Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers 11:49 - Aug 16 with 1967 viewswhymark4lazio0

It's only logical. The vast majority of the team were newcomers and youngsters. Hurst would have expected his captain and most senior player to step up to the plate. When Hurst said he asked for explanations in the dressing room and got nothing- who would you expect to speak up- the number one candidate has to be Chambers. He might have expected Knusden or Sears (the other experienced outfield pros) to also pipe up but Chambers should have had the most to contribute. I wasn't there but based on the radio commentary and reports- Chamber's and Knusden's contributions were poor and, at times, careless.

When we eventually get a new centre-half, I expect Chambers will be on his way out- gone in the next transfer window. Unless Knusden improves he will also be sold.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 11:51 - Aug 16 with 1946 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't make things up. You have no idea who he was talking about and Chambers stepped up to take a penalty.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 11:54 - Aug 16 with 1921 viewsKieran_Knows

I very much doubt that Hurst would call out any of his new signings - although, I did however think he might've thought Nsiala and Nolan may have said something given they know how he works etc (obviously this is speculative, just thought i'd throw it out there to see what people think though).

However, if it was the existing players, you could've picked anyone from Bart, Spence, Chambers, Knudsen, Sears or Ward. So to single Chambers out is a bit harsh in my opinion.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 1721 viewsSwailsey

Nonsense.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:02 - Aug 16 with 1610 viewswhymark4lazio0

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 11:54 - Aug 16 by Kieran_Knows

I very much doubt that Hurst would call out any of his new signings - although, I did however think he might've thought Nsiala and Nolan may have said something given they know how he works etc (obviously this is speculative, just thought i'd throw it out there to see what people think though).

However, if it was the existing players, you could've picked anyone from Bart, Spence, Chambers, Knudsen, Sears or Ward. So to single Chambers out is a bit harsh in my opinion.

It would have been very forward for those such as Donacien, jackson, Nolan or Nsiala (just finding their way in the championship) to speak out. Chalobah and Edun are young and new to the club. That (goalie aside) leaves- Ward, Sears, Knudsen and Chambers. I don't see Ward (a bit young) and Sears (a squad player) as natural leaders. It comes down to Knudsen and Chambers- these two should have been the most vocal on the pitch and in the dressing room. They see the whole game in front of them, they would have seen players not tracking runners and players playing out of position. They should have been Hurst's leaders on and off the pitch.

To be fair, there is a chance that Chambers did all of the above, he could have been shouting and just not getting a response, he could have been backing Hurst up in the dressing room. I did hear he got the players in a huddle after Jackson scored. I come back to the point that Hurst said he got virtually nothing back from the team - if Chambers had been a good captain on the night - surely Hurst would have acknowledged it.

I also suspect Hurst expects all of his team to step up and speak out- regardless of their age or experience. That would be right- if you're good enough to be in the first team you should speak out. A team can afford to have one or two quieter players but for a team to gel there needs to be blunt exchanges.

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:12 - Aug 16 with 1565 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I think he wants voices from everyone in there... I don't think you would necessarily expect one or two people to speak out before others in a dressing room but you'd want everybody to have their say and not be scared to point fingers.

The new lads need to speak out just as much as Chambers does... it's their team now too and if some players haven't pulled their weight and are letting others down then those feeling let down need to voice it and get it all out.
Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:22 - Aug 16 with 1512 viewswhymark4lazio0

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:12 - Aug 16 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I think he wants voices from everyone in there... I don't think you would necessarily expect one or two people to speak out before others in a dressing room but you'd want everybody to have their say and not be scared to point fingers.

The new lads need to speak out just as much as Chambers does... it's their team now too and if some players haven't pulled their weight and are letting others down then those feeling let down need to voice it and get it all out.

Agreed. Hopefully Exeter was a turning point. I'm totally supportive of Hurst's ideas. I hope he can win the full support of the senior professionals.

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:31 - Aug 16 with 1451 viewslazyblue

absolute rubbish!
Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 1436 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:22 - Aug 16 by whymark4lazio0

Agreed. Hopefully Exeter was a turning point. I'm totally supportive of Hurst's ideas. I hope he can win the full support of the senior professionals.

We have new faces along with new ideas and it would take the best manager in the world at least 'til Christmas to get them playing how he wants. I'm not worried about that whatsoever.

The only thing I am worried about is that you can bring in as much quality as you like but if the dressing room isn't a happy place then the results won't be good. You are more likely to get disharmony when you bring a lot of new people together then you will by gradually bringing one or two in at a time to blend in to the current environment.

A quiet dressing room is always an unhappy dressing room.
Login to get fewer ads

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:37 - Aug 16 with 1418 viewschristiand

No ones knows who PH was referring to, you’re speculating.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:56 - Aug 16 with 1344 viewswhymark4lazio0

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:37 - Aug 16 by christiand

No ones knows who PH was referring to, you’re speculating.

True. Isn't that what football fans do? Isn't that what this forum is for? To speculate, exchange ideas and opinions? There is a news sections for those that just want facts.

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 14:37 - Aug 16 with 1222 viewschristiand

Hurst's Anger was directed mainly at Chambers on 13:56 - Aug 16 by whymark4lazio0

True. Isn't that what football fans do? Isn't that what this forum is for? To speculate, exchange ideas and opinions? There is a news sections for those that just want facts.

Yep, said this many times, but it’s not factual because you’ve written something down in black and white. That’s where the problem lies.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 15:05]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024