Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen the highlights... 12:37 - Aug 15 with 3757 viewsITFCBlues

Was it really that bad? PH clearly has high standards! We need to be testing the keeper more but it didn’t appear to be that bad aside from Chambo’s awful mistake!

Perhaps these aren’t comprehensive highlights that miss a lot of Exeter chances & also miss a lot of bad stuff? But I’ve seen a lot worse!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Just seen the highlights... on 12:39 - Aug 15 with 3049 viewsWebbyWebster

If we knew how to finish we would have won each game we've had comfortably to be fair, we're lacking a clinical finisher but once our forwards bag a couple each we should be much better with confidence. The main thing that worries me is our defence, have looked shaky against poor opponents and we've got barely any cover so can't change it up much
Just seen the highlights... on 12:40 - Aug 15 with 3033 viewsFrimleyBlue

what is wrong with Bart

flapping galore

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Just seen the highlights... on 12:41 - Aug 15 with 3010 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hadn’t actually seen them until now - comical goalkeeping on both goals there
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 12:42]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Just seen the highlights... on 12:42 - Aug 15 with 2998 viewsOsborneOneNil

Just seen the highlights... on 12:40 - Aug 15 by FrimleyBlue

what is wrong with Bart

flapping galore

3 in 3
Just seen the highlights... on 12:43 - Aug 15 with 2972 viewsReuser_is_God

Quality from Edun for our goal.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just seen the highlights... on 12:44 - Aug 15 with 2952 viewsm14_blue

The bottom line is that getting knocked out of a cup by a team 2 divisions below you should never be acceptable.

It's become normalised for us in recent years but it isn't good enough, particularly given the strong team we fielded yesterday.

I think Hurst has every right to be annoyed, whether or not he was right to have vocalised it so clearly we shall see on Saturday.
Just seen the highlights... on 12:44 - Aug 15 with 2951 viewsReuser_is_God

What on earth was Chambers doing before giving that FK away they scored from?

Jesus wept.

Evans out

Just seen the highlights... on 12:45 - Aug 15 with 2927 viewsTerra_Farma

Ta for the highlights.

Jackson looks a real handful and Chambers had a 'mare.

Be patient people, results will come.
Login to get fewer ads

Just seen the highlights... on 12:47 - Aug 15 with 2887 viewsLankHenners

Just seen the highlights... on 12:44 - Aug 15 by Reuser_is_God

Jesus wept.

Was about to post the same - not good to see from the most senior, experienced outfield player out there. Bart unusually unconvincing as well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Just seen the highlights... on 12:47 - Aug 15 with 2876 viewshomer_123

Positives and negatives really, just that the negatives really cost us last night.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Just seen the highlights... on 12:49 - Aug 15 with 2836 viewsReuser_is_God

Just seen the highlights... on 12:47 - Aug 15 by LankHenners

Was about to post the same - not good to see from the most senior, experienced outfield player out there. Bart unusually unconvincing as well.

Yeah.

At least with those 2 making the fcuk ups we know they'll improve & rid it from their game.

Evans out

Just seen the highlights... on 12:52 - Aug 15 with 2779 viewsSW6Tractor

- Playing style looks like it's getting there
- Created some chances but end product in the final third not there (yet)
- Sloppy free kick and goal to conceed
- Poor set of penalties

Not too concerned yet. Was always going to take time to adjust, the first minute of those highlights alone show how different a playing style Hurst is trying to implement. Better chances will come in time as the new players gel.
Just seen the highlights... on 12:55 - Aug 15 with 2748 viewsITFCBlues

Just seen the highlights... on 12:44 - Aug 15 by m14_blue

The bottom line is that getting knocked out of a cup by a team 2 divisions below you should never be acceptable.

It's become normalised for us in recent years but it isn't good enough, particularly given the strong team we fielded yesterday.

I think Hurst has every right to be annoyed, whether or not he was right to have vocalised it so clearly we shall see on Saturday.

I don’t think that anyone would deny that the overall result is unacceptable. But the performance wasn’t all that bad. We played some nice stuff it would appear without really testing the keeper enough.

Just need a bit more quality out wide — I hope we get another wide player in as that could really have a big impact.

