Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick Match Report - I've got my Ipswich back! 19:29 - Aug 18 with 1253 viewsunstableblue

This is not intended as a dig at Mick, but that is the kind of performance I have missed for 2 seasons.

It had energy, commitment, endeavour and no little quality. Players moved and showed for the ball and passed, so little cheap turnover of the ball.

And to cap it off my son came after multiple false dawns under Mick where he just got bored and there was nothing of excitement, and limited attack. Today he loved every minute, aided by a fantastic performance form the north stand. The fans played their part. And he wants to return. Now that's a good day.
The
I dreaded today in some part as I thought villa would just have too much quality, and indeed they are a very good team, and surely will get close to an automatic spot.

But from the get go we had a certain bite, and in chalobah, skuse, Nolan and Edwards some quality on the ball.

Edwards was man of the match for me, he is just a very excited and talented player, what a find, who was able to beat good defenders. The move that he kicked off and ended with him hitting the bar, was again as good as we have seen for many years.

But all players put in terrific performance, only Bart again looked wobbly, with Knudsen and Chambo also error prone; but the three overall made great contributions.

Chalobah is just great to watch, yes he tired in the final third of the game, and he is very 'loose' in that it almost feels like he's not in control of the ball - but I love his energy and distribution. It was a sign of his attitude that he didn't celebrate his excellent finish in the outstretched arms of Chambo, but chose to grab the ball form the net and run back to keep the momentum going!

We had the best of the game up to their goal, which again led from a mistake, then a lack of closing wide and a devastating cross. I feared the worse but we kept going. Nolan started to come more into the game.. and like Edwards he is going to easily make the step up to this level, Nolan is the real deal. Some classy moments on the ball.

Then eduh got the second yellow, it looked harsh and the ref was struggling throughout, aided by Villa players constantly making more of challenges.

At ten men I thought it would be the Alamo; but far from it Town went into "warrior" mode - what a performance from the blue boys. We were relentless and had moments going forward. Harrison again didn't have a lot of joy in the solo role, but I did see some promise. Jackson tried manfully, but I didn't see true quality as yet, am sure it will come. Him and Nolan could click.

What I loved also today was how well hurst and doig managed the players - it's not shouting and manic pointing; it's clear guidance. Bringing players over. Didn't anyone notice Harrison's full massage and stretch treatment on the side line on coming off. Or players getting instructions and running to other players to move shape. Or tracking devices being removed from players.

Anyway just an awesome exciting spectacle, well worth the admission, and just a real urge to get back to PR.

We have so lacked real energy and drive and system; it was just great.

Final mention for Donacien and Toto I thought they were excellent today and very very committed to the cause in a difficult game.

Well done Hurst, well done team, well done fans.

Let's put the ghost of mick to bed that divided us all, and look forward to exciting times!

Derby here I Come!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Quick Match Report - I've got my Ipswich back! on 19:41 - Aug 18 with 1182 viewsBluedanW

We were saying we created more chances in that second half with 10 men than the average McCarthy performance
Quick Match Report - I've got my Ipswich back! on 19:50 - Aug 18 with 1142 viewsunstableblue

Quick Match Report - I've got my Ipswich back! on 19:41 - Aug 18 by BluedanW

We were saying we created more chances in that second half with 10 men than the average McCarthy performance

My four MATES and son just kept repeating through the game just how exciting it all was.... pinging passes, beating players, attacking. We even did a conga line up at a corner!

We were up on our feet all the time! And not just to berate the ref.

Shame we'll lose out Fulham loanee as he added to the drive and energy.

Can Sears or Ward step in and break off the chains of mediocrity they've hadn't beaten into them.

What a game. That's how should feel during and after a game.

Football is meant to exciting!! I think we just all forgot, and so many lower their standards. I don't think Hurst is the kind of guy who ever will!

Anyway as I stated let's forget about Mick, this is now, this the New Era!

If we can play well and perhaps get a point at derby; and then take the energy from today into the east Anglian derby then Norwich are in for a torrid time.

Quick Match Report - I've got my Ipswich back! on 19:58 - Aug 18 with 1107 viewsBluedanW

Quick Match Report - I've got my Ipswich back! on 19:50 - Aug 18 by unstableblue

My four MATES and son just kept repeating through the game just how exciting it all was.... pinging passes, beating players, attacking. We even did a conga line up at a corner!

We were up on our feet all the time! And not just to berate the ref.

Shame we'll lose out Fulham loanee as he added to the drive and energy.

Can Sears or Ward step in and break off the chains of mediocrity they've hadn't beaten into them.

What a game. That's how should feel during and after a game.

Football is meant to exciting!! I think we just all forgot, and so many lower their standards. I don't think Hurst is the kind of guy who ever will!

Anyway as I stated let's forget about Mick, this is now, this the New Era!

If we can play well and perhaps get a point at derby; and then take the energy from today into the east Anglian derby then Norwich are in for a torrid time.

If we can play like we did today for the rest of the season I will be very pleased to have renewed my season ticket after 4 years away. Even if we only end up mid table, all i ask is to be entertained by a team wanting to play attacking football.
Donacien “we did not change the plan despite going to 10.... on 20:51 - Aug 18 with 994 viewsunstableblue

....KEEPING THE STRUCTURE AND PLAYING OUT OF THE SHAPE!!”

We are finally playing with a system!! Wooooo hoooo
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 21:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024