Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. 20:08 - Aug 18 with 15554 viewsartsbossbeard

Agog.

He should've gotten pelters but instead gets a round of applause.

Never cease to amaze me.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:59 - Aug 19 with 3086 viewsRyorry

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 22:28 - Aug 18 by vapour_trail

Blimey. That’s a sanctimony tsunami you’ve encountered there ABB.

Wow, not that you'd ever be so hypocritical as to jump on the end of threads just to sanctimoniously call everyone out for "sanctimony" (except your mates of course)!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 12:06 - Aug 19 with 3056 viewsTractorWood

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 07:19 - Aug 19 by artsbossbeard

Body clock is an hour or so out having got back Friday evening from overseas.

Lovely dawn chorus this morning, think I spotted a Dartford Warbler within.

Must be the Mediterranean jet lag.

I didn't see the first yellow card and he dived in a bit for the second. Think the crowd was more surprised than anything especially after a world cup that was reffed pretty softly.

Although Grealish makes the most of any contact almost to a cynical extent, there were a couple of bad of challenges on him.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 12:12]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 15:37 - Aug 19 with 2989 viewsCurrie10

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:27 - Aug 19 by tractorboy1978

I have played football before which is why I know that sometimes you don't make rational decisions. He thought he could nick the ball, he was too late and didn't - it wasn't a bad challenge, just slightly late. Was it a yellow card? Possibly but far from stone wall and it wasn't bad enough that the referee had no option but to issue the second yellow. Had he pulled him aside and said 'one more and your off' there wouldn't have been any complaints from anyone.

Of course we wouldn't have moaned.

But how about the other way round? ' have another chance mate ' to a Villa player.

Needless! Be careful when on a yellow.
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 15:52 - Aug 19 with 2976 viewstractorboy1978

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 15:37 - Aug 19 by Currie10

Of course we wouldn't have moaned.

But how about the other way round? ' have another chance mate ' to a Villa player.

Needless! Be careful when on a yellow.

I didn't mean just us, I meant Bruce and Villa too. I'd have said the same if the boot was on the other foot, very harsh to be sent off for the two challenges made. You see worse challenges than both go without a yellow every week.
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 15:58 - Aug 19 with 2970 viewsCurrie10

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 15:52 - Aug 19 by tractorboy1978

I didn't mean just us, I meant Bruce and Villa too. I'd have said the same if the boot was on the other foot, very harsh to be sent off for the two challenges made. You see worse challenges than both go without a yellow every week.

That is the frustrating thing I guess - consistency.

I have no real complaints at all with the red yesterday now I've seen the first one - which is perhaps soft but I can at least see the logic from the referee.

However, another day we may not get the same decision from a referee and that's not fair.

They say things balance themselves out over the course of the season so lets hope they do!
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 16:45 - Aug 19 with 2941 viewsm14_blue

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 22:32 - Aug 18 by artsbossbeard

If I'd have said the same in January, I'd have been swimming in up votes and virtual high 5's.

Yes, but you'd have thought those people were all idiots.

You do seem rather to have swung 360.

It's almost like you enjoy irritating the 'numbskulls' more than you do supporting Town.
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 18:50 - Aug 19 with 2896 viewsimsureazzure

How would those 'pelters' be actioned?

Booing?

You're tackling is sh1t, chorused by a few dunces?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 18:55 - Aug 19 with 2889 viewswkj

We should all pause for a moment and acknowledge the biggest merit of this post, it is a football debate thread that scores many pages, not the lazy man's attempt at controversy by mentioning a corbyn conspiracy theory thread.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 18:58 - Aug 19 with 2875 viewsartsbossbeard

Ooh, 100+ replies now.

*raises bat to pavilion*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:21 - Aug 19 with 2824 viewsKeaneish

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 21:45 - Aug 18 by artsbossbeard

Please provide proof from my posts that back this up. I'll wait and accept your apology when you're unable to.

30 minutes enough?

You've ridiculed everyone on here for years who criticised Micks's negativity, his footballing philosophy, the ability of Skuse, fan's who want to watch football played in a different manner. There's not really any difference whether you post pro Mick ot not. You mocked those who weren't, same difference.

PH is proving in a very short space of time how limited MM and Skuse are. So.ethi g that was plainly obvious for a very long time.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:34 - Aug 19 with 2805 viewsTractorWood

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:21 - Aug 19 by Keaneish

You've ridiculed everyone on here for years who criticised Micks's negativity, his footballing philosophy, the ability of Skuse, fan's who want to watch football played in a different manner. There's not really any difference whether you post pro Mick ot not. You mocked those who weren't, same difference.

PH is proving in a very short space of time how limited MM and Skuse are. So.ethi g that was plainly obvious for a very long time.

Skuse was ghosted past so many times yesterday. He's 33 in March and it's starting to show this season.

