Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere today top draw 19:29 - Aug 18 with 4355 viewsonceablue

Villa fans looked shocked at the amount of noise we made

They had no answer

Loudest singing heard in years. Well done all special mention for lower SBR top draw
Atmosphere today top draw on 19:33 - Aug 18 with 4306 viewsBackToRussia

Sounds like everyone got behind Hurst and the lads today. Wish we were playing Nodge next now.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Atmosphere today top draw on 19:57 - Aug 18 with 4155 viewsnoggin

Really didn't sound that great on Ifollow. Why do the singers insist on staying in the lower?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Atmosphere today top draw on 20:15 - Aug 18 with 4054 viewsm14_blue

Atmosphere today top draw on 19:57 - Aug 18 by noggin

Really didn't sound that great on Ifollow. Why do the singers insist on staying in the lower?

Bruce mentioned it several times in his interview so must have been pretty good.

It's not always possible to get a true reflection from tv.

Agree with the general point about the acoustics in the NS though.
Atmosphere today top draw on 20:17 - Aug 18 with 4039 viewsGeoffSentence

The Villa fans reminded me of the budgies, they sang a little after they scored, other than that they were mostly silent.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Atmosphere today top draw on 20:57 - Aug 18 with 3855 viewsArnieM

Atmosphere today top draw on 20:17 - Aug 18 by GeoffSentence

The Villa fans reminded me of the budgies, they sang a little after they scored, other than that they were mostly silent.

Suspect they were totally embarrassed by their players constantly diving all over the place. An utter disgrace frankly, and ref was so poor he contributed to their ongoing dives, because they knew they were getting away with it.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Atmosphere today top draw on 21:09 - Aug 18 with 3785 viewslazyblue

It’s been mentioned before but if the singers moved from lower to upper the atmosphere would be so much better.
Atmosphere today top draw on 22:23 - Aug 18 with 3525 viewsnshearman1

Great to hear
Atmosphere today top draw on 23:06 - Aug 18 with 3409 viewsTendring_Blue

Being in the north upper the lower when it gets going sounds fantastic. And some of us join in you know upstairs! Yes you would defiantly have a better noise if we could stand upstairs but that's not happening until its allowed.

It was great today, it was classic up and down in the upper today, people I haven't seen get involved so much before really giving it some. As soon as we conceded the crowd got behind the team, we studied ourselves and scored.

The second half was great, villa fans were saying they could not believe we had a man sent off at times.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 23:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Atmosphere today top draw on 23:23 - Aug 18 with 3350 viewspointofblue

Maybe they just realised how stupid they were?

After the attendance was read out today: "YOU'RE ONLY HERE FOR THE VILLA!"

Except there were more people at the Blackburn game and less visiting supporters then to boot.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Atmosphere today top draw on 01:33 - Aug 19 with 3134 viewseddiespearitt03

I would say the missing 2500-3000 supporters have returned and more are likely to return with performances like that . The atmosphere can only get better. The Dusseldorf fans will certainly enjoy their next visit.
At last we have a manager who wants to entertain the supporters with good football and he also appreciates the supporters. I think the club will make good progress with Paul Hurst .
Atmosphere today top draw on 05:06 - Aug 19 with 3054 viewsBenters2

Atmosphere today top draw on 01:33 - Aug 19 by eddiespearitt03

I would say the missing 2500-3000 supporters have returned and more are likely to return with performances like that . The atmosphere can only get better. The Dusseldorf fans will certainly enjoy their next visit.
At last we have a manager who wants to entertain the supporters with good football and he also appreciates the supporters. I think the club will make good progress with Paul Hurst .

It sounded good on the radio I reckon we will stuff Norwich
Atmosphere today top draw on 11:11 - Aug 19 with 2651 viewsHennikerBlu

Atmosphere today top draw on 05:06 - Aug 19 by Benters2

It sounded good on the radio I reckon we will stuff Norwich

I hope so, the atmosphere should be electric.
Atmosphere today top draw on 11:13 - Aug 19 with 2641 viewsartsbossbeard

Take Hart?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Atmosphere today top draw on 11:17 - Aug 19 with 2613 viewsBenters2

Atmosphere today top draw on 11:11 - Aug 19 by HennikerBlu

I hope so, the atmosphere should be electric.

Indeed it could and should be buzzing..
Atmosphere today top draw on 11:27 - Aug 19 with 2563 viewsnoggin

Atmosphere today top draw on 11:17 - Aug 19 by Benters2

Indeed it could and should be buzzing..

