Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgetting results for just one moment 08:31 - Aug 15 with 902 viewsDeano69

Is the style of football more enjoyable and entertaining in the last 3 games? (I am away so have missed them)

Yes I know it’s a results led industry but just asking the question.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Forgetting results for just one moment on 08:32 - Aug 15 with 886 viewshomer_123

The first 10 to 15 mins against Blackburn certainly was.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Forgetting results for just one moment on 08:33 - Aug 15 with 880 viewsOsborneOneNil

Forgetting results for just one moment on 08:32 - Aug 15 by homer_123

The first 10 to 15 mins against Blackburn certainly was.

And a majority of the Rotherham game
Forgetting results for just one moment on 09:06 - Aug 15 with 801 viewssoclopath

Forgetting results for just one moment on 08:33 - Aug 15 by OsborneOneNil

And a majority of the Rotherham game

So we have to enjoy entertaining football but can't see a win coming till early October,get real.
Forgetting results for just one moment on 09:14 - Aug 15 with 768 viewsSteve_M

If you count the good 20-25 minutes in each game (I'm basing it on Radio Suffolk comments for last night) only then it's been nice, if largely non-threatening, stuff but if you look at all three matches as a whole then we've been unable to maintain that for long spells.

That might be fitness, or players not being used to what Hurst expects and will probably improve but overall it's not enough for the fawning over "10x better football" to quote one of the superfan accounts on Twitter after Saturday.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Forgetting results for just one moment on 10:08 - Aug 15 with 715 viewsDeano69

Forgetting results for just one moment on 09:06 - Aug 15 by soclopath

So we have to enjoy entertaining football but can't see a win coming till early October,get real.

That wasn’t the question or point of the discussion. Just looking for signs of progress in the ‘we are fed up with dull, turgid football’ situation we have been in for some time.

As I said, it is a results based industry so will need wins to maintain championship status, it no one was happy with ‘ok results’ are we any happier with better football but not yet getting over the line with wins?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 10:08]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Forgetting results for just one moment on 10:13 - Aug 15 with 701 viewsMullet

More enjoyable than what though? How does last night compare to say Lincoln, the Jewell days, that game where Leicester battered 6-0.

We are playing lots of short passes and triangles, across and eventually up the park. But we're at our best 30 yards from goal and only for 5 or so minutes at a time. Ultimately we are even more ineffective. Maybe more than we have been since that midfield injury crisis or when Bullard signed his contract.

It's far too early to be conclusive or definite about the long term. But this past fortnight simply hasn't been good enough in any respect. If you take the Blackburn game there was 15 minutes at the start and end where we really played well, the hour in the middle.....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Forgetting results for just one moment on 10:15 - Aug 15 with 695 viewstractorshark

Forgetting results for just one moment on 10:08 - Aug 15 by Deano69

That wasn’t the question or point of the discussion. Just looking for signs of progress in the ‘we are fed up with dull, turgid football’ situation we have been in for some time.

As I said, it is a results based industry so will need wins to maintain championship status, it no one was happy with ‘ok results’ are we any happier with better football but not yet getting over the line with wins?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 10:08]

I think most fans still want results first and foremost.
But there are ways of getting them which differ from the dull, safety-first approach of McCarthy.
You don’t have to be super attacking nor do you need to be incredibly negative.
Taking the rose-tinted specs off, I don’t think the football has been significantly better so far. There’s still wayward passes, aimless crosses and more importantly a lack of creativity.
However, the one improvement we have made is we now use the midfield as a means to attack rather than defend. And that is encouraging.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024