Edun looked very good moving the ball well and bringing it forward — a role that Skuse has perhaps struggled with. I do wonder if Edun may well start at the weekend — perhaps Skuse in for Chalobah with his experience?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Just seen the highlights... on 12:56 - Aug 15 with 2733 viewsIllinoisblue

Of the 4 goals we’ve conceded so far, 3 from set pieces and 1 where we were carved open. On the set pieces we look especially slack and hesitant.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just seen the highlights... on 12:57 - Aug 15 with 2727 viewsReuser_is_God

Just seen the highlights... on 12:56 - Aug 15 by Illinoisblue

Of the 4 goals we’ve conceded so far, 3 from set pieces and 1 where we were carved open. On the set pieces we look especially slack and hesitant.

We do but that can be cut out with some good work on the training ground.

Evans out

Just seen the highlights... on 13:15 - Aug 15 with 2604 viewsFtnfwest

Well i thought that when i had a look. I think the accusation about not many 'leaders' out there might well be a fair criticism but in terms of overall pattern of play it looks encouraging. We undoubtedly need a bit more up front and playing both Harrison and Jackson i would have thought would be beneficial there.
Just seen the highlights... on 13:20 - Aug 15 with 2568 viewsKeaneish

Just seen the highlights... on 12:44 - Aug 15 by Reuser_is_God

Jesus wept.

Chambers and Bart have looked the most shaky players in the games and highlights i've seen. Thought some of our build upl play was excellent in that highlight reel. Individual mistakes costing us again from very experienced Championship players. Time to step up.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Just seen the highlights... on 13:22 - Aug 15 with 2526 viewsbraveblue

Seen a lot worse in the past couple of years. Need to take chances. Mind you the defending was a joke. But not by new players.
I like what I'm seeing.... on 13:27 - Aug 15 with 2480 viewsunstableblue

... its just a terrible error from Chambo; not enouogh energy from the likes of Sears and Ward.. and some missed chances - that one right at the death should have been a goal, who was that?

We need to back the project and the team against Villa

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I like what I'm seeing.... on 13:29 - Aug 15 with 2457 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I like what I'm seeing.... on 13:27 - Aug 15 by unstableblue

... its just a terrible error from Chambo; not enouogh energy from the likes of Sears and Ward.. and some missed chances - that one right at the death should have been a goal, who was that?

We need to back the project and the team against Villa

Ridiculously bad from Chambers to give away the free kick, but the player who’s error led to their goal was Bart

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Just seen the highlights... on 13:34 - Aug 15 with 2407 viewsbritbiker

We have given away some really bad free kicks recently. There was another one earlier in the game just outside the box which was very unnecessary.

Just hope they learn from.it.
I like what I'm seeing.... on 13:35 - Aug 15 with 2390 viewsbluejacko

I like what I'm seeing.... on 13:29 - Aug 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ridiculously bad from Chambers to give away the free kick, but the player who’s error led to their goal was Bart

For some reason Bart is very wary of actually catching a ball! If he did go for it odds on he would draw a foul if he was even touched but it seems the norm now for keepers to punch instead, as seen in the World Cup!
Just seen the highlights... on 13:38 - Aug 15 with 2359 viewsSteve_M

It's notable that the best of the football was in the first half though, the only highlights in the second are late on when the game was very stretched (and those are much more direct).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just seen the highlights... on 13:44 - Aug 15 with 2315 viewsTractorJack

It shows, as with the Rotheram game, that we're not completely clueless. The issue is that there's another 85 minutes where we weren't able to sustain this level and create chances. Hopeful that will come though.
Just seen the highlights... on 13:49 - Aug 15 with 2266 viewsSamWhiteUK

First time I've got round to watching these - not sure if there is extended ones on iFollow - haven't looked.

Didn't see any of the cock-ups from Knudsen which Brenner made sound horrendous - would be interested to see these.

Chambers - WOW. He's had an absolute mare there.

Bart - I'm wary to be critical of Bart, one because I really like him, and two because we all know he can be absolutely quality. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe there was an unexpected touch in front of him - hard to tell from the vid. You'd expect him to be anticipating that though.

One thing, the main thing, that I noted was the lack of celebration when we scored. I know we didn't have many fans there (and I watched at work without sound) but I would want my players to be more enthusiastic about that, regardless of opposition. It's KJ's first goal for the club, the other players should be ecstatic for him, and a goal's a goal at the end of the day - celebrate!!! I celebrate more when my team scores at 5-a-side on a tuesday night!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024