Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) 22:35 - Aug 14 with 39675 viewsJ2BLUE

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 21:52 - Nov 8 with 4712 viewsJ2BLUE

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 21:47 - Nov 8 by Currie10

Cannot resist!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 11:18]

Can you post what charity you want the donation paid to as i'm probably going to pay this one early.

Truly impaired.

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 22:00 - Nov 8 with 4678 viewsgtsb

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 21:52 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

Can you post what charity you want the donation paid to as i'm probably going to pay this one early.

Probably!!! I think you mean certainly.
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 22:03 - Nov 8 with 4665 viewsJ2BLUE

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 22:00 - Nov 8 by gtsb

Probably!!! I think you mean certainly.

I have out £25 on Town to stay up at 2/1 so this bet will be paid by Sky Bet.

Truly impaired.

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 22:04 - Nov 8 with 4661 viewsgtsb

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 22:03 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

I have out £25 on Town to stay up at 2/1 so this bet will be paid by Sky Bet.

I hope youre right I really do but I think it's all about next season now already.
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 22:06 - Nov 8 with 4639 viewsJ2BLUE

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 22:04 - Nov 8 by gtsb

I hope youre right I really do but I think it's all about next season now already.

I still think we'll stay up comfortably. Lambert will get us grinding out results until January and then we'll bring in some quality.

Truly impaired.

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 00:45 - Nov 9 with 4530 viewsLeagueOne

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 22:06 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

I still think we'll stay up comfortably. Lambert will get us grinding out results until January and then we'll bring in some quality.

I think the damage has been done. Lambert has clearly put a rocket up their arse and I am really impressed with him so far, however with all the work they put in Saturday had we not had a penalty we would have lost the game at home 0-1 against a pretty naff Preston side with ten men. We've never had a side this bad. Ever.

It's because the young and exciting lower league guys the much loved Hurst brought in are not up to the standard of this league and the likes of Bart, Chambers and Skuse are starting to look older and tired - it's a toxic combination our owners piddly "war chest" cannot fix in January without a total overhaul of the team. We need 6 or 7 players. We cannot score, and we're at risk of conceding from every single set piece. It's a disaster.

The sad thing is we'll drop and I am doubtful we'll ever be back now, not unless the club is sold.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 00:52 - Nov 9 with 4515 viewsjeera

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 00:45 - Nov 9 by LeagueOne

I think the damage has been done. Lambert has clearly put a rocket up their arse and I am really impressed with him so far, however with all the work they put in Saturday had we not had a penalty we would have lost the game at home 0-1 against a pretty naff Preston side with ten men. We've never had a side this bad. Ever.

It's because the young and exciting lower league guys the much loved Hurst brought in are not up to the standard of this league and the likes of Bart, Chambers and Skuse are starting to look older and tired - it's a toxic combination our owners piddly "war chest" cannot fix in January without a total overhaul of the team. We need 6 or 7 players. We cannot score, and we're at risk of conceding from every single set piece. It's a disaster.

The sad thing is we'll drop and I am doubtful we'll ever be back now, not unless the club is sold.

As you say, if we couldn't do more with the personnel we've had the past few years, which in comparison to this present batch, now look like world class, we are in all kinds of shades of trouble right now.

Loving the Lambert effect so far, and, despite their obvious failings, I'm sure most of the current crop are a decent bunch of professionals, so maybe something wondrous will happen.

I want to be sharing in some of J2's optimism, but being reminded of his previous optimism at the top of this thread, I shan't hold my breath.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 05:30 - Nov 9 with 4459 viewsBenters2

Phew!
Login to get fewer ads

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 05:38 - Nov 9 with 4449 viewsBenters2

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 22:06 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

I will raise you January 2015.

That was our time to bring in real quality and we didnt.

Does anybody seriously think Evans will pump in £10M?
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 05:51 - Nov 9 with 4450 viewsurbanblue

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 00:45 - Nov 9 by LeagueOne

Blimey mate, with that attitude you must be a right barrel of laughs to be around!

