Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My sincere thanks to the referee 17:37 - Aug 18 with 6010 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One of the worst referees I can remember for some time.

But he may just prove to be a massive turning point for our season. Our boys had to play like lions for almost 60 minutes against a top team and the belief this young, inexperienced team will take from that is enormous.

It’s united the fans, the players, the whole group and those players know we could even have won against one of the best teams in the division, a man down and with a referee completely against us. That gives you belief you can beat anyone in the division.

Donacien was great. Nsiala was a beast. Chambers was mostly immense. Every player can hold their heads high. What a thoroughly entertaining match.

The referee was a joke but he may just have kickstarted this group through his ineptitude.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:30 - Aug 18 with 2046 viewsjeera

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:24 - Aug 18 by jaykay

having a little trouble in answering the right post tonight.

I'm just going to have pizza I think.

What about you?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:36 - Aug 18 with 2033 viewsBraveDave

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:30 - Aug 18 by jeera

I'm just going to have pizza I think.

What about you?

I have absolutely no idea what's going on - that's life in general.

But to answer your question, about 10pm if I get a move on
My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:37 - Aug 18 with 2028 viewsm14_blue

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:36 - Aug 18 by BraveDave

I have absolutely no idea what's going on - that's life in general.

But to answer your question, about 10pm if I get a move on

Junction 32 and then A6 surely?
My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:38 - Aug 18 with 2024 viewsjeera

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:37 - Aug 18 by m14_blue

I heard it's supposed to warm up a bit later in the week.

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:39 - Aug 18 with 2018 viewsBraveDave

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:37 - Aug 18 by m14_blue

Ridiculous, he didn't even touch the ball. Hang your head in shame
My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:39 - Aug 18 with 2016 viewspointofblue

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:38 - Aug 18 by jeera

I heard it's supposed to warm up a bit later in the week.

Only if I get the bus.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:41 - Aug 18 with 2011 viewsjeera

My sincere thanks to the referee on 19:39 - Aug 18 by BraveDave

Ridiculous, he didn't even touch the ball. Hang your head in shame

I know! They're sending an actual probe to the Sun.

Madness.

My sincere thanks to the referee on 20:02 - Aug 18 with 1974 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My sincere thanks to the referee on 18:21 - Aug 18 by Currie10

Jesus it's a stone wall yellow card.

If it was the other way we'd be screaming for a red.

Lets get our biased hats off for a second shall we.

The rest of the refs performance MAY have been toilet.

The first yellow sounds a joke but not seen it.

However, that's academic with the red. He's given the ref zero choice but to issue a second yellow.

I look forward to someone without complete bias agreeing with me later.

Absolute shame, but the player knew.

Every single commentator I have heard said they were both very harsh. Admittedly, Brenner Woolley and Phil could be accused of showing bias but Sky certainly are not.

It was clearly a very harsh decision, although I take your point that players should not make challenges unless they absolutely have to after they have been booked.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

My sincere thanks to the referee on 20:34 - Aug 18 with 1920 viewsHennikerBlu

My sincere thanks to the referee on 20:02 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Every single commentator I have heard said they were both very harsh. Admittedly, Brenner Woolley and Phil could be accused of showing bias but Sky certainly are not.

It was clearly a very harsh decision, although I take your point that players should not make challenges unless they absolutely have to after they have been booked.

The problem is consistency, in my experience of watching footie you usually have to commit about four yellow card offences to get one or two. Certainly the WC demonstrated that with a lot of leniency shown outside of the box. Pro refs usually talk about doing all that they can to keep 22 players on the pitch in order for it to remain a spectacle.

I do think there was an opportunity to give him a final warning, though he did not help himself by going to ground and getting nothing on the ball. Against the more experienced sides we need to learn they will use every opportunity to encourage the ref to make decisions. If anything these sort of challenges should be last ditch rather than in the middle of the park where there is no immediate threat to goal.
My sincere thanks to the referee on 22:19 - Aug 18 with 1847 viewsCurrie10

My sincere thanks to the referee on 20:02 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's more the point than anything.

