Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grealish overrated 18:02 - Aug 18 with 6792 viewsjungleboy

He could only kick with his right foot. Villa gave him the ball everyone and he just ran across the pitch going nowhere with no threat at all. Not worth all those millions.
Grealish overrated on 18:08 - Aug 18 with 4389 viewsSarge

He’d be half decent if he stayed on his feet for more than 10 minutes per game. As it is I have no sympathy for the many fouls he suffers given he buys most of them and simulates the others. He’s going to get his leg snapped at some point and he’ll only have himself to blame.
Grealish overrated on 18:09 - Aug 18 with 4384 viewsArnieM

He has to be the most arrogant diving cheat I’ve seen at PR in many a long year. What a tit he is.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Grealish overrated on 18:10 - Aug 18 with 4372 viewsgazzer1999

I don't know what game you were at, but he was class above everyone on the pitch. He needs a move away from villa to really show off his talents, could you imagine if we had a player as good as him, hardly wasted a pass, always looked as though he could do something. Yes he's a prima donna but so was Beckham, if he stays under Bruce he will be stifled. Villa should have buried us but went like a mick mac team and played for a point, refreshing performance from the Town.
Grealish overrated on 18:11 - Aug 18 with 4369 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Hate his falling over but his touch and weight of pass is excellent.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Grealish overrated on 18:15 - Aug 18 with 4346 viewsArnieM

Grealish overrated on 18:10 - Aug 18 by gazzer1999

I don't know what game you were at, but he was class above everyone on the pitch. He needs a move away from villa to really show off his talents, could you imagine if we had a player as good as him, hardly wasted a pass, always looked as though he could do something. Yes he's a prima donna but so was Beckham, if he stays under Bruce he will be stifled. Villa should have buried us but went like a mick mac team and played for a point, refreshing performance from the Town.

Under McCarthy we would definitely have lost that game today.

Attack is the best form of defence. . We MADE Villa defend for most of the match.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Grealish overrated on 18:53 - Aug 18 with 4212 viewsbritbiker

Seems to spend more time on the floor and trying to show off his legs than playing football. Shame coz he obviously got some talent

Having a man spare in midfield made his life a lot easier.
Grealish overrated on 19:54 - Aug 18 with 4124 viewsJ4ck22

Maybe if he invested in some shin pads, he wouldn't be on the floor so often.
Grealish overrated on 19:56 - Aug 18 with 4115 viewsDeano69

Only did things to try and make himself look good, but failed. Not a team player and a blatant cheat.

Why didn’t he go off after treatment?

Did he have Shin pads on?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Grealish overrated on 20:30 - Aug 18 with 4060 viewsitfcjoe

Best player on the pitch, didn't give it away all game.

Goes down too easily, but gets kicked from pillar to post every week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Grealish overrated on 20:34 - Aug 18 with 4040 viewsBackToRussia

Grealish overrated on 20:30 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

How many chances did he create?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Grealish overrated on 20:37 - Aug 18 with 4032 viewswkj

Nope... simply put... nope

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Grealish overrated on 20:39 - Aug 18 with 4023 viewsDeano69

All sizzle, no sausage.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Grealish overrated on 20:46 - Aug 18 with 3987 viewsitfcjoe

Grealish overrated on 20:34 - Aug 18 by BackToRussia

How many chances did he create?

Everything goes through him - just had a look on whscored.com though and out of 12 'Key Passes' in the game (Villa 7 - ITFC 5), Grealish had 5 of them.

83% pass accuracy
More successful dribbles than anyone on pitch
6 fouls committed on him (12 fouls in total)
Dispossessed once (Out of 22 total for Villa)
Touched the ball more than anyone on pitch (Bad touches 0, total for Villa 14)

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288707/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-20

I know stats are stats, but no-one was close to him for quality today - people just don't like him which I understand, but he has serious quality

Grealish overrated on 20:47 - Aug 18 with 3970 viewswkj

Grealish overrated on 20:46 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

Everything goes through him - just had a look on whscored.com though and out of 12 'Key Passes' in the game (Villa 7 - ITFC 5), Grealish had 5 of them.

83% pass accuracy

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288707/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-20

I know stats are stats, but no-one was close to him for quality today - people just don't like him which I understand, but he has serious quality

If he was all that he wouldn't need to cheat to dictate play.

Crybaby

Grealish overrated on 20:55 - Aug 18 with 3951 viewsHennikerBlu

Grealish overrated on 20:46 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

83% pass accuracy

I agree, it was the same, if not worse when Maddison's name came up last season, overrated and falls over a lot, yet he has created a good early impression in the Prem.

