Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Saturday.... 11:23 - Aug 16 with 4073 viewsITFCBlues

A few decisions to make for the weekend. I suspect it’s look something like;

Bart

Knudsen Chambo Toto Donacien

Edun Chalobah

Edwards Nolan Ward

Jackson

I guess the real decision is if Skuse comes back into the side. Not sure you can really drop Edun — which means that it’s either Skuse/Chalobah. I like Chalobah but just wondering if PH might opt for a little more experience in there with it being Villa.

Not sure there’s really much else up for debate unless perhaps Harrison starts again — although I think we’ll go with Jackson myself….

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Team for Saturday.... on 11:31 - Aug 16 with 3530 viewsSnedders

Bart

Donacien Chambo Toto Knudsen

Skuse Chalobah

Edwards Nolan Edun

Jackson
Team for Saturday.... on 11:34 - Aug 16 with 3520 viewsportmanking

Am I alone in feeling somewhat sad at that midfield line-up?

None of our promising homegrown midfielders given a sniff in favour of developing others. Nydam was good enough in a 12th-placed side last season, so I don't understand why he isn't now?
Team for Saturday.... on 11:38 - Aug 16 with 3499 viewsJimmyJazz

Team for Saturday.... on 11:34 - Aug 16 by portmanking

None of our promising homegrown midfielders given a sniff in favour of developing others. Nydam was good enough in a 12th-placed side last season, so I don't understand why he isn't now?

You are absolutely right

I'd like to see us try and foster the same game approach we showed against West Ham, with Villa being the nearest game we've had since in terms of the challenge faced.

I do agree though that I'd be surprised to see Ward start again.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Team for Saturday.... on 11:38 - Aug 16 with 3498 viewsPinewoodblue

Especially as the way PH wants us to play is more akin to what academy teams try to do that the turgid Mickmacway ever was.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Team for Saturday.... on 11:52 - Aug 16 with 3453 viewsjpr_23

I would be surprised if Ward gets in after Tuesday...

Blog: Why We Need a New Five-Year Plan

Team for Saturday.... on 11:54 - Aug 16 with 3449 viewsTractorJack

I like Trev but I'd like to see Skuse back in that role with Edun and Nolan ahead of him.
Team for Saturday.... on 11:55 - Aug 16 with 3440 viewsITFCBlues

Agree - as was Gleeson - why didn't he get a new contract ffs

Team for Saturday.... on 11:55 - Aug 16 with 3439 viewsjpr_23

Team for Saturday.... on 11:52 - Aug 16 by jpr_23

I would be surprised if Ward gets in after Tuesday...

My team would be:

Bart

Donacien Chambers Toto Knudsen

Skuse

Chalobah Edun

Edwards Jackson

Harrison

Jackson would be a lot narrower than Edwards giving Harrison some real support.

Blog: Why We Need a New Five-Year Plan

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Saturday.... on 11:56 - Aug 16 with 3434 viewsITFCBlues

In all seriousness, who would you drop to get Nydam in that midfield?

Team for Saturday.... on 11:57 - Aug 16 with 3432 viewsKieran_Knows

Bart
Donacien Chambers Nsiala Knudsen
Skuse Chalobah
Edwards Nolan Jackson
Harrison

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Team for Saturday.... on 12:01 - Aug 16 with 3419 viewsportmanking

Team for Saturday.... on 11:55 - Aug 16 by ITFCBlues

Eh? Who mentioned him?
on 12:06 - Aug 16 with 3397 views_

Team for Saturday.... on 11:55 - Aug 16 by ITFCBlues

Team for Saturday.... on 12:08 - Aug 16 with 3389 viewsITFCBlues

Team for Saturday.... on 12:01 - Aug 16 by portmanking

Eh? Who mentioned him?

He was part of the squad that finished 12th - so must be good was my point.

Who would you drop to get Nydam into the side?

Team for Saturday.... on 12:11 - Aug 16 with 3368 viewsportmanking

Team for Saturday.... on 12:08 - Aug 16 by ITFCBlues

He was part of the squad that finished 12th - so must be good was my point.

Who would you drop to get Nydam into the side?

I would happily play Nydam instead of Edun. That's not to say Edun isn't a promising player and will certainly have his uses over the course of the season.
Team for Saturday.... on 12:20 - Aug 16 with 3320 viewsITFCBlues

Team for Saturday.... on 12:11 - Aug 16 by portmanking

I would happily play Nydam instead of Edun. That's not to say Edun isn't a promising player and will certainly have his uses over the course of the season.

From what we've seen, Edun is a better player at this stage than Nydam. Or do we just play him because he's one of our own? He's much more comfortable & uses the ball better than Nydam - which is what you'd expect from a player who is 2 years older.

I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. I'd say a loan to a L1 club who's going to play Nydam week in week out will do him the world of good this season. It's not as if he came in last season and took the league by storm afterall.

It's more Dozzell that i'm dissapointed with. He's certainly capable of playing that Edun role for me. Just a concern that despite having a full pre-season he's still not up to the fitness levels required.

