Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a difference a spirited performance makes! 20:21 - Aug 18 with 1335 viewsnorth_stand77

Well done to all the boys.

Was worried we would be taken apart after sending off BUT we didn't capitulate and the crowd support was the best I've heard for many moons!

If we can capture that feeling and take it on to the next few games, even if we lose, it will be fun!
What a difference a spirited performance makes! on 20:30 - Aug 18 with 1296 viewschristiand

That’s what PH alluded to in his post match interview. As supporters, we don’t mind things not going to plan if we can see players giving their all and remaining committed to the blue shirt. The fact the team is beginning to play some football on the green stuff helps massively. I, like you North Stand, was fearing the worst but hoping for the best. I’m just so pleased for them that they came out fighting especially faced with the criticism this week and the situation today. If I was in that dressing room after the match, I’d be walking around 10ft tall. The players and management deserve a lot of credit after a testing week, now the time is right to build on what they created today.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 20:33]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What a difference a spirited performance makes! on 21:35 - Aug 18 with 1238 viewsHennikerBlu

What a difference a spirited performance makes! on 20:30 - Aug 18 by christiand

That’s what PH alluded to in his post match interview. As supporters, we don’t mind things not going to plan if we can see players giving their all and remaining committed to the blue shirt. The fact the team is beginning to play some football on the green stuff helps massively. I, like you North Stand, was fearing the worst but hoping for the best. I’m just so pleased for them that they came out fighting especially faced with the criticism this week and the situation today. If I was in that dressing room after the match, I’d be walking around 10ft tall. The players and management deserve a lot of credit after a testing week, now the time is right to build on what they created today.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 20:33]

Good post and well done ITFC!
What a difference a spirited performance makes! on 22:01 - Aug 18 with 1198 viewsBonchosBicycle

I was worried I'd hear the sound of the bus parking after Tayo went off. It would have been the case in the old days. Full credit to us for going out and still taking the game to them. Without that ref I think we could have won it. We were the better team again. For supposed promotion favourites Villa look poor.
What a difference a spirited performance makes! on 23:49 - Aug 18 with 1102 viewsnorth_stand77

What a difference a spirited performance makes! on 22:01 - Aug 18 by BonchosBicycle

I was worried I'd hear the sound of the bus parking after Tayo went off. It would have been the case in the old days. Full credit to us for going out and still taking the game to them. Without that ref I think we could have won it. We were the better team again. For supposed promotion favourites Villa look poor.

You could tell the players enjoyed the support they received during the game by the way they spent so much time applauding the fans afterwards.

Hopefully it will have given them a lift, as it has us.
What a difference a spirited performance makes! on 00:35 - Aug 19 with 1001 viewsmos

Your last sentence - absolutely!

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024