Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... 17:53 - Aug 16 with 5961 viewsITFCBlues

“Should happen” is what he’s saying...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 17:55 - Aug 16 with 4870 viewsITFCBlues

IPSWICH. In with new bid for Curtis Tilt at Blackpool. Should happen. Rival keen too but not moved fast enough. More online or in paper.

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 17:56 - Aug 16 with 4836 viewsSpruceMoose

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 17:55 - Aug 16 by ITFCBlues

IPSWICH. In with new bid for Curtis Tilt at Blackpool. Should happen. Rival keen too but not moved fast enough. More online or in paper.

If Alan Nixon is saying it then I expect Tilt to sign for the Budgies any day now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:01 - Aug 16 with 4789 viewsITFCBlues

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 17:56 - Aug 16 by SpruceMoose

If Alan Nixon is saying it then I expect Tilt to sign for the Budgies any day now.

He’s usually fairly accurate.

He broke the Kayden Jackson interest before anyone else...

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:13 - Aug 16 with 4682 viewsWestover

Hope so he is the one we need it should have been done long ago.
Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:15 - Aug 16 with 4668 viewsCoco

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 17:56 - Aug 16 by SpruceMoose

I know it’s fashionable to dismiss anything from Twitter but Nixon is usually accurate.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:25 - Aug 16 with 4592 viewsDevereuxxx

I've always taken his tweets with a pinch of salt since his 'Harry Bunn to Ipswich - should get done' tweet last year.

But, surely means that the two clubs are still talking, not likely he's plucked it from nowhere.
Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:27 - Aug 16 with 4570 viewspennblue

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:25 - Aug 16 by Devereuxxx

I've always taken his tweets with a pinch of salt since his 'Harry Bunn to Ipswich - should get done' tweet last year.

But, surely means that the two clubs are still talking, not likely he's plucked it from nowhere.

Well if Evans saw Tuesday night, he knows we are already in the sh*t. Years of underinvestment coming to fruition.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:27 - Aug 16 with 4568 viewsbournemouthblue

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:25 - Aug 16 by Devereuxxx

Didn't Bunn go to Rochdale in the end? That was a random one, I assume he was local to the area

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:32 - Aug 16 with 4536 viewsKieran_Knows

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:27 - Aug 16 by bournemouthblue

Didn't Bunn go to Rochdale in the end? That was a random one, I assume he was local to the area

It was Bury.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:32 - Aug 16 with 4535 viewssundaze

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:27 - Aug 16 by pennblue

Well if Evans saw Tuesday night, he knows we are already in the sh*t. Years of underinvestment coming to fruition.

It was another typical cup display, just like they have been for the last five years at least.
Good to see you are not over reacting though.
Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:47 - Aug 16 with 4450 viewsMeltonBlue

Is it possible we could offer one or two of our young players on loan as a sweetener..
Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 19:10 - Aug 16 with 4319 viewsVic

I like the look of Tilt, but must confess that looking at the defence at the moment I think I’d have been looking at someone more experienced. Hurst has some guts to still go with the policy, I’ll give him that,
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 19:15]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 19:13 - Aug 16 with 4295 viewsPlums

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 18:47 - Aug 16 by MeltonBlue

Is it possible we could offer one or two of our young players on loan as a sweetener..

To Blackpool? I think we have a duty of care to them.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 19:33 - Aug 16 with 4161 viewsITFCBlues

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 19:10 - Aug 16 by Vic

I like the look of Tilt, but must confess that looking at the defence at the moment I think I’d have been looking at someone more experienced. Hurst has some guts to still go with the policy, I’ll give him that,

Well why wouldn’t he? He’s probably not stupid enough to think that 2-3 games in anyway suggests that this policy isn’t going to work...

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 19:44 - Aug 16 with 4086 viewspointofblue

Interestingly I noticed he played against Barnsley in the cup on Tuesday; they obviously weren't concerned about cup-tieing him and he was happy enough to play.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:00 - Aug 16 with 4007 viewsStewart27

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 19:44 - Aug 16 by pointofblue

Interestingly I noticed he played against Barnsley in the cup on Tuesday; they obviously weren't concerned about cup-tieing him and he was happy enough to play.