Team for Saturday.... on 12:21 - Aug 16 with 3316 viewsTractorBoyOlly

It would be nice to see Dozzell at least on the bench. He hasn't been sent out on loan and surely Hurst needs to probably assess whether he's worth keeping before he sends him out on loan. I think Downes is likely to stay too as cover but I think Nydam could be shipped out having not featured in the first 3 games.

Poll: Final points total?

Team for Saturday.... on 12:27 - Aug 16 with 3281 viewsportmanking

Team for Saturday.... on 12:20 - Aug 16 by ITFCBlues

From what we've seen, Edun is a better player at this stage than Nydam. Or do we just play him because he's one of our own? He's much more comfortable & uses the ball better than Nydam - which is what you'd expect from a player who is 2 years older.

I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. I'd say a loan to a L1 club who's going to play Nydam week in week out will do him the world of good this season. It's not as if he came in last season and took the league by storm afterall.

It's more Dozzell that i'm dissapointed with. He's certainly capable of playing that Edun role for me. Just a concern that despite having a full pre-season he's still not up to the fitness levels required.

I'm not getting my knickers in a twist at all... I'm merely saying that it's a shame Nydam has been overlooked by another promising youngster that's not on our books.

I don't think anyone expects our youngsters to "take the league by storm" but there is no doubt Nydam showed he had what it takes last season. I'm not suggesting Edun shouldn't play - there could even be an argument to say he'd make a good left wing back and possibly a better one than Kndusen.
Team for Saturday.... on 12:35 - Aug 16 with 3243 viewsITFCBlues

Team for Saturday.... on 12:27 - Aug 16 by portmanking

I'm not getting my knickers in a twist at all... I'm merely saying that it's a shame Nydam has been overlooked by another promising youngster that's not on our books.

I don't think anyone expects our youngsters to "take the league by storm" but there is no doubt Nydam showed he had what it takes last season. I'm not suggesting Edun shouldn't play - there could even be an argument to say he'd make a good left wing back and possibly a better one than Kndusen.

I agree - i think Nydam will be a good player. But he's only 18 - a season on loan to L1 would probably do him a world of good whilst coming back next season ready to go.

Edun is clearly further advanced than Nydam at this stage as well & much more comfortable on the ball as he showed during the week. I'm not sure you'd see Nydam dominating the midfield in that same way.

Team for Saturday.... on 12:48 - Aug 16 with 3204 viewsportmanking

Team for Saturday.... on 12:35 - Aug 16 by ITFCBlues

I agree - i think Nydam will be a good player. But he's only 18 - a season on loan to L1 would probably do him a world of good whilst coming back next season ready to go.

Edun is clearly further advanced than Nydam at this stage as well & much more comfortable on the ball as he showed during the week. I'm not sure you'd see Nydam dominating the midfield in that same way.

Easy tiger, there's "dominating the midfield" against League Two Exeter and then there's dominating the midfield against the likes of Aston Villa. Not to mention the fact that we actually failed to beat Exeter and created few clear-cut chances.
Team for Saturday.... on 16:12 - Aug 16 with 3038 viewsmadmouse1959

I,m ready for the stick I,ll get.....ha.

……………………………………………..BART...………………………………

Donacien...……………….Emmanuel...……………..Toto...…………………..Kenlock

Edwards...………………..Nolan...………………………..Chalobah...………………..Jackson

……………………………………………...Harrison...…………………………….Morris
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 16:14]

shampoo dave

on 10:01 - Aug 17 with 2826 views_

Team for Saturday.... on 16:12 - Aug 16 by madmouse1959

I,m ready for the stick I,ll get.....ha.

……………………………………………..BART...………………………………

Donacien...……………….Emmanuel...……………..Toto...…………………..Kenlock

Edwards...………………..Nolan...………………………..Chalobah...………………..Jackson

……………………………………………...Harrison...…………………………….Morris
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 16:14]

Team for Saturday.... on 10:14 - Aug 17 with 2797 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

on 10:01 - Aug 17 by _

I think the following would work well with Skuse holding. If Tilt comes in he slots in for Chalobah who takes Skuse’s place.

Bart

Chambers Toto Chalobah

Donancien Knudsen

Skuse

Edwards Nolan Edun

Jackson

Edit: got my formation wrong!
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 10:18]
Team for Saturday.... on 10:15 - Aug 17 with 2784 viewsElderGrizzly

Skuse will definitely play if fit. 100%

I wonder if with all the praise of Chalobah being a good player in the future, will be followed by him being 'rested'
Team for Saturday.... on 10:18 - Aug 17 with 2773 viewsIpswichKnight

It's only the 3rd league game of the season, I seriously doubt we will change from the
4-2-3-1

Bart
Donacien Chambers Toto Knudsen
Skuse Chalobah
Edwards Nolan Edun
Jackson
Team for Saturday.... on 10:35 - Aug 17 with 2731 viewsbluejacko

While I agree with Bart is there a chance of Gerken getting a shout?
BART has been a bit shaky so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024