Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Osman's attack on Hurst 11:35 - Aug 16 with 5700 viewsFartman

Although I'm fully behind Hurst and his team, I must say that I have to partly agree with Osman.

Hurst is hanging his players by the neck in his interviews after our early exit from the League Cup. But it's his team now, as he has made 9 signings, and not all of the players he inheriated is dreadful. It's also his responsibility to make sure that the players have understood and follows his instructions during the match. He's fully able to call the players who's not doing their jobb, and adjust their wrong doings during the match.

It's not great to slate the team like he did to the press. I would prefer a more sofisticated feedback to the press, and vented his frustrations in the changing room. I do understand that it's hard, but as he's building a entirely new team, it will take some time for the team to click.

It's important that the management are holding their heads up high and shows some calmness in order to generate an environment of trust. Players will react differently to the kind of feedback he's given, and I guess younger and players new at this level would need more time, and a different approach to believe and trust their own abilities.

We clearly have made some good signing, but I would like to see Hurst show more patience with his team than us supporters.

I might be wrong - This could be a well tought through action from Hurst.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:38 - Aug 16 with 4264 viewsKieran_Knows

Osman moaning about ITFC? Now there's a turn up for the books.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:39 - Aug 16 with 4247 viewsSomethingBlue

Osman has his own axe to grind and isn't worth paying much heed to.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:39 - Aug 16 with 4241 viewsKieran_Knows

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:39 - Aug 16 by SomethingBlue

Osman has his own axe to grind and isn't worth paying much heed to.

As I said yesterday, I was surprised at seeing him tweet something different other than moaning about not getting enough credit for Mings joining us.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:40 - Aug 16 with 4232 viewsLankHenners

Osman has unfortunately turned into a bit of a sh!tstirrer who insists on talking the club down when he can all because he (unjustifiably) doesn't feel like he got the credit he thinks he deserves for 'finding' Mings.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:41 - Aug 16 with 4212 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we need to give Hurst the benefit of the doubt here. It's early days so perhaps he feels a harsh comment or two can kickstart something he feels is lacking.

This has also got to be balanced with what he's saying individually and collectively to the players behind closed doors. That'll be the true test of whether players think his comments are harsh but fair. I think by now the players will be used to him saying what's on his mind rather than being a politician, so I don't think the comments or at least the tone will have come out of the blue for them.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 11:42]

Pronouns: He/Him

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:45 - Aug 16 with 4143 viewsCoco

It was just a flippant comment to stir things up. Interesting that Mariner replied with ‘PH not messing around’ which doesn’t have any negative tone attached.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:49 - Aug 16 with 4085 viewsElephantintheRoom

Wasn't really an attack was it - more a comment on what he and most people see as very poor man management. There were a lot of new players and young players who barely knew each other, owing to a rather late transferfest by Hurst himself. It's an unfortunate repeat of his ungracious public carping about what he inherited. He could of course be right, but the players he inherited and promptly alienated had all been operating at a higher level than Hurst ever has - and probably contributed to the better ones going. Those like Osman pointing out this are merely highlighting public player criticism is unwise at best and rank bad at worst - and possibly a sign of a manager out of his depth

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:49 - Aug 16 with 4076 viewsmonty_radio

An ex-club professional attacking a current regime - well I never!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:54 - Aug 16 with 4032 viewsMr_Ipswich

He did it at Grimsby, it worked.

He did it at Shrewsbury, it worked.

Let's just stop the overreaction and let him get on with it.
Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:55 - Aug 16 with 4023 viewsBobbyRobsonsZombies

Hmmm, think I remember seeing on the highlights Knudsen jogging back whilst Exeter attacked down the right wing with Chambers busting a gut to get over and cover. Hurst may have a couple of players in mind targeted with his outburst.
Don't forget Hurst is in a tricky position as he'd set his stall out as "not like MM" and taking cup competitions seriously.
Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:57 - Aug 16 with 3997 viewsZedRodgers

I find Osman annoying.

The way he thought he was entitled to credit for Mings was so desperate to watch.

I don't share his opinion on this either.

No, not at the moment

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:08 - Aug 16 with 3899 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:55 - Aug 16 by BobbyRobsonsZombies

Hmmm, think I remember seeing on the highlights Knudsen jogging back whilst Exeter attacked down the right wing with Chambers busting a gut to get over and cover. Hurst may have a couple of players in mind targeted with his outburst.
Don't forget Hurst is in a tricky position as he'd set his stall out as "not like MM" and taking cup competitions seriously.

Yeah, I saw Knudsen meandering back and not covering himself in glory.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:15 - Aug 16 with 3822 viewsJimmyJazz

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:45 - Aug 16 by Coco

It was just a flippant comment to stir things up. Interesting that Mariner replied with ‘PH not messing around’ which doesn’t have any negative tone attached.

