Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You lot make me laugh! 09:37 - Aug 19 with 1376 viewsFixed_It

I guess pretty typical of football supporters generally, but last week we were all but relegated (mid-August FFS) and PH was out of his depth, as were most of his signings. But one good performance later (possibly as a reaction to his rantings which seemed a source of so much criticism!) and all is well.
We are a new team, with a lot of new players, playing a new system, under a new manager. It will take time to gell properly. Glad the supporters got behind them yesterday - and really pleased to see the positivity on here since. But maybe we can just ease back on the over-analysis whilst the team finds it's feet?
For once I am looking forward to the international break. With so many late recruitments, I think we'll really see the benefit of time spent on the training ground. COYB!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

You lot make me laugh! on 09:40 - Aug 19 with 1335 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Enough of this nonsense!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

You lot make me laugh! on 09:41 - Aug 19 with 1339 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Fair comment but far too much of a generalisation.

You won't find any comments from my criticising PH or his signings.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

You lot make me laugh! on 09:45 - Aug 19 with 1293 viewsKeno

Pah get you are your common sense!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

You lot make me laugh! on 10:25 - Aug 19 with 1150 viewsWickets

Just differing points of view Bud thats what a forum is all about!
You lot make me laugh! on 10:30 - Aug 19 with 1133 viewstractorshark

You’re right about the over-reaction last week but I think most rational fans were a little concerned, even if they weren’t throwing their toys out of the pram.
And it’s great to see the team play well, with their backs against the wall.
But, in the same way people called for calm last week, I’d also point out we haven’t won a game yet.
Nothing has changed, it will take time.
You lot make me laugh! on 10:32 - Aug 19 with 1120 viewsHennikerBlu

You lot make me laugh! on 10:25 - Aug 19 by Wickets

Just differing points of view Bud thats what a forum is all about!

Precisely and the vast majority are more than willing to support Hurst during this transition. It is usually a small percentage that go to the polarity ends of debates. However, it would be boring if we all agreed.

I like to see it as a group of mates having a pint and debate, sometimes it gets silly, but we all want the same thing for our great club and have plenty of man hugs when we get kicked out of said pub ;)
You lot make me laugh! on 10:46 - Aug 19 with 1059 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Usually disagree with Fixed but he is bang on.

To think some people have had an issue with Hurst's honesty after the Exeter match.

We may lose heavily soon. We may have a tough time as some players need a time to adapt but this team will be fine in the future.

Very encouraging performance against Villa given the circumstances so plenty to look forward to.
You lot make me laugh! on 11:04 - Aug 19 with 997 viewsHennikerBlu

You lot make me laugh! on 10:46 - Aug 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

To think some people have had an issue with Hurst's honesty after the Exeter match.

We may lose heavily soon. We may have a tough time as some players need a time to adapt but this team will be fine in the future.

Very encouraging performance against Villa given the circumstances so plenty to look forward to.

I sincerely hope you are right. I just find these type of threads unhelpful as the vast majority of fans are pretty measured during this transition period and do not fall into the 'you lot' category.

Just to be clear I think the over reactive posts towards Hurst are just as unnecessary too. Especially if they link into the MM era. But I do think it is acceptable to ask questions and debate the changes, surely this is what a forum is about?

What was great about Saturday was the fightback, something we have not seen in sometime, I also think, which was good for PH, was that it was against one of the division's favourites. So a very very positive weekend all round.
Login to get fewer ads

You lot make me laugh! on 13:39 - Aug 19 with 858 viewsFixed_It

You lot make me laugh! on 10:46 - Aug 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Ha! I tend to be over-positive and you tend(ed) to be over negative. Hence we often disagree But hopefully the new era will allow us to agree more often than not. Even Skuse seems to have re-invented himself now the MM shackles are off - you'll be singing his praises soon! ;)

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024