With all due respect, to say if we hadn't had the penalty we would have lost 1-0 is ridiculous. I could just as easily say that if they hadn't been awarded that free kick and Rowe had scored with that shot we'd have won 2-0!!

We are 5 points from safety with still two thirds of the season to go. To resign ourselves to relegation, as you appear to have, already is crazy. Such negative thinking ....!! We might as well give up now in your world. Thank goodness we have a manager who sees things differently!
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 06:02 - Nov 9 with 4438 viewsbrogansnose

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 05:29 - Aug 18 by Benters2

I must say 20+ points clear seems a lot.

As much as I'm optimistic and in love with PL, my head says it'll go to the wire , either way.
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 06:38 - Nov 9 with 4394 viewsBenters2

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 06:02 - Nov 9 by brogansnose

As much as I'm optimistic and in love with PL, my head says it'll go to the wire , either way.

Hurst would have defo taken us down,no we may just have a chance.

To think i posted that on August 20th i think? and we have only had one win in all that time.
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 06:44 - Nov 9 with 4391 viewsColchesterBlue1985

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 06:02 - Nov 9 by brogansnose

I would take it going to the wire all day, I am another who is struggling to stay positive with the severe lack of quality that Lambert has to work with. I know chambers said this squad is better than the 2012 but I do not agree whatsoever. They were a set of players by and large who were severe lacking effort and underperforming. This bunch I think are actually trying but are in no way good enough. The experience and know how in that team compared to the inexperience of this one plus we stayed up handsomely even though peterbough were relegated with a record 54 points I think. This year will be low by comparison and I still think we are all but gone, as many have said if Lambert somehow keeps us up it will be a far greater achievement than what Mick did in his rescue mission.
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 06:45 - Nov 9 with 4393 viewsurbanblue

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 05:38 - Nov 9 by Benters2

I will raise you January 2015.

That was our time to bring in real quality and we didnt.

Does anybody seriously think Evans will pump in £10M?

Maybe ... What I'm hoping is that the Hurst disaster has given Evans a scare and that with a confidence in Lambert he may well realise that he needs to come up with a proper investment in the future of the club.
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 07:04 - Nov 9 with 4379 viewschristiand

Very optimist J2Blue, which has to be admired. However, I would be happy if we avoided relegation by 1 point just so we remain in this league. Very impressed the way PL has come in and done things and I do feel more content that we have a fighting chance of survival, but he can only do so much with the squad that he has. Ultimately, it is down to the players to deliver on the pitch and that's where the major issue lies.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 7:36]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 08:47 - Nov 9 with 4322 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I dont think its all doom and gloom, we don't have the best squad, but there is certainly ability in certain areas, i.e Gwion Edwards, Chalobah/Dozzell/Downes are very bright footballers, Huws and Bishop look to be on the mend.

Need to stay within touching distance until January, im talking no more than 5/6 points in the relegation zone, add some final third quality and with the fantastic manager we have I think we will be just fine the second half of the season.

The positive is there is a crop of really really really poor football teams down the bottom and any of them could be relegated: Town, Hull, Reading, Preston, Bolton, Rotherham and even Millwall are having a poor season. Theres a long long way to go in this season.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 11:16 - Dec 4 with 4096 viewsCurrie10

Cannot resist ONE final time.

This is the best post in the history of TWTD.
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 11:27 - Dec 4 with 4052 viewsJ2BLUE

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 11:16 - Dec 4 by Currie10

I'm pleased our current plight is entertaining you so much.

Bump the thread all you want.

Truly impaired.

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 11:33 - Dec 4 with 4040 viewsGlasgowBlue

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 11:27 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

I'm pleased our current plight is entertaining you so much.

Bump the thread all you want.

Can I just say thanks for taking the heat of my "The Tories will win a 100 seat majority" prediction.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 12:25 - Dec 4 with 3969 viewsLeagueOne

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 23:11 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

We've had three games.

