Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme 20:47 - Aug 18 with 1325 viewsPJH

would get their facts right concerning 28th April 1962 wouldn't you?
In a piece about the game against Villa on that day it says "Blues knew a win would guarantee being crowned champions"-balls it would.
Going into that game we were two points ahead of Burnley(two points for a win)BUT Burnley still had two games to play and if they won both of them they won the League on goal average.
As it happened we won and Burnley drew so their remaining game became irrelevant but what it says in the programme is wrong.

Rant over but as Max Boyce used to say "I know because I was there"
You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 20:51 - Aug 18 with 1302 viewswkj

I would raise that with the club PJH.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:04 - Aug 18 with 1262 viewsPJH

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 20:51 - Aug 18 by wkj

I would raise that with the club PJH.

Don't think so but as it was a huge day in this clubs history they should have taken a bit more care about what they print.
Really it is not worth getting too upset about but I was just reading the programme and came across that.It was either swear about it to my wife(but she is watching Casualty) or rant about it to you lot.

Did they not read my thread about our League winning season-before Gav deleted it?
You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:06 - Aug 18 with 1256 viewswkj

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:04 - Aug 18 by PJH

Don't think so but as it was a huge day in this clubs history they should have taken a bit more care about what they print.
Really it is not worth getting too upset about but I was just reading the programme and came across that.It was either swear about it to my wife(but she is watching Casualty) or rant about it to you lot.

Did they not read my thread about our League winning season-before Gav deleted it?

I just thought that they might ackowledge your fact checking in a future program is all. They clearly paid Gav off to remove that.

Crybaby

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:16 - Aug 18 with 1233 viewspointofblue

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:06 - Aug 18 by wkj

I just thought that they might ackowledge your fact checking in a future program is all. They clearly paid Gav off to remove that.

Plus they may be more careful with their fact checking in future programmes as well if this one is highlighted to them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:22 - Aug 18 with 1222 viewsPJH

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:16 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

Plus they may be more careful with their fact checking in future programmes as well if this one is highlighted to them.

Yes ok, maybe I will email them.
You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:23 - Aug 18 with 1221 viewswkj

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:22 - Aug 18 by PJH

Yes ok, maybe I will email them.

keep fighting the good fight :)

Crybaby

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:24 - Aug 18 with 1216 viewsPJH

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:23 - Aug 18 by wkj

keep fighting the good fight :)

Do you reckon they will ask Gav to dig my thread about the League win out of his archives or wherever he has hidden it?
You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:26 - Aug 18 with 1208 viewswkj

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:24 - Aug 18 by PJH

Do you reckon they will ask Gav to dig my thread about the League win out of his archives or wherever he has hidden it?

If Gav has any way of finding it, maybe create a blog post out of it as I get the impression they don't expire like burried threads do.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:29 - Aug 18 with 1201 viewsPJH

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:26 - Aug 18 by wkj

If Gav has any way of finding it, maybe create a blog post out of it as I get the impression they don't expire like burried threads do.

I could write it all again on 28th April 2019.
You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:36 - Aug 18 with 1185 viewsmonty_radio

Great when the Burnley news came through! As I'd said in your original thread, don't think Crawford's barged goal would pass muster today.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:48 - Aug 18 with 1160 viewsPJH

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:36 - Aug 18 by monty_radio

Great when the Burnley news came through! As I'd said in your original thread, don't think Crawford's barged goal would pass muster today.

The one when he shoulder charged Eddie Hopkinson the Bolton keeper (complete with ball) over the line?

No it wouldn't but perfectly legal then-as I remember it the keeper had to have both feet on the ground and the ball in his hands for it to be legal.
You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:50 - Aug 18 with 1156 viewsPJH

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:16 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

I have emailed the club asking that it gets pointed out to the relevant people.
Obviously it is not a major issue but they should get things like that right.
You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 10:54 - Aug 20 with 986 viewsPJH

You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 21:50 - Aug 18 by PJH

I have emailed the club asking that it gets pointed out to the relevant people.
Obviously it is not a major issue but they should get things like that right.

I got a nice email response from ITFC acknowledging the error.
You would think that the Official ITFC matchday programme on 12:01 - Aug 20 with 931 viewsuppersirbob

I also noticed it says the main club sponsor is Marcus Evans group . Thought it was magical Vegas
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024