One thing I felt his comments attempted to do was to encourage the new players to make their voice heard. If anyone was feeling unsure whether to speak up because they were new / less experienced then PH's comments gave his full approval for them to speak up. To the point that he hopes this will happen

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:23 - Aug 16 with 3742 viewshulltractor

I agreed with PH approach this time around as it was certainly warranted. Some may argue that those comments should be left in the dressing room or toned down for the press but on this occasion I agree. However, should it be common place then it may point to some deeper issues. You only have to think back to the Phil Brown finger wagging episode to his Hull players on the pitch at Man City to see where that got him. My hope is that the likes of Skuse and Chambo will back the manager and remind the new boys and the younger ones that PH is the manager and re-iterate his message.
Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:25 - Aug 16 with 3702 viewscobbler

And Osman managed what team in professional football?
Run along Russ your time here has gone.
Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:30 - Aug 16 with 3632 viewsReuser_is_God

Osman is a snowflake.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:32 - Aug 16 with 3617 viewsLeagueOne

All Hurst said was exactly what happened on the pitch, we have had years of watching pretty rubbish football and being told by the manager it was good afterward. He's right, they were bad and they let everyone down including him - it's nothing he's not going to say in the dressing room anyway. We were just bad and as Hurst said we were a full strength side playing a weakened Exeter... he's right to attack that.

The good thing about Hurst is he seems willing and prepared to drop those who aren't going to deliver the goods, so if people were expecting a classic easy-ride Ipswich job, they're getting something else and guess what, it's what we all wanted.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:34 - Aug 16 with 3579 viewsagentp

Comments in front of the camera are one thing. Comments behind the camera totally different. I just hope Hurst is doing this the right way. I Can remember the guy at Hull shaming is players publicly that didn't work out so well; admittedly a little more direct than Hurst.

let's see. It's a totally different approach to MM and that may not sit well with everyone. Hope his Man management is good. That skill becomes harder with employee status.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 12:35]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:36 - Aug 16 with 3554 viewsKeaneish

Osman's attack on Hurst on 11:49 - Aug 16 by ElephantintheRoom

Wasn't really an attack was it - more a comment on what he and most people see as very poor man management. There were a lot of new players and young players who barely knew each other, owing to a rather late transferfest by Hurst himself. It's an unfortunate repeat of his ungracious public carping about what he inherited. He could of course be right, but the players he inherited and promptly alienated had all been operating at a higher level than Hurst ever has - and probably contributed to the better ones going. Those like Osman pointing out this are merely highlighting public player criticism is unwise at best and rank bad at worst - and possibly a sign of a manager out of his depth

He never publicly criticised Individuals though. He criticised aspects of the teams play which relates to individual performances. There's a world of difference. I think what he's really said is that he's not prepared for players to not be counted and aspects of players games on Tuesday night weren't at the level required. As we lost, he's right.

It's about time players died for the shirt. We're not blessed with the most quality in the division. Work and hard graft are what is going to get us out if it and if players aren't up to it ie: maybe adeyemi who has been the only individual I can think of who has been criticised, then they're out.

Unlike MMs reign, we have a big enough squad with hungry enough players.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 12:37]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 3527 viewsLeagueOne

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:34 - Aug 16 by agentp

Comments in front of the camera are one thing. Comments behind the camera totally different. I just hope Hurst is doing this the right way. I Can remember the guy at Hull shaming is players publicly that didn't work out so well; admittedly a little more direct than Hurst.

let's see. It's a totally different approach to MM and that may not sit well with everyone. Hope his Man management is good. That skill becomes harder with employee status.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 12:35]

Mick was too busy attacking our support to worry about having a pop at our players post game. If Mick had been a bit more diplomatic he may have even survived longer here but he couldn't help but get himself into silly arguments with fans. The Norwich incident was absolutely pathetic.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:41 - Aug 16 with 3483 viewsBlueBadger

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:38 - Aug 16 by LeagueOne

Mick was too busy attacking our support to worry about having a pop at our players post game. If Mick had been a bit more diplomatic he may have even survived longer here but he couldn't help but get himself into silly arguments with fans. The Norwich incident was absolutely pathetic.

I quite agree. Imagine grown adults getting upset at a naughty word shouted in the heat of the moment at a football match.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:48 - Aug 16 with 3434 viewsagentp

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:38 - Aug 16 by LeagueOne

Not sure I see that as relevant. little old Mick shouting off wouldn't bother me.

MM to be fair; and i'm not his biggest fan, had the players loyalty and that's an underrated value. Hurst needs then onside.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:54 - Aug 16 with 3380 viewsTrumptonBlue

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:25 - Aug 16 by cobbler

And Osman managed what team in professional football?
Run along Russ your time here has gone.

Bristol City, Plymouth, Cardiff and Bristol Rovers.

Not for very long nor very successfully, mind.
Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:54 - Aug 16 with 3371 viewschristiand

For all Osman’s issues towards the club he does have a point. Clearly, PH is a very passionate man and wears his heart on his sleeve, which is terrific in some aspects, but I can see this having a negative effect on the side if this continues. It was only a couple of games ago he did the same against Braintree Town. In both cases a justified reaction, but if this becomes a regular event it just won’t have a positive impact in the long term. Let’s not forget 6 of the side that started against Exeter City were PH’s signings. I bet the press will get some terrific soundbites from him this season after games though.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 12:57]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:55 - Aug 16 with 3363 viewsclive_baker

I respect Osman as a player but it's rare that he speaks much sense about ITFC. Sorry but he's clueless

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024