Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking 21:07 - Aug 16 with 21292 viewspickles110564

Made her feel scared again like when she was a child. He should be ashamed.
How can you supporters of his not deny how bad he has behaved?
How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:17 - Aug 17 with 2206 viewsGlasgowBlue

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:13 - Aug 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Some Muslims would overstate levels of Islamophobia for political gain......there I've said it.......shoot me!

But would you accuse the Muslim Council of Britain, the group who represent the largest number of British Muslims, of overstating the levels of Islamophobia for political gain?

Would you?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:18 - Aug 17 with 2201 viewsGlasgowBlue

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:16 - Aug 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

I mean who would want to use actual "recorded" facts.......madness!

Make it 7 a day to get to the 1000's then..... they have to be verifiable to Labour members though!
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 21:18]

Maths not you strong point Banksy?

Iron Lion Zion

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:20 - Aug 17 with 2199 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:08 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

Oh do piss off Banksy.

Game set match.......I dare say my abuse reporting vigilante will be along shortly!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:24 - Aug 17 with 2194 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:17 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

But would you accuse the Muslim Council of Britain, the group who represent the largest number of British Muslims, of overstating the levels of Islamophobia for political gain?

Would you?

Only individual members if the evidence warranted it. Anyway do you want me to engage with you or piss off.......#confusing

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:26 - Aug 17 with 2191 viewsGlasgowBlue

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:20 - Aug 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Game set match.......I dare say my abuse reporting vigilante will be along shortly!

You are a troll. But even worse you are trolling about racism. You have been called out for posting at least 4 anti semitic tropes and you haven't onec apologised or denied it.

Frankly you disgust me. And if you want to report that for abuse then go ahead.

Oh and here are you three for today. Found in seconds. If I wanted to waste any more time and effort on you I would post more.

Iron Lion Zion

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:27 - Aug 17 with 2190 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:18 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

Maths not you strong point Banksy?

To be thousands it has to be plural thousands not one so 2000/365=5.8 so call it 6 then. English not your strong point Glasgow😉!
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 21:29]

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:30 - Aug 17 with 2182 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:26 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

You are a troll. But even worse you are trolling about racism. You have been called out for posting at least 4 anti semitic tropes and you haven't onec apologised or denied it.

Oh and here are you three for today. Found in seconds. If I wanted to waste any more time and effort on you I would post more.

Just 3 more for today then!

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:32 - Aug 17 with 2189 viewsJ2BLUE

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:26 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

Final solution, holy sh1t.

How much of that can be pinned on Corbyn though? I appreciate he needs to introduce a zero tolerance policy to stamp it out so he isn't innocent but those comments are not his.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:34 - Aug 17 with 2175 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Am I meant to click on that or just read what I can see ?
I don't do twitter so you may have to walk me through it, where are the other 2 or 5?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 21:36]

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:38 - Aug 17 with 2171 viewsGlasgowBlue

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:32 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

How much of that can be pinned on Corbyn though? I appreciate he needs to introduce a zero tolerance policy to stamp it out so he isn't innocent but those comments are not his.

He's been complicit in it being normalised and it is out of his control. You have seen some of his apologists on here. The deny it happens and call it smears.

What sort of signal do you think he has sent out to his cult followers after years of associating with and supporting antisemites, Holocaust deniers and Blood Libelers.

Pandora's box is well and truly open. Just look at the comments from Len Mccluskey. Labour has pretty much declared war on the British Jewish community.

Iron Lion Zion

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:39 - Aug 17 with 2168 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:38 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

He's been complicit in it being normalised and it is out of his control. You have seen some of his apologists on here. The deny it happens and call it smears.

What sort of signal do you think he has sent out to his cult followers after years of associating with and supporting antisemites, Holocaust deniers and Blood Libelers.

Pandora's box is well and truly open. Just look at the comments from Len Mccluskey. Labour has pretty much declared war on the British Jewish community.

And you have the temerity to call me a troll!

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:39 - Aug 17 with 2168 viewsGlasgowBlue

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:34 - Aug 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Am I meant to click on that or just read what I can see ?
I don't do twitter so you may have to walk me through it, where are the other 2 or 5?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 21:36]

I refer you to my earlier reply. I am sure others can see that this really isn't a good look from you Banksy.

I am done with your trolling.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 21:40]

Iron Lion Zion

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 2137 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:39 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

I refer you to my earlier reply. I am sure others can see that this really isn't a good look from you Banksy.

I am done with your trolling.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 21:40]

Just pm me 5 names a day of party members with a link to what they said and we can save the rest of the forum the pain and get to the bottom of who the troll is! To be honest example one is short of detail!

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 22:28 - Aug 17 with 2110 viewsjaykay

honest and straight question, is judaism a race or religion .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 22:43 - Aug 17 with 2103 viewslowhouseblue

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/everyone-getting-very-exc

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 23:19 - Aug 17 with 2080 viewsClapham_Junction

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 22:28 - Aug 17 by jaykay

Both. Jews are an ethno-religious group. You can be a Jewish and an atheist.

The Druze are another example.
How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 23:31 - Aug 17 with 2058 viewsDarth_Koont

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 20:56 - Aug 17 by giant_stow

Yeah i did and immediately tried to imagine him talking in those terms about black people complaining about racism. His feet wouldn't touch the ground, but Jews are fair game apparently.

