Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) 14:32 - Aug 17 with 2755 viewsAlong

....marathon. (n/t) on 14:33 - Aug 17 with 1985 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

....marathon. (n/t) on 14:36 - Aug 17 with 1973 viewsAlong

....marathon. (n/t) on 14:33 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Was thinking if someone had, they would probably know what I was referring to...
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:39 - Aug 17 with 1957 viewsTractorWood

Na that's sub 7:30 miles. I'm in that neighborhood for a 10k but not a half.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:40 - Aug 17 with 1950 viewsSpruceMoose

I can probably eat a subway sandwich in under 90 seconds if that helps at all?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:40 - Aug 17 with 1944 viewsusm

Yes

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:44 - Aug 17 with 1928 viewsAlong

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:40 - Aug 17 by usm

Yes

Brief summary of training please?
....marathon. (n/t) on 14:45 - Aug 17 with 1922 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

....marathon. (n/t) on 14:36 - Aug 17 by Along

Was thinking if someone had, they would probably know what I was referring to...

;-)

....you probably can run a sub 90 half if you keep taking short cuts.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:47 - Aug 17 with 1909 viewsIP33

If it was all downhill then maybe
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:48 - Aug 17 with 1903 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:47 - Aug 17 by IP33

If it was all downhill then maybe

If I was falling from a plane, then maybe.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:56 - Aug 17 with 1889 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nope. 99 minutes was my best in 2016. Although I am in my mid fifties so I think that is decent.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:08 - Aug 17 with 1864 viewssolemio

Yes, but not since the 1980s. I could probably do a sub 5-hour half now!
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:14 - Aug 17 with 1847 viewsAlong

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:39 - Aug 17 by TractorWood

Na that's sub 7:30 miles. I'm in that neighborhood for a 10k but not a half.

Been training at sub 7 min miles over two 5 mile intervals , hoping it will translate over full distance
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:18 - Aug 17 with 1831 viewsusm

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 14:44 - Aug 17 by Along

Brief summary of training please?

Sorry I misunderstood your question

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:18 - Aug 17 with 1832 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:14 - Aug 17 by Along

Been training at sub 7 min miles over two 5 mile intervals , hoping it will translate over full distance

Have you done competitive running before? I shaved nearly two minutes a mile off my training time purely because of the pace other runners were setting and the atmosphere of the crowd cheering us all on.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:23 - Aug 17 with 1816 viewsAlong

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:18 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

Have you done competitive running before? I shaved nearly two minutes a mile off my training time purely because of the pace other runners were setting and the atmosphere of the crowd cheering us all on.

No, never done a race, well not this sort of distance
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:26 - Aug 17 with 1805 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:23 - Aug 17 by Along

No, never done a race, well not this sort of distance

So much different to training on your own. So if you are running at a good pace in training then you'll smash it on the actual run.

I did a trial half marathon on the Tuesday at over two hours and on the sunday did the same distance competitively at 1 hour 39 minutes.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:26 - Aug 17 with 1804 viewsdirtyboy

I remember when I started training for the London marathon in 2009 I wanted to go sub 3 hours. I was on track too...I vividly remember the first few 3.5 mile runs I did round the village were sub 23 mins and I managed a 8 mile run in 55 mins, well below the sub 1 hour I was aiming for, this being a couple of months into training.

I went out the Sunday after that to get a longer 'easy' run on a freezing February morning and ended up with an achilles injury and didn't run again until the actual day of the marathon...where I nailed a 4hr 24 min time lol!!

I've not run more than 5 miles in the 9 years since and never will I suspect...(other than Tough Mudders, but they're not really the same)

Going to have a go at the park run for the first time tomorrow...god knows how i'll get on, aiming for 29 mins just to keep up with my 11 year old daugter.
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:28 - Aug 17 with 1795 viewsAlong

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:26 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

So much different to training on your own. So if you are running at a good pace in training then you'll smash it on the actual run.

I did a trial half marathon on the Tuesday at over two hours and on the sunday did the same distance competitively at 1 hour 39 minutes.

Cool well done, just difficult to know how to Pace it, want to get a sub 90 but don't want to blow out towards end
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:29 - Aug 17 with 1790 viewsBrianTablet

1:22.

Lots of miles in training.
1 x intervals
1 x tempo
1 x long run

Some miles at race pace.

Choose a flat course on a still, cool day.

Don't eat /drink anything during the race. You don't need it.

Take a risk.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:33 - Aug 17 with 1780 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:28 - Aug 17 by Along

Cool well done, just difficult to know how to Pace it, want to get a sub 90 but don't want to blow out towards end

It's very hard to not get carried away at the start and try to keep up with the elite athletes. If you do that you will be knackered after 5 miles.

On the Glasgow half marathon there were pace runners carrying flags showing finishing times. Find the bloke with the 90 minute flag and keep him in sight all of the way.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:37 - Aug 17 with 1766 viewsTractorWood

Nice. I'd mix your speed work up with longer slower stuff. Throw some swimming in too. I've noticed a massive difference in the last 3 weeks by swimming 800m's 3 times a week.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:40 - Aug 17 with 1756 viewsAlong

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:33 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

It's very hard to not get carried away at the start and try to keep up with the elite athletes. If you do that you will be knackered after 5 miles.

On the Glasgow half marathon there were pace runners carrying flags showing finishing times. Find the bloke with the 90 minute flag and keep him in sight all of the way.

Is only a small event, no pacers here!
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:42 - Aug 17 with 1744 viewsAlong

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:26 - Aug 17 by dirtyboy

I remember when I started training for the London marathon in 2009 I wanted to go sub 3 hours. I was on track too...I vividly remember the first few 3.5 mile runs I did round the village were sub 23 mins and I managed a 8 mile run in 55 mins, well below the sub 1 hour I was aiming for, this being a couple of months into training.

I went out the Sunday after that to get a longer 'easy' run on a freezing February morning and ended up with an achilles injury and didn't run again until the actual day of the marathon...where I nailed a 4hr 24 min time lol!!

I've not run more than 5 miles in the 9 years since and never will I suspect...(other than Tough Mudders, but they're not really the same)

Going to have a go at the park run for the first time tomorrow...god knows how i'll get on, aiming for 29 mins just to keep up with my 11 year old daugter.

That's a decent time on no training! Sub 3 hour marathon is a seriously hard goal.
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:46 - Aug 17 with 1729 viewsdirtyboy

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:37 - Aug 17 by TractorWood

Nice. I'd mix your speed work up with longer slower stuff. Throw some swimming in too. I've noticed a massive difference in the last 3 weeks by swimming 800m's 3 times a week.

I'm swimming and cyling more now, much easier on the body!

How quick are you doing 800m? I'm usually just under 14 mins f/c snuck into 12's back in June, but that was a serious effort.

Really enjoying it, but hate getting passed by the 10 year olds lol!
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:48 - Aug 17 with 1725 viewsAlong

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:37 - Aug 17 by TractorWood

Yeah I do my slow 10 to 13 miles runs at about 8.30 pace, wish I had time for some cross training or weights but can only just about fit in the running
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024