I've backed him for years but think he's done. Chalobah a far less limited player.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 20:35]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:43 - Aug 19 with 2783 viewsvapour_trail

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:59 - Aug 19 by Ryorry

Wow, not that you'd ever be so hypocritical as to jump on the end of threads just to sanctimoniously call everyone out for "sanctimony" (except your mates of course)!

Fck off.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 21:10 - Aug 19 with 2733 viewsBenters2

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:43 - Aug 19 by vapour_trail

Fck off.

Charming
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 22:27 - Aug 19 with 2669 viewsartsbossbeard

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:21 - Aug 19 by Keaneish

I've ridiculed those who deserve ridicule. I don't recall claiming to be a Skuse fanatic but as a footy coach (qualified) and ex player, I understand his importance.

Let's be clear here though, PH has proven nothing to date in this short space of time you speak of and to suggest otherwise is madness. There's some hints on things being done differently and I fully understand that it takes time to gel.

2nd September, 12:00. Could do with things coming together by then.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 22:31 - Aug 19 with 2659 viewsRyorry

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 21:10 - Aug 19 by Benters2

Charming

It's OK, I don't mind that kind of stuff actually, at least it's open and honest.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 08:21 - Aug 20 with 2555 viewsKeaneish

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 22:27 - Aug 19 by artsbossbeard

I've ridiculed those who deserve ridicule. I don't recall claiming to be a Skuse fanatic but as a footy coach (qualified) and ex player, I understand his importance.

Let's be clear here though, PH has proven nothing to date in this short space of time you speak of and to suggest otherwise is madness. There's some hints on things being done differently and I fully understand that it takes time to gel.

2nd September, 12:00. Could do with things coming together by then.

Skuse was no more important than anyone else he was just perceived to be because he was given a start every week and heralded as integral. There were always better players out there, MM just never saw it.

PH has proven that if you give players the opportunity to do what all footballers want to do, play football you’ll get a much better energy and match day experience. That for me is infinitely notable already given we’re only four games in. He’s proven that with a philosophy of approaching games to win, you’ll get a much more positive approach to the game and a far greater, unified backing from the terraces - simple things that were devoid under the dullest manager ever to grace the home dugouts.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 08:35 - Aug 20 with 2546 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We have 2 points from 3 games and have been knocked out of the cup by lower league opposition

There’s been some moments of encouragement in the performances, but Hurst has certainly not proven anything yet

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:08 - Aug 20 with 2519 viewsDarth_Koont

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 08:35 - Aug 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We have 2 points from 3 games and have been knocked out of the cup by lower league opposition

There’s been some moments of encouragement in the performances, but Hurst has certainly not proven anything yet

I think people can stay positive about the signs but yes, it would be good not to keep hearing how poor MM and his team was when we're not yet matching the results.

There's nothing wrong with recognising what Mick achieved AND being excited about a different approach under PH. I think the suggestion that results or performances are easily achieved in this division — let alone both at the same time on our budget — is more than a little silly.

Pronouns: He/Him

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:16 - Aug 20 with 2507 viewsBlueBadger

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 18:58 - Aug 19 by artsbossbeard

Ooh, 100+ replies now.

*raises bat to pavilion*

An astonishing achievement, particularly given it was not only a football post, but posted on a Sunday.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:19 - Aug 20 with 2493 viewsGlasgowBlue

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:16 - Aug 20 by BlueBadger

An astonishing achievement, particularly given it was not only a football post, but posted on a Sunday.

Only a net downvote of -43 though. I think the board has been generous to him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:23 - Aug 20 with 2485 viewsBarneycurley

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:19 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

It's compassionate to treat people with special needs lightly

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:55 - Aug 20 with 2437 viewsartsbossbeard

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:19 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

Oh no! People don't agree with my views - and on the internet too!

I'll have to live with this shame.

Still, I didn't clap off a bloke who just got sent off, so I can hold my head high.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:02 - Aug 20 with 2417 viewsKeaneish

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 08:35 - Aug 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If you’re basing it on metrics, no. If you’re basing it on a philosophy, yes. We haven’t got the points on the board yet, agreed, but play like how we have been every week with the approach to games like we have with a bit more impetus in certain areas (which will come), we’ll be in a positive place come next season.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:19 - Aug 20 with 2392 viewsGlasgowBlue

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:55 - Aug 20 by artsbossbeard

Still, I didn't clap off a bloke who just got sent off, so I can hold my head high.

Remember when McAuley got sent off against Forest in either 2009 or 2010? He was roundly booed and his confidence was shot. Is that what you would prefer?

People were clapping both for what they saw as an injustice and to keep the player’s Spirits up.

Same as when we have been in the end of a defeat and the players come over to acknowledge the crowd. We rightly show them support even if they haven’t played well. Sadly too often last season a section of our support would “give them pelters”. And you would have been one of the first to criticise them for doing so. And quite right too.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 10:29]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I'm going to downvote it..... on 10:23 - Aug 20 with 2388 viewsBloots

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 09:55 - Aug 20 by artsbossbeard

.....for using the word "gotten".

So up yours.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024