But completely different in reality.

The Jewish community by and large have an affinity for Israel and its an important part of their identity. Unfortunately that means there's a tendency for many to see an attack against Israel as an attack against them. It becomes a tribal issue, literally and figuratively.

That context is very difficult to apply to black people. Even if you attacked say a Liberian regime on humanitarian grounds the majority of black people would look at it on those merits before playing the race card or feeling personally attacked.

It's just this type of complication that makes the bandying around of antisemitism accusations so bad for the debate but nevertheless so effective at shutting the debate down and silencing legitimate opposition. Even if you're Jewish yourself and are against the extremes of the Israeli government and the settlers.

Pronouns: He/Him

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 23:37 - Aug 17 with 2047 viewsDarth_Koont

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 21:32 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

I believe the approach is to say that these comments are "in Corbyn's name".

Absolutely disgraceful comments that are then cynically used to further an agenda. I'm not sure which is worst to be honest in terms of spreading hate and lies.

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 01:01 - Aug 18 with 1982 viewslowhouseblue

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 23:37 - Aug 17 by Darth_Koont

I believe the approach is to say that these comments are "in Corbyn's name".

Absolutely disgraceful comments that are then cynically used to further an agenda. I'm not sure which is worst to be honest in terms of spreading hate and lies.

so you persist in saying that people are calling out anti-semitismin such as that in order to get at corbyn. and then you say "I'm not sure which is worst to be honest" between that and people calling for a 'final solution to' to the 'problem' of 'nasty jewish people'.

you really should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 02:19 - Aug 18 with 1937 viewsphillymark

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 22:28 - Aug 17 by jaykay

Thanks for the honest question.

As a Jew I am obligated to give more than one answer!

I'm using http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm as a guide but I've added stuff too (I have taught in Jewish institutions for over 20 years, in all denominations, so I think I'm somewhat qualified)

Religion? Well clearly there is a religion called Judaism, but it is not as simple as that. Many many people maintain their Jewishness without being observant at all. For many it is not a contradiction to call oneself a "Jewish atheist". More than 50% of Israeli Jews call themselves "secular" but they certainly consider themselves to be Jewish. Not sure there are as many people that would call themselves "Atheist Muslims" or "Atheist Anglicans". I might be wrong, but I think Judaism is somewhat unique here

Race? The US Supreme court says yes, but only in terms of who falls into discrimination laws. In my opinion, no. But that's because I don't really think there are "races" as such. As it is pretty difficult (at least historically, changed somewhat now) to convert into Judaism and we don't proselytize, many Jews do have certain genetic traits through common ancestry (according to ancestry.com I have over 90% ashkenazi Jewish ancestry) - eg higher prevalence of certain diseases such as Tay Sachs. But you can convert and therefore we are not a race - I can't convert to being Asian as a comparison

So what are we?
A culture? somewhat. But the cultural differences between ashkenazi and sephardi Jews are reasonably large so this is not quite it either

A nation? that's actually what the Bible says (for what that's worth). What does this mean? It means "a group of people with a common history, a common destiny, and a sense that we are all connected to each other". The word "nation" has a different meaning today and probably applies less nowadays (though the great zionist thinker Ahad Ha'am would disagree)

The article finishes in a soppy way, suggesting "family". That's a bit too Hallmark for me. I'm sorry I can't give you a definitive answer but different Jews would give you a different answer. We are certainly a distinct minority. We are a religion, a culture and a nation - different Jews would choose different orders to put them in.

Hope this helped
How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 04:54 - Aug 18 with 1851 viewsRyorry

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 20:37 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

Are you saying that the British Jewish community are making up antisemitism for political reasons?

Are you really wanting to go down that route?

I didn't interpret his comments like that at all tbf.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 08:36 - Aug 18 with 1771 viewsDarth_Koont

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 01:01 - Aug 18 by lowhouseblue

so you persist in saying that people are calling out anti-semitismin such as that in order to get at corbyn. and then you say "I'm not sure which is worst to be honest" between that and people calling for a 'final solution to' to the 'problem' of 'nasty jewish people'.

you really should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

What a surprise.

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 08:40 - Aug 18 with 1761 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 04:54 - Aug 18 by Ryorry

It's almost like Glasgow is interpreting things for political reasons!

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 08:45 - Aug 18 with 1751 viewslowhouseblue

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 08:36 - Aug 18 by Darth_Koont

What a surprise.

seriously, you draw an equivalence between calling out anti-semitism (whatever secondary motives someone may have) and people calling for a 'final solution to' to the 'problem' of 'nasty jewish people'. and you're not sure which is worse. that's completely disgraceful and you need to ask yourself how you have you've ended up posting something like that. perhaps it's just a throw away comment or you think it's a clever line - but your determination to excuse this stuff has led you somewhere nasty.

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 08:45 - Aug 18 with 1751 viewsGlasgowBlue

How Dame Margaret Hodge has been treated by Corbyn is shocking on 04:54 - Aug 18 by Ryorry

He is saying that some of the complaints are false flags.

Who is is he suggesting is behind the false flagging then? Because the board of deputies and other groups representing the interests of British Jews are the people who are leading the way in highlighting the current wave of antisemitism in the Labour Party.

The few examples that I have posted yesterday aren’t false flags. They are real cases of anti semites abuse.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 8:45]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024