You DON'T go flying in like that when booked.

Very, very naive.
My sincere thanks to the referee on 22:22 - Aug 18 with 1846 viewsKropotkin123

My sincere thanks to the referee on 18:06 - Aug 18 by Currie10

Okay cannot comment on his general display, or first yellow as it wasn't in the highlights I saw.

However, what I CAN say for categorical fact - Edun - what the hell are you doing for the second.

You're already booked, not really any massive danger and you go and do that.

You left the ref with absolutely no choice but to send you off.

I have never seen you contribute a single positive post. Div listed

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

My sincere thanks to the referee on 22:23 - Aug 18 with 1845 viewsjeera

My sincere thanks to the referee on 22:19 - Aug 18 by Currie10

That's more the point than anything.

You DON'T go flying in like that when booked.

Very, very naive.

It was naive, but he is young and so is entitled to be naive.

It could be pointed out as a professional he could have been smarter.

Maybe his captain or another senior could have warned him.

It is also true the ref was over zealous.

Done.

My sincere thanks to the referee on 22:28 - Aug 18 with 1839 viewsWarkylegend

Thought exactly the same. Galvanised the players and fans and after today's game I went home today feeling like this is now hurst's team and that the new era has now truly started.
My sincere thanks to the referee on 07:02 - Aug 19 with 1766 viewsWBBlue18

My sincere thanks to the referee on 18:21 - Aug 18 by Currie10

Jesus it's a stone wall yellow card.

If it was the other way we'd be screaming for a red.

Lets get our biased hats off for a second shall we.

The rest of the refs performance MAY have been toilet.

The first yellow sounds a joke but not seen it.

However, that's academic with the red. He's given the ref zero choice but to issue a second yellow.

I look forward to someone without complete bias agreeing with me later.

Absolute shame, but the player knew.

I’m not sure it was even a foul - looked like he got the ball first from my angle. The first one he def got the ball and slid into the player afterwards through momentum. The twitter feed even had “great tackle by Edun” followed by “ref blows for a foul though” then “and books Edun”. PH didn’t think the second was even a foul when he was interviewed after the match. So Edun is young, commits three fouls, two of which are dubious as to whether they were fouls, and the ref books him twice. Very poor refereeing as he should have spoken to him and his captain to ask him to calm down - that’s how you are supposed to hide young inexperienced players. I noticed none of our players even thought it necessary to go a defend Edun so they must have assumed he was getting the “calm down” talk....
My sincere thanks to the referee on 07:42 - Aug 19 with 1748 viewsfergalsharkey

My sincere thanks to the referee on 18:25 - Aug 18 by m14_blue

There's not a lot of grey areas in your world is there?

He has grey carpet in his house, ive seen it.

Poll: Cook out?

My sincere thanks to the referee on 07:54 - Aug 19 with 1746 viewsBlueRaider

Okay cannot comment on his general display, or first yellow as it wasn't in the highlights I saw.

However, what I CAN say for categorical fact - Edun - what the hell are you doing for the second.

He was silly to make that challenge, but it didn’t warrant a yellow

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

My sincere thanks to the referee on 07:56 - Aug 19 with 1744 viewsBlueRaider

My sincere thanks to the referee on 18:19 - Aug 18 by m14_blue

It was a bit naive and silly to give the ref the option.

Still think it was harsh though, certainly didn't think it was anything like as clear cut as you suggest.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 18:21]

I meant to up arrow that not down arrow it !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

My sincere thanks to the referee on 08:38 - Aug 19 with 1721 viewsGlasgowBlue

They year we were relegated we qualified for Europe under the fair play league. I’d rather see players trying to win every challenge even if they make the wrong call from time to time.

We will win more points with a team of players like that.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

My sincere thanks to the referee on 08:46 - Aug 19 with 1715 viewsCurrie10

My sincere thanks to the referee on 08:38 - Aug 19 by GlasgowBlue

They year we were relegated we qualified for Europe under the fair play league. I’d rather see players trying to win every challenge even if they make the wrong call from time to time.

