Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers....... 19:18 - Aug 18 with 1954 viewsBanburyBlue

I love his heart and leadership but he looks to me out of place, as HFB commented our old players who played under MM might struggle to adapt and he again today looked uncomfortable trying to play out with the ball, it does not suit his style, in reality he's just better at giving it a hoof.

Great game today, it was actually enjoyable to watch except for the cheating, Grealish is a great player but what a diver!! disgrace

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Chambers....... on 19:22 - Aug 18 with 1925 viewspointofblue

I think he's in a middle of a relative nightmare at the moment - asked to change his playing style whilst marshalling two players new to this level through a match and having to do it from the 'wrong' side.

I do have doubts whether he can adapt to Hurst's style but he doesn't really have anyone to lean on and give him support across the backline at the moment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Chambers....... on 19:59 - Aug 18 with 1783 viewsgazzer1999

Chambers....... on 19:22 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

I think he's in a middle of a relative nightmare at the moment - asked to change his playing style whilst marshalling two players new to this level through a match and having to do it from the 'wrong' side.

I do have doubts whether he can adapt to Hurst's style but he doesn't really have anyone to lean on and give him support across the backline at the moment.

I feel for Chambers, but thats the trouble Tommy Smith had when Berra came in only Smith had to play on the wrong side, people on here slagged him off, but in my opinion was better than Berra no shirt pulling. Chambers needs to be in the team at the moment but so does Knudsen as they add the experience needed. Chambers will probably be rested if we bring another C/B in, but he should not be allowed to leave as he is needed to bridge the gap between players and management. I can see Knudsen taking over as skipper long term if he remains here.
Chambers....... on 20:47 - Aug 18 with 1688 viewsPositivelyPortman

Chambers....... on 19:59 - Aug 18 by gazzer1999

I feel for Chambers, but thats the trouble Tommy Smith had when Berra came in only Smith had to play on the wrong side, people on here slagged him off, but in my opinion was better than Berra no shirt pulling. Chambers needs to be in the team at the moment but so does Knudsen as they add the experience needed. Chambers will probably be rested if we bring another C/B in, but he should not be allowed to leave as he is needed to bridge the gap between players and management. I can see Knudsen taking over as skipper long term if he remains here.

Knudsen? Never a captain.
I’ll admit he had a good game today, but at Exeter, he was highly poor..

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Chambers....... on 20:49 - Aug 18 with 1670 viewswkj

Chambers....... on 20:47 - Aug 18 by PositivelyPortman

Knudsen? Never a captain.
I’ll admit he had a good game today, but at Exeter, he was highly poor..

I wouldn't be suprised if Hurst has Nolan in his plans for successor for the armband.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chambers....... on 20:52 - Aug 18 with 1649 viewsfabian_illness

Chambers is the best centre back at the club.
Can’t see him getting dropped.
Chambers....... on 20:59 - Aug 18 with 1609 viewsevansblue

I thought he had a great game as did the mates I was sat with. He led the team well, was vocal and did what was asked. They scored a cracker and apart from that we limited them which was down to a great team performance with him at the heart of it. Bizarre how we all see things differently but that's why we love football
Chambers....... on 21:35 - Aug 18 with 1492 viewsreusersfreekicks

Love Chambo. Should be allowed to play in his best position. Heart and soul
Chambers....... on 21:49 - Aug 18 with 1443 viewsOldTimer2

To be fair I thought he played 2 or 3 good balls into space behind their defence, for Harrison/Edwards rather than just aimless hoofs towards a target man

Bobby Robson - thank you

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers....... on 21:56 - Aug 18 with 1409 viewspointofblue

Chambers....... on 20:59 - Aug 18 by evansblue

I thought he had a great game as did the mates I was sat with. He led the team well, was vocal and did what was asked. They scored a cracker and apart from that we limited them which was down to a great team performance with him at the heart of it. Bizarre how we all see things differently but that's why we love football

Interesting you should say that as I'd argue every attack Villa instigated in the second half was self-inflicted by ourselves, either through a bad clearance, poor bass, misjudging a header, and more often than not it was either Knudsen or Chambers who was making a blunder out of those in the backline. We got slightly fortunate today that they couldn't take advantage of these blunders and maybe we deserved that considering we were robbed at Rotherham and had had to suffer one of the worst ever refereeing performances at Portman Road this afternoon.

This doesn't detract from the way we fought, we challenged, we played - particularly after going down to ten men - but there are still issues to work on and, to be fair, it'd be staggering if there wasn't.

Chambers....... on 22:12 - Aug 18 with 1343 viewsSuperblue95

I don't always rate Chambers highly but he was brilliant today. As were the majority of the team

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Chambers....... on 22:14 - Aug 18 with 1337 viewsOldTimer2

Chambers....... on 21:56 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

Interesting you should say that as I'd argue every attack Villa instigated in the second half was self-inflicted by ourselves, either through a bad clearance, poor bass, misjudging a header, and more often than not it was either Knudsen or Chambers who was making a blunder out of those in the backline. We got slightly fortunate today that they couldn't take advantage of these blunders and maybe we deserved that considering we were robbed at Rotherham and had had to suffer one of the worst ever refereeing performances at Portman Road this afternoon.

This doesn't detract from the way we fought, we challenged, we played - particularly after going down to ten men - but there are still issues to work on and, to be fair, it'd be staggering if there wasn't.

Actually the person who gave away the ball most to allow Villa to attack was probably Bart. Far too many kicks were misplaced or went straight through to their keeper

Bobby Robson - thank you

Chambers....... on 22:17 - Aug 18 with 1316 viewspointofblue

Chambers....... on 22:14 - Aug 18 by OldTimer2

Actually the person who gave away the ball most to allow Villa to attack was probably Bart. Far too many kicks were misplaced or went straight through to their keeper

That is true and that did bug me; the long balls to the flanks were clearly not working so why did we keep trying it???

Chambers....... on 22:20 - Aug 18 with 1302 viewsnshearman1

Chambers....... on 22:17 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

That is true and that did bug me; the long balls to the flanks were clearly not working so why did we keep trying it???

It was the same at Exeter. It's clearly what they've been told to do, and equally clearly it's taking time for them to get it right. The danger with all this is that even when they get it right, other teams will have sussed it.
Chambers....... on 22:22 - Aug 18 with 1298 viewsOldTimer2

Chambers....... on 22:17 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

Villa did make it difficult for him to pass the ball to the central defenders, as they did close down very quickly. If we are going to send them long to Harrison, we need to be more accurate about it and then have people better placed to pick up the flick ons. work to do on that

Bobby Robson - thank you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024