I don’t think they need to worry about an Ipswich bound player being cup tied.
Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:05 - Aug 16 with 3965 viewsJ2BLUE

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 19:44 - Aug 16 by pointofblue

I doubt cup tying him would have been a deal breaker for us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:15 - Aug 16 with 3900 viewsVic

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 19:33 - Aug 16 by ITFCBlues

Well why wouldn’t he? He’s probably not stupid enough to think that 2-3 games in anyway suggests that this policy isn’t going to work...

I totally agree regarding the policy thing, it absolutely shouldn’t be ripped up! But personally I think Luke chambers is struggling to adapt. He’s a great pro, but from what I’ve seen live and in highlights of other games, he doesn’t look comfortable with the new style. For this reason I’d like to see a hairy bummed old boy with loads of experience come in, even for just one season to help the young lads along. Someone like a Mogga or De Vos - someone who reads the game and can talk the youngsters through it.

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:16 - Aug 16 with 3894 viewsGromheort

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 19:10 - Aug 16 by Vic

Surely its just rationality? The highest chance of success is bringing on players from lower league; the highest chance of doing nothing but minimise risk is to focus on the 'experienced'
Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:26 - Aug 16 with 3844 viewsVic

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:16 - Aug 16 by Gromheort

Surely its just rationality? The highest chance of success is bringing on players from lower league; the highest chance of doing nothing but minimise risk is to focus on the 'experienced'

I don’t want us to focus on experience, I just think that an old, wise head would help. If this is a project that will take a couple of years I think it would probably ease things along to bring in some experience - especially with Woolfie now doing so well.

I’m not saying he’s wrong, I’m just saying it’s not the way I’d do it! I’m probably more risk averse than him, and I admire his confidence in his judgement.

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:30 - Aug 16 with 3822 viewsJ2BLUE

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:15 - Aug 16 by Vic

I totally agree regarding the policy thing, it absolutely shouldn’t be ripped up! But personally I think Luke chambers is struggling to adapt. He’s a great pro, but from what I’ve seen live and in highlights of other games, he doesn’t look comfortable with the new style. For this reason I’d like to see a hairy bummed old boy with loads of experience come in, even for just one season to help the young lads along. Someone like a Mogga or De Vos - someone who reads the game and can talk the youngsters through it.

Based on you saying games and highlights I assume you haven't seen all THREE games? Far too early to be judging Chambers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:52 - Aug 16 with 3701 viewsVic

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:30 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

Based on you saying games and highlights I assume you haven't seen all THREE games? Far too early to be judging Chambers.

No, just the one at home. Not really judging him, just commenting that I thought he looked very uncomfortable with the ball in the first game, and reports suggest he had a bit of a mare on Tuesday. I’m sure he’ll pull though it, but I just think he might be struggling. Just my take and hope I’m proved wrong.

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:54 - Aug 16 with 3691 viewsGromheort

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:26 - Aug 16 by Vic

I don’t want us to focus on experience, I just think that an old, wise head would help. If this is a project that will take a couple of years I think it would probably ease things along to bring in some experience - especially with Woolfie now doing so well.

I’m not saying he’s wrong, I’m just saying it’s not the way I’d do it! I’m probably more risk averse than him, and I admire his confidence in his judgement.

There's nothing from risk aversity. That just encourages the bland and the defensive. Now is the time to be attacking. A focus on the lower league is our only hope to get out of our long term position of Norman in football (apologies to the Normans amongst us)
Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 23:58 - Aug 16 with 3228 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 20:30 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

Everybody knows he isn’t a particularly gifted footballer.
Alan Nixon saying we’re back in with another bid for Tilt... on 00:22 - Aug 17 with 3179 viewsmos

We get knocked out of the cups, you needn’t worry.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024