:46 - Aug 15 by Johnny_Boy

Exactly ! Bang on right ! Down-voting me and a few others is his peak
YOU ARE CORRECT (n/t) on 13:13 - Aug 15 with 2650 viewsunstableblue

Hurst, angry, very frank and very critical of players in ITFC on 23:53 - Aug 14 by Ryorry

I suspect he didn't mean "awful vibe" in the usual sense of awful spirit/atmosphere, more in the sense that he went on to describe as "this lack of driving forward, taking responsibility, looking to make a difference.. Ipswich have been playing in a shell for years."

I could be wrong of course!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024