These players will go down easily if you get too tight too soon, which is a reflection of their quality and why in the Prem defenders hold off rather than lunge in. For this reason a lot of pros describe it 'you get more time on the ball in the Prem'.
Grealish overrated on 20:58 - Aug 18 with 3933 viewsitfcjoe

Grealish overrated on 20:55 - Aug 18 by HennikerBlu

I agree, it was the same, if not worse when Maddison's name came up last season, overrated and falls over a lot, yet he has created a good early impression in the Prem.

These players will go down easily if you get too tight too soon, which is a reflection of their quality and why in the Prem defenders hold off rather than lunge in. For this reason a lot of pros describe it 'you get more time on the ball in the Prem'.

Some players are just very obviously a cut above - the ones who can and will take the ball in any circumstance no matter how pressured and relieve pressure by either being fouled, ghosting past someone to create space or just a simple pass into a team mate not under pressure

Grealish overrated on 21:03 - Aug 18 with 3910 viewsbrogansnose

Wern't Spurs in for him during the transfer window but Villa refused to sell him ? Pochettino certainly doesn't think he's over rated.

He bossed the same fixture at PR last season and was very good today. It doesn't mean that I like him and he comes accross as a prick but to say he's over rated is just wrong.
Grealish overrated on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 3889 viewsHennikerBlu

Grealish overrated on 21:03 - Aug 18 by brogansnose

Wern't Spurs in for him during the transfer window but Villa refused to sell him ? Pochettino certainly doesn't think he's over rated.

He bossed the same fixture at PR last season and was very good today. It doesn't mean that I like him and he comes accross as a prick but to say he's over rated is just wrong.

Spurs probably could have got him cut price when Villa had a cash flow issue, but now they are ok they want £40mil.

Hard to know whether that is too much with what players go for in the Prem, I suspect they will come back in for him in Jan', simply as they have done little business and have the Champions League to think about. Probably worth a bit more than Maddison (£25mil) as he has played in the Prem before. We shall see...
Grealish overrated on 21:10 - Aug 18 with 3880 viewswkj

Grealish overrated on 21:03 - Aug 18 by brogansnose

Over rated is a saying with a very broad set of definitions, possibly used in error in place of over hyped. To me a lot of his passes were sideways, and while the stats were positive for him, he didn't come close to living up to the hype that surrounds him. Possibly he has grown as much as he can at Villa, and needs to leave to live up to his potential, but I can't in good faith after watching the game back claim he was the best player on the pitch.

Crybaby

Grealish overrated on 21:11 - Aug 18 with 3873 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Beckham wannabe. His socks were to small for him.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Grealish overrated on 21:15 - Aug 18 with 3859 viewsbrogansnose

Grealish overrated on 21:10 - Aug 18 by wkj

Over rated is a saying with a very broad set of definitions, possibly used in error in place of over hyped. To me a lot of his passes were sideways, and while the stats were positive for him, he didn't come close to living up to the hype that surrounds him. Possibly he has grown as much as he can at Villa, and needs to leave to live up to his potential, but I can't in good faith after watching the game back claim he was the best player on the pitch.

He probably does need to move on for his own development as a player. Point still remains that Spurs aren't going to chase him when there isn't a lot about him.
Grealish overrated on 21:18 - Aug 18 with 3849 viewsHennikerBlu

Grealish overrated on 21:10 - Aug 18 by wkj

I think credit has to be given to Hurst, we continued to carry a goal threat today, which we have not in recent years when down to 10 men.

Villa simply were not able to press us like Brogan alludes too in the last game at PR, in that game Grealish was the stand out player and looked Prem quality all the way.
Grealish overrated on 21:21 - Aug 18 with 3836 viewswkj

Grealish overrated on 21:18 - Aug 18 by HennikerBlu

I think credit has to be given to Hurst, we continued to carry a goal threat today, which we have not in recent years when down to 10 men.

Villa simply were not able to press us like Brogan alludes too in the last game at PR, in that game Grealish was the stand out player and looked Prem quality all the way.

Yes, I can say he was the best player on the pitch by miles last season, no question of quibble at all. Though Joe's similar assesment of him today was no where near as cut and dry as his stat sheet suggests, and I think he wasn't the best player today.

Crybaby

Grealish overrated on 21:24 - Aug 18 with 3821 viewsBrixtonBlue

Grealish overrated on 19:54 - Aug 18 by J4ck22

Maybe if he invested in some shin pads, he wouldn't be on the floor so often.

He does wear shin pads - child's ones. It's a lucky omen thing.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Grealish overrated on 21:31 - Aug 18 with 3787 viewsGeoffSentence

Grealish overrated on 18:09 - Aug 18 by ArnieM

He has to be the most arrogant diving cheat I’ve seen at PR in many a long year. What a tit he is.

It really annoys me when talented players cheat. They don't need to, they should let their talent do the talking.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024