Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective 07:28 - Aug 19 with 9930 viewsartsbossbeard

It seems that if you weren't frothing at the mouth, using poor grammar and overusing explanation marks when posting about Mick, the TWTD machine has you labelled as a "Mick Inner". Should you have the temerity to question the PH revolution, you are labelled a "big moaner".

What a time to be alive!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:59 - Aug 19 with 2371 viewsGuthrum

Ah, it's just young people carried away by the heady enthusiasm of a revolutionary situation, blithely forgetful of earlier struggles, so willing to label all and sundry as "reactionaries" at the merest hint of dissent.

At least there are no guillotines involved this time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:04 - Aug 19 with 2350 viewsbrogansnose

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:59 - Aug 19 by Guthrum

Ah, it's just young people carried away by the heady enthusiasm of a revolutionary situation, blithely forgetful of earlier struggles, so willing to label all and sundry as "reactionaries" at the merest hint of dissent.

At least there are no guillotines involved this time.

Shut it Trotskyite revisionist !
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:09 - Aug 19 with 2329 viewsmos

What’s the point?

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:19 - Aug 19 with 2308 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The artsbossbeard's temerity to question Hurst's revolution.

Some of us had had a 'temerity' to slate McCarthy, both his tactics and him as a person. I was one of those and you had been regularly bashing us. Moreover you told me to support Man City.

Furthermore your bizarre obsession over Marcus Evans Out FB group and verbal attacks on those people that have been unhappy with Evans and the clubs policy.

Large number of us had been voicing frustration/anger in the last few seasons over number of factors and we wanted a change. But again, you had been laying into me and others because: 'you were cool with where we were as a club and we should accept who we were and we should have a beer cos it helps'.
The thing is that you have been scared of changes and would rather tread a water and drift along with McCarthy and Evans.

Now we have had an encouraging performance against Villa given the circumstances. Hurst's honest post-Exeter interview seemed to have a very good effect yesterday. Instead of focusing on that you felt you needed to have a go at Edun.
I don't remember any laments from you after very stupid Spence's behaviour and red card at Fulham last January. Or Douglas at Birmingham couple of years ago. Why weren't you lamenting then? Just because it was Saint Mick era and his players?

Today you behave like a teary snowflake and surprised that people 'attack' you for moaning over what Hurst is doing/trying to do. But all of us who had been moaning about McCarthy were bad numbskulls weren't we?

If you don't see and you don't want to see what Hurst is trying to do then perhaps you should start ... supporting Man City.
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:22 - Aug 19 with 2297 viewsartsbossbeard

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:19 - Aug 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

The artsbossbeard's temerity to question Hurst's revolution.

Some of us had had a 'temerity' to slate McCarthy, both his tactics and him as a person. I was one of those and you had been regularly bashing us. Moreover you told me to support Man City.

Furthermore your bizarre obsession over Marcus Evans Out FB group and verbal attacks on those people that have been unhappy with Evans and the clubs policy.

Large number of us had been voicing frustration/anger in the last few seasons over number of factors and we wanted a change. But again, you had been laying into me and others because: 'you were cool with where we were as a club and we should accept who we were and we should have a beer cos it helps'.
The thing is that you have been scared of changes and would rather tread a water and drift along with McCarthy and Evans.

Now we have had an encouraging performance against Villa given the circumstances. Hurst's honest post-Exeter interview seemed to have a very good effect yesterday. Instead of focusing on that you felt you needed to have a go at Edun.
I don't remember any laments from you after very stupid Spence's behaviour and red card at Fulham last January. Or Douglas at Birmingham couple of years ago. Why weren't you lamenting then? Just because it was Saint Mick era and his players?

Today you behave like a teary snowflake and surprised that people 'attack' you for moaning over what Hurst is doing/trying to do. But all of us who had been moaning about McCarthy were bad numbskulls weren't we?

If you don't see and you don't want to see what Hurst is trying to do then perhaps you should start ... supporting Man City.

Keep smiling, Mach.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:22 - Aug 19 with 2299 viewsfactual_blue

It's also how the brexiteers work, in their fundamentally stupid way.

p.s. What's an 'explanation mark'?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 10:22]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:23 - Aug 19 with 2286 viewsartsbossbeard

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:22 - Aug 19 by factual_blue

It's also how the brexiteers work, in their fundamentally stupid way.

p.s. What's an 'explanation mark'?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 10:22]

Stupid spell check.

