Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate 22:34 - Aug 14 with 1443 viewsm14_blue

I defended our fans to anyone who would listen. Every club has idiots after all, and ours are no worse than anyone else's.

However, the blubbing on here this week has me starting to doubt.

As a fanbase we wanted change, it had gone stale, we knew it was a bit of a risk but we were willing to sacrifice grinding safety for something a bt more edgy. Now we've got what we asked for. We have a young manager, attempting to introduce a completely new style with a completely new team.

But because we've lost 2 games (2 games ffs!) the knives are out again.

Of course performances and results have been disappointing but nowhere near as disappointing as seeing the bedwetting on here.

Maybe Mick had it right all along.
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 22:51 - Aug 14 with 1385 viewspointofblue

I still don't think our fanbase is any worse than any other club's would be in this position though maybe that says more about the immediacy and desperation in football nowadays than anything else.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 22:57 - Aug 14 with 1368 viewsSteve_D

As a fan base it was the vocal minority that wanted change the quiet majority let it happen
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 23:17 - Aug 14 with 1314 viewsDublinBlue84

I wanted Mick out because I wanted change. What we've got with Paul Hurst so far is too far in the other direction.

Nobody disputes that the squad needed some additions. But is it really sensible to bring around a dozen players in one window and expect it all to click quickly?

Hurst is playing a high stakes game, by bringing in so many unproven players all at once and that is always going to be risky. I don't know too many managers who go into a club with wholesale changes and then make a success of it.

There is a middle ground between Mick and Hurst and honestly I feel like we've gone from being stale to throwing the baby out with the bathwater when we needed something inbetween.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 06:11 - Aug 15 with 1172 viewsbrogansnose

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 23:17 - Aug 14 by DublinBlue84

I wanted Mick out because I wanted change. What we've got with Paul Hurst so far is too far in the other direction.

Nobody disputes that the squad needed some additions. But is it really sensible to bring around a dozen players in one window and expect it all to click quickly?

Hurst is playing a high stakes game, by bringing in so many unproven players all at once and that is always going to be risky. I don't know too many managers who go into a club with wholesale changes and then make a success of it.

There is a middle ground between Mick and Hurst and honestly I feel like we've gone from being stale to throwing the baby out with the bathwater when we needed something inbetween.

Agree with what you're saying. I think its difficult to get this quantity of new players to gell even if they were ' of a better recognised quality' and we're asking players to make a massive step up at the same time. We also have to consider whether the likes of Chambers Skuse and Ward are really 'there ' enough to guide and support the newcomers.

This is a harsh league in which to carry out this sort of revolution and despite calls for patience, there isn't a lot in supply after 16 / 17 years in this league.
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 06:27 - Aug 15 with 1140 viewsBenters2

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 06:11 - Aug 15 by brogansnose

Agree with what you're saying. I think its difficult to get this quantity of new players to gell even if they were ' of a better recognised quality' and we're asking players to make a massive step up at the same time. We also have to consider whether the likes of Chambers Skuse and Ward are really 'there ' enough to guide and support the newcomers.

This is a harsh league in which to carry out this sort of revolution and despite calls for patience, there isn't a lot in supply after 16 / 17 years in this league.

I think you are bang on with what you say.

As for this numbskull debate,ive never known it as bad as this where we have fans of the same club and they seem to hate each other.

One day there wil be a massive punch up over the crap people say to each other on this board.
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:38 - Aug 15 with 1004 viewsWD19

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 06:27 - Aug 15 by Benters2

I think you are bang on with what you say.

As for this numbskull debate,ive never known it as bad as this where we have fans of the same club and they seem to hate each other.

One day there wil be a massive punch up over the crap people say to each other on this board.

SUQ
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:41 - Aug 15 with 990 viewssparks

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 06:11 - Aug 15 by brogansnose

What could he have done? McGoldrick was off anyway- Webster and Waghorn clearly wanted to go. The squad was utterly threadbare. Lots of bodies, very few of which we could rely on. Gleeson ffs..

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:42 - Aug 15 with 987 viewsKieran_Knows

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 23:17 - Aug 14 by DublinBlue84

If it wasn't for the fact that the existing players were stuck in their ways from the previous regime, PH might not have had to ship a lot of them out.

What was it PH said after the first few days training (bearing in mind I don't think he had even made any signings at this stage, so it was still very much MM's squad) - we had to tone down training otherwise we would've broke some of the players. I mean, really?!
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 8:42]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:45 - Aug 15 with 954 viewsWD19

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:42 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

If it wasn't for the fact that the existing players were stuck in their ways from the previous regime, PH might not have had to ship a lot of them out.

What was it PH said after the first few days training (bearing in mind I don't think he had even made any signings at this stage, so it was still very much MM's squad) - we had to tone down training otherwise we would've broke some of the players. I mean, really?!
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 8:42]

Everything PH has said since he walked through he door has been about PH and none of it about anything else. He needs to chill out and get on with the job rather than behave like a local councillor vying for reelection.
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:47 - Aug 15 with 946 viewsKieran_Knows

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:45 - Aug 15 by WD19

Everything PH has said since he walked through he door has been about PH and none of it about anything else. He needs to chill out and get on with the job rather than behave like a local councillor vying for reelection.

So we just carry on as before?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:50 - Aug 15 with 930 viewsBurwell_Blue

"As a fanbase" - are you speaking for everyone in your assumptions that they 'ALL' wanted change? What do you base that on? Have you consulted everyone?

For what its worth, I wanted change. I am prepared to take relegation in exchange for some moments of enjoyable football. I can also tolerate others coming on here being miserable and starting to panic already. its what makes us all different.
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:51 - Aug 15 with 905 viewsWD19

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:47 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

So we just carry on as before?

What PH says with a microphone shoved up his nose and the entire workings of the club are not one and the same. It is possible to make change and fix potholes without fuss.
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:53 - Aug 15 with 899 viewsm14_blue

Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 08:50 - Aug 15 by Burwell_Blue

"As a fanbase" - are you speaking for everyone in your assumptions that they 'ALL' wanted change? What do you base that on? Have you consulted everyone?

For what its worth, I wanted change. I am prepared to take relegation in exchange for some moments of enjoyable football. I can also tolerate others coming on here being miserable and starting to panic already. its what makes us all different.

The majority wanted change, I think that's inescapable? Not sure what point you're making with that? No I haven't consulted everyone, have an internet point.

I can tolerate it too, I'm not suggesting the miserable people should be arrested or banned, I'm suggesting they're unhelpful and annoying.
Throughout the whole ''numbskull' debate on 09:03 - Aug 15 with 854 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s hard to count, as the threads are cycling to the top and it’s not immediately apparent from the title what type of thread each is, but by my reckoning the scores so far on the fromt page are:

Threads blubbing about blubbing threads - 13
Blubs about the team and/or PH - 6

The double blubbers are pipping it at the moment. Or is that the anti-blub blubbers. It’s all blubbtastic whatever the correct term.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024