I'll be in the North Upper, making plenty of noise. I'm not even taking my tartan blanket or packed lunch to the game.

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 2472 viewsTractorWood

I was lower churchman's and thought they were in good voice apart bar the second half where they were probably getting frustrated. I thought the atmosphere was generally decent. It's weird being outside of the North but good to see the wall of standing blue.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:09 - Aug 19 with 2453 viewsbluefunk

A great atmosphere no doubt helped by a ref who galvanised the whole stadium by his erratic decisions.

A couple of points on the lower North, there seems to be several pockets of singing, are the acoustics so bad that they can’t hear what going on at the other end of the stand - it certainly appears that way.

Also, why do songs have to be sung at breakneck speed - as an example “When the Town go marching in” started slow was superb, but then it speeds up to such an extent that it peters out
Atmosphere today top draw on 12:12 - Aug 19 with 2436 viewsRyorry

Atmosphere today top draw on 11:27 - Aug 19 by noggin

I'll be in the North Upper, making plenty of noise. I'm not even taking my tartan blanket or packed lunch to the game.

Is the cardigan making a sub appearance then?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:17 - Aug 19 with 2411 viewsTractorWood

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:09 - Aug 19 by bluefunk

A great atmosphere no doubt helped by a ref who galvanised the whole stadium by his erratic decisions.

A couple of points on the lower North, there seems to be several pockets of singing, are the acoustics so bad that they can’t hear what going on at the other end of the stand - it certainly appears that way.

Also, why do songs have to be sung at breakneck speed - as an example “When the Town go marching in” started slow was superb, but then it speeds up to such an extent that it peters out

In short, yes. The acoustics are awful in the lower North. The majority of chants just turn into a Mish mash of noise. I had a ST between sections 5 and 6 for a few years and it was frustrating to see a good number of fans on either side singing different songs at the same time. When they do sing the same song it's often 30 seconds apart.

Still you can't dig out the only part of the ground that consistently generates an atmosphere too much.

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:29 - Aug 19 with 2366 viewsbluefunk

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:17 - Aug 19 by TractorWood

In short, yes. The acoustics are awful in the lower North. The majority of chants just turn into a Mish mash of noise. I had a ST between sections 5 and 6 for a few years and it was frustrating to see a good number of fans on either side singing different songs at the same time. When they do sing the same song it's often 30 seconds apart.

Still you can't dig out the only part of the ground that consistently generates an atmosphere too much.

Fair point
Atmosphere today top draw on 12:39 - Aug 19 with 2331 viewsnoggin

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:17 - Aug 19 by TractorWood

Not digging them out, I just wish they would optimise the noise they make. PR could be a very loud support if the singers moved upstairs.

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:47 - Aug 19 with 2296 viewsBlueDiamond

Can you identify facial expression at that distance? 'Shocked'???

And I remember them singing 'shall we sing a song for you..........?'

I must have been at a different game. :)
Atmosphere today top draw on 12:48 - Aug 19 with 2293 viewsTractorWood

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:39 - Aug 19 by noggin

Not digging them out, I just wish they would optimise the noise they make. PR could be a very loud support if the singers moved upstairs.

There's generations of fans who been there for decades. I don't think they'll move to a more expensive area because it has better accoustics. There are few areas of decent support across the country that are in upper tiers.

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:56 - Aug 19 with 2269 viewsBlueDiamond

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:48 - Aug 19 by TractorWood

There's generations of fans who been there for decades. I don't think they'll move to a more expensive area because it has better accoustics. There are few areas of decent support across the country that are in upper tiers.

Agreed. Singing and chanting is normally associated with standing and while the Club seem to turn a blind eye to that in the lower tier it would be very dangerous in the upper and could not be allowed.
Atmosphere today top draw on 13:03 - Aug 19 with 2249 viewsGeoffSentence

Atmosphere today top draw on 12:02 - Aug 19 by TractorWood

I was lower churchman's and thought they were in good voice apart bar the second half where they were probably getting frustrated. I thought the atmosphere was generally decent. It's weird being outside of the North but good to see the wall of standing blue.

I was also in my normal spot in the lower Churchman's right by them and thought that for a following of that size they were very quiet. Normally the teams that bring a lot, Leeds, Millwall et al make a pretty solid noise from start to finish. The nodgers are an exception, there are always a lot of them, but except for post goal, or if things are going well in their favour they can be a pretty meak lot, and it was the case with Villa yesterday too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024