Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TMS not happy with the test selection 10:40 - Aug 18 with 687 viewsKeno

Must admit I feel sorry for Curren

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TMS not happy with the test selection on 11:20 - Aug 18 with 648 viewsfactual_blue

Stokes is more of a fighter though.

(I made this excellent joke yesterday as well)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TMS not happy with the test selection on 11:21 - Aug 18 with 646 viewsKeno

TMS not happy with the test selection on 11:20 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Stokes is more of a fighter though.

(I made this excellent joke yesterday as well)

I missed it yesterday, its has a good punchline

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TMS not happy with the test selection on 11:28 - Aug 18 with 637 viewstractorshark

Agree with them.
Forget sympathy for Curran for a moment, no one in that last Test deserved to be dropped.
Yes, Stokes played in the First Test but then he had to miss the Second because of the court case.
His replacement, Woakes, played well but so did Curran.
It sets a dangerous precedent that if you’re an established team member, you’re pretty much untouchable.
Stokes may well have been found innocent but there’s no denying the fact he was involved in a fight outside a club he shouldn’t have been in, at a time when he shouldn’t have been out.
I have no problem with him returning, the court case is over. I just think he should have been made to wait until a change was needed in the team.
And that’s out of respect for the way others have performed in this series, not because he deserves some additional punishment.
TMS not happy with the test selection on 11:28 - Aug 18 with 630 viewsfactual_blue

TMS not happy with the test selection on 11:21 - Aug 18 by Keno

I missed it yesterday, its has a good punchline

I always try to make a decent fist of a joke.

TMS not happy with the test selection on 11:30 - Aug 18 with 629 viewsfactual_blue

TMS not happy with the test selection on 11:28 - Aug 18 by tractorshark

Agree with them.
Forget sympathy for Curran for a moment, no one in that last Test deserved to be dropped.
Yes, Stokes played in the First Test but then he had to miss the Second because of the court case.
His replacement, Woakes, played well but so did Curran.
It sets a dangerous precedent that if you’re an established team member, you’re pretty much untouchable.
Stokes may well have been found innocent but there’s no denying the fact he was involved in a fight outside a club he shouldn’t have been in, at a time when he shouldn’t have been out.
I have no problem with him returning, the court case is over. I just think he should have been made to wait until a change was needed in the team.
And that’s out of respect for the way others have performed in this series, not because he deserves some additional punishment.

Innocent or guilty, not all that many years ago he'd never have played for England again.

Now money talks, and he's box office.

#murdochhasnomorals

TMS not happy with the test selection on 12:06 - Aug 18 with 591 viewstractorshark

TMS not happy with the test selection on 11:30 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Innocent or guilty, not all that many years ago he'd never have played for England again.

Now money talks, and he's box office.

#murdochhasnomorals

That's not true though, is it?
Botham got into many scrapes and scraps and still played.
As did others.
Half the team went on a banned tour to South Africa, Atherton was done for blatant ball-tampering.
Stokes doesn't deserve to be ditched from England for ever and the court case is over, whether you or I agree with the verdict or not.
But he also doesn't deserve to take the place of Curran, who has performed well all series, or Woakes who was excellent in the last Test.
And if he doesn't like that, he should take a good, long look at himself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024