We signed players late so some haven't had any pre season time with us and Chalobah was away with England.

Two decent performances in the league where we lacked a cutting edge. Jackson and Harrison still need time to gel with the team.

We're stronger IMO. We've lost Waghorn and Webster. We've gained two of the best players in league one last season, Edwards who looks decent, and several other promising punts.

Hurst is still learning about the players and what will work best. I think it will eventually click. Hurst's record is excellent everywhere he has been.

I think the relegation points total will be a lower one this year rather than seeing a team get to 50 points.

Still time to get a couple of decent loanees in.

Players to return from injury. Huws could be massive if he can get back and play a decent amount of games.

I think we'll end up defensively solid and with Edwards, Nolan and the two strikers we'll score a few goals as well once they've settled in.

"We're stronger IMO."

Never count your chickens - it's an age old phrase but as you said at the time, we were 3 games in and to suggest we were in anyway strong, would be 20 points off relegation and to say we would end up defensively solid is just so far off it's not even funny.

To be fair on you, you were just echoing what most of this forum were saying at the time - along with the transfer window being the clubs most successful recruitment since Burley in 2000 and lots of other over excited posts that had no bearing on fact or reality.

We now know this is easily the worse side to have been assembled here, and that very much includes the players you listed above. Absolutely awful!!! Defensively solid with Nolan!! Come on!!!

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 12:26 - Dec 4 with 3967 viewsLeagueOne

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 05:51 - Nov 9 by urbanblue

Blimey mate, with that attitude you must be a right barrel of laughs to be around!

With all due respect, to say if we hadn't had the penalty we would have lost 1-0 is ridiculous. I could just as easily say that if they hadn't been awarded that free kick and Rowe had scored with that shot we'd have won 2-0!!

We are 5 points from safety with still two thirds of the season to go. To resign ourselves to relegation, as you appear to have, already is crazy. Such negative thinking ....!! We might as well give up now in your world. Thank goodness we have a manager who sees things differently!

Lazy negative thinking? We've won 7 games THIS YEAR! based on that form we won't likely win6 more before the season ends!!

We're going down.

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 12:46 - Dec 4 with 3916 viewsCurrie10

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 11:16 - Dec 4 by Currie10

If Herbivore is giving you down arrows, that's a sign you're right.

Never wrong is Herbi...... never.

No, our season doesn't fill me with any joy. Still utterly amazed at the blind optimism from many who couldn't see what was potentially v likely to happen. There we go.

[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 12:47]
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 12:52 - Dec 4 with 3895 viewsBenters2

Its a cracker good old J2.
We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 12:53 - Dec 4 with 3892 viewsFrimleyBlue

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 12:46 - Dec 4 by Currie10

If Herbivore is giving you down arrows, that's a sign you're right.

Never wrong is Herbi...... never.

No, our season doesn't fill me with any joy. Still utterly amazed at the blind optimism from many who couldn't see what was potentially v likely to happen. There we go.

[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 12:47]

we did (cough)

In fairness, i'll never say I told you so as we all want the best for the blues. And in theory I can see why people were excited, I just wish at the time, they could have looked beyound the 'young manager' tag and actually look into the man himself and the previous 7 months of his managerial career before he took our club on.

we are where we are now sadly.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 14:12 - Dec 4 with 3801 viewsHerbivore

We'll finish 20+ points clear of relegation. Bookmark this. (n/t) on 12:53 - Dec 4 by FrimleyBlue

we did (cough)

In fairness, i'll never say I told you so as we all want the best for the blues. And in theory I can see why people were excited, I just wish at the time, they could have looked beyound the 'young manager' tag and actually look into the man himself and the previous 7 months of his managerial career before he took our club on.

we are where we are now sadly.

In the previous 7 months before joining us Hurst had taken relegation favourites Shrewsbury to Wembley twice, securing a remarkable 3rd place finish in the league. Not sure how that was a predictor of what a disaster he'd be here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024