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:26 - Aug 19 with 2281 viewsBarneycurley

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:22 - Aug 19 by artsbossbeard

Keep smiling, Mach.

It's those silly terse through away lines that start to devalue your 'observations'

It's like 'you've got me there so I will come back with a silly response'

Why not try flexing that brain of yours and try a little harder

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Login to get fewer ads

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:30 - Aug 19 with 2271 viewsartsbossbeard

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:26 - Aug 19 by Barneycurley

It's those silly terse through away lines that start to devalue your 'observations'

It's like 'you've got me there so I will come back with a silly response'

Why not try flexing that brain of yours and try a little harder

Fans of my work will understand that this is my standard response to Mach's overly long posts, which usually follow an away loss . Normally accompanied by a rant at Mick as his half time tea was cold.

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:30 - Aug 19 with 2267 viewsMach_foreignBlue

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:22 - Aug 19 by artsbossbeard

Keep smiling, Mach.

The only answer you can offer then, eh?

Your hypocrisy is so funny.
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:38 - Aug 19 with 2254 viewsBarneycurley

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:30 - Aug 19 by artsbossbeard

Fans of my work will understand that this is my standard response to Mach's overly long posts, which usually follow an away loss . Normally accompanied by a rant at Mick as his half time tea was cold.

Quite a persona You are cultivating there ABB. You seem like a decent guy who also shares my love of gin however I think you try a little hard from time to time. But I don't know you from Adam so who knows.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 17:13 - Aug 19 with 2137 viewsBlueBadger

You are actually coming across as less sane than Fishers and Texters now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 19:12 - Aug 19 with 2099 viewswkj

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 17:13 - Aug 19 by BlueBadger

You are actually coming across as less sane than Fishers and Texters now.

and Truce

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 19:26 - Aug 19 with 2088 viewsSarge

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 19:12 - Aug 19 by wkj

and Truce

And Bluefish
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 19:34 - Aug 19 with 2078 viewsKeaneish

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:44 - Aug 19 by artsbossbeard

Is simpleton farmhand a label or an insult as otherwise I've left others to the labelling?

If you've noted I've not talked about the football, you'll have obviously noted that I've been on my holidays and yesterday was my first match of the season. Some joker hijacked my "quiet/busy on here tonight" moniker and within that you'll clearly see that I felt we couldn't really judge the team performance due to the early sending off. I noted a fair few long balls though, I thought they'd been outlawed? Interesting that.

You couldn't judge the team performance after a 90 minute game of football in which we were the better side even with 10 men but you were able to count the number of long balls we played? Good to have you back. The level of insight is fascinating.

Best hurry up and jump on the PH love train soon. We're all onboard and it's leaving without you as it is many who still haven't quite come to terms that our departure from dreary, uninspiring, unambitious football is actually positive progression and recognised by many on here as long overdue.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 05:21 - Aug 20 with 1992 viewsartsbossbeard

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 19:34 - Aug 19 by Keaneish

You couldn't judge the team performance after a 90 minute game of football in which we were the better side even with 10 men but you were able to count the number of long balls we played? Good to have you back. The level of insight is fascinating.

Best hurry up and jump on the PH love train soon. We're all onboard and it's leaving without you as it is many who still haven't quite come to terms that our departure from dreary, uninspiring, unambitious football is actually positive progression and recognised by many on here as long overdue.

I appear to rattle your cage somewhat, are you ok?

Are you an attendee now or still the stay away fan, out of interest?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 07:23 - Aug 20 with 1947 viewsKeaneish

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 05:21 - Aug 20 by artsbossbeard

I appear to rattle your cage somewhat, are you ok?

Are you an attendee now or still the stay away fan, out of interest?

Attendee.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:19 - Aug 20 with 1915 viewsitfcjoe

The worm has turned - it's gone from blind hatred of the manager to blind faith in him.

I didn't mind Mick but he had to go, think he did a good job overall.

I like what Hurst is trying to do and think it is a good approach with the limited resources we have - but will be worried if we don't get a win soon because wouldn't want to see this squad which is inexperienced at this level in a relegation scrap.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:27 - Aug 20 with 1902 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:19 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

The worm has turned - it's gone from blind hatred of the manager to blind faith in him.