We will win more points with a team of players like that.

I hope so !

Like us to get the monkey off our back v Derby
Agreed on 10:32 - Aug 19 with 1652 viewsDyland

The referee played a big role in uniting the fans and making a decent atmosphere. I know it's overused and is not always appropriate but he really was shocking.

Some older Villa "boys" I was talking to at the station agreed. He ruined (and perversely) made the game. They also had interesting comments about Grealish, remarking how he doesn't shoot enough, always takes that one extra turn/dribble. They enjoyed the trip to PR though and even said they would have taken the result before the game.

There's little denying Grealish is a fantastic talent but he doesn't need to go down so easily. It's pretty pathetic, especially when you have a ref who's behaving as if Bruce has had a word in his ear before the game.

Town were excellent and could have won that. It's very positive to come back from another feeble cup performance with that. We are building a squad with players who are looking like they can/will step up. Edwards and Nolan have real quality and intent. Donacien had a good game after looking a bit shaky in the opener. Nsiala and the established defenders and Skuse also played very well, generally.

Harrison is a handful, and a clever player; Jackson looks decent, and could have had two. There are question marks about how many goals they can get playing a lone striker role, but let's give them time. Neither look out of their depth with their general play.

It's very early days. Hurst needs to be given time. I mean months. A year plus, even. And I'll say it again and again, that regardless of the results so far and over the next few weeks, there are few reasons not to be positive and even cautiously optimistic, or dare I say it... er... excited? Foooootball! Miserable sods sshhh yous, now :)

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Agreed on 10:35 - Aug 19 with 1640 viewsHennikerBlu

Agreed on 10:32 - Aug 19 by Dyland

The referee played a big role in uniting the fans and making a decent atmosphere. I know it's overused and is not always appropriate but he really was shocking.

Some older Villa "boys" I was talking to at the station agreed. He ruined (and perversely) made the game. They also had interesting comments about Grealish, remarking how he doesn't shoot enough, always takes that one extra turn/dribble. They enjoyed the trip to PR though and even said they would have taken the result before the game.

There's little denying Grealish is a fantastic talent but he doesn't need to go down so easily. It's pretty pathetic, especially when you have a ref who's behaving as if Bruce has had a word in his ear before the game.

Town were excellent and could have won that. It's very positive to come back from another feeble cup performance with that. We are building a squad with players who are looking like they can/will step up. Edwards and Nolan have real quality and intent. Donacien had a good game after looking a bit shaky in the opener. Nsiala and the established defenders and Skuse also played very well, generally.

Harrison is a handful, and a clever player; Jackson looks decent, and could have had two. There are question marks about how many goals they can get playing a lone striker role, but let's give them time. Neither look out of their depth with their general play.

It's very early days. Hurst needs to be given time. I mean months. A year plus, even. And I'll say it again and again, that regardless of the results so far and over the next few weeks, there are few reasons not to be positive and even cautiously optimistic, or dare I say it... er... excited? Foooootball! Miserable sods sshhh yous, now :)

COYFB

Thanks for your thoughts Dyland, always worth a read.
Oh, how nice. My pleasure on 10:37 - Aug 19 with 1634 viewsDyland

Agreed on 10:35 - Aug 19 by HennikerBlu

Thanks for your thoughts Dyland, always worth a read.

Normally my family and friends are telling me to shut up and stop being such a bell :)

Agreed on 10:50 - Aug 19 with 1618 viewsDennyx4

Agreed on 10:32 - Aug 19 by Dyland

COYFB

I think without doubt Villa managed the referee, were always in his ear and this contributed to the first yellow for Edun.

In all honesty, I didn't really see any shocking challenges, but Grealish and Villa were always complaining to the ref, even after winning a soft free kick.
My sincere thanks to the referee on 11:00 - Aug 19 with 1604 viewsdissboy2

great post!
It's so different watching the whole thing live to get a feel for the game on 13:38 - Aug 19 with 1577 viewsDyland

:)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024