I like what Hurst is trying to do and think it is a good approach with the limited resources we have - but will be worried if we don't get a win soon because wouldn't want to see this squad which is inexperienced at this level in a relegation scrap.

There is still just that small matter of scoring goals isn't there?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:30 - Aug 20 with 1901 viewsGlasgowBlue

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:27 - Aug 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

There is still just that small matter of scoring goals isn't there?

In the 4 competitive games we have played so far this season we have only failed to score in one.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:39 - Aug 20 with 1886 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:30 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

In the 4 competitive games we have played so far this season we have only failed to score in one.

Can we keep the arguing to politics please!
......from what I have seen we do lack a cutting edge/link up pass in front of goal. Even Fulham struggled to make it work until they got Mitrovic ! It's heading in the right direction though.

Edit.... at least 2 of the 4 were presents and another 1 an accident!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 8:42]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:54 - Aug 20 with 1861 viewshype313

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:19 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

Mick did decent job, but the hysteria around his comments and actions towards the end didn't help matters. It was a natural conclusion with him leaving, suited everyone, time to move on and remember the goo times we had.

I like what Hurst is doing, like the calibre of player he is bringing in, but it will all count for nothing if we don't win games.

Pragmatism at it's best there...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:15 - Aug 20 with 1825 viewsGlasgowBlue

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:39 - Aug 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can we keep the arguing to politics please!
......from what I have seen we do lack a cutting edge/link up pass in front of goal. Even Fulham struggled to make it work until they got Mitrovic ! It's heading in the right direction though.

Edit.... at least 2 of the 4 were presents and another 1 an accident!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 8:42]

I’m not arguing I am pointing out facts. And the fact is that we have only failed to score once in a competitive game this season.

What is also pleasing is the goals have been spread around the team so far. In the past we have relied too much on one man, be it Murphy or Waghorn.

Goals are goals. Doesn’t matter how they are scored. If we survived relegation or got into the play offs by having a better goal difference would it matter whether one of those goals came from a 25 yard shot or off Jonas’s Left buttock?

I’d be more concerned that a couple of the 5 goals we have conceded so far, three have come from Bart flapping about.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 9:17]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:27 - Aug 20 with 1801 viewshype313

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:15 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

I’m not arguing I am pointing out facts. And the fact is that we have only failed to score once in a competitive game this season.

What is also pleasing is the goals have been spread around the team so far. In the past we have relied too much on one man, be it Murphy or Waghorn.

Goals are goals. Doesn’t matter how they are scored. If we survived relegation or got into the play offs by having a better goal difference would it matter whether one of those goals came from a 25 yard shot or off Jonas’s Left buttock?

I’d be more concerned that a couple of the 5 goals we have conceded so far, three have come from Bart flapping about.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 9:17]

Our big problem over the past few years has been our distinct lack of goals from midfield, we relied so much on Murphy, Waghorn and McGoldrick to a certain extent to get us goals, which is why there was so much furore when they all left.

If a few of our centre mids and wingers can chip in then the pressure/spotlight won't be on Harrison and Jackson so much, especially given they are both young and new to this league.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:33 - Aug 20 with 1788 viewsMullet

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:27 - Aug 20 by hype313

Our big problem over the past few years has been our distinct lack of goals from midfield, we relied so much on Murphy, Waghorn and McGoldrick to a certain extent to get us goals, which is why there was so much furore when they all left.

If a few of our centre mids and wingers can chip in then the pressure/spotlight won't be on Harrison and Jackson so much, especially given they are both young and new to this league.

Although people overlook the goals Bishop made, complained that we "relied" on Tom Lawrence/don't count him as midfielder, forgot that Huws/Williams got injured just as they got going in the goals department etc. all to mould various perspectives to suit.

We has a season in the middle of that where Bru and Douglas were our midfield outside of Skuse due to injuries too. I think too much was made of Murphy's 27 in that sense, as we also had Berra and Smith scoring a lot of goals, Sears having a decent couple of months and the odd contribution from Anderson etc.

Hurst's strikers aren't the main outlet for goals and his teams aren't free scoring as a general rule of thumb. i think I'm right in saying Bogle is the one who bucks that trend at Grimsby. So it's key Nolan and Edwards start firing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024