Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? 12:33 - Aug 19 with 5157 viewsITFCBlues

He’s a very good player. But I think I’d rather someone who we know is going to be here next season so we can start to build a settled squad.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:36 - Aug 19 with 3998 viewspointofblue

With no offence to Carter-Vickers I think maybe our desperation is starting to show; I think Hurst would prefer to bringing in a loan-to-sign but the deals are not working out so we’re having to fall back on the next thing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:37 - Aug 19 with 3988 viewsDanTheMan

Get him in for a few months, then get Tilt in January maybe.

We need numbers at the back at the moment and he knows the club. I imagine it'll still be Chambers - Nsiala with Vickers rotating in when people need a rest.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:39 - Aug 19 with 3973 viewsfooters

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:36 - Aug 19 by pointofblue

With no offence to Carter-Vickers I think maybe our desperation is starting to show; I think Hurst would prefer to bringing in a loan-to-sign but the deals are not working out so we’re having to fall back on the next thing.

If CCV's a fallback option, then he's a bloody good one. Agree that we want to keep loans to a minimum ideally, but with where we are we need to make compromises. Would love to see him back here.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:39 - Aug 19 with 3972 viewsHerbivore

It's a bit of an odd one for me. If Spurs let him go on loan they'll expect him to play which means one of Nsiala or Chambers dropping out. He's played all his football in a back three and we're operating with a four, not necessarily a huge issue but he'd need to adjust.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:41 - Aug 19 with 3957 viewsHipsterectomy

I find it weird that we still have Emmanuel. He was excellent in League 1 last year. Would have thought a few clubs would have bid for a loan by now.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:44 - Aug 19 with 3922 viewspointofblue

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:41 - Aug 19 by Hipsterectomy

I find it weird that we still have Emmanuel. He was excellent in League 1 last year. Would have thought a few clubs would have bid for a loan by now.

I don’t think we’ll agree to let Emmanuel go until we get another centre back in. As it stands he can play back up to the right back position with Donacien covering the middle.

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:48 - Aug 19 with 3905 viewsBent_double

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:36 - Aug 19 by pointofblue

We're hardly desperate, we just need cover in that position.

Listening to Brenners commentary yesterday it sounded like Chambers was knackered with about 15 mins to go - not surprising given the circumstances - so yes, to get a player back who was here and did well last season is a no-brainer in my opinion.

Three games in eight days for an 'old' pro like Chambers is asking a lot, especially having to cope with a new system and new teammates as well.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 13:05 - Aug 19 with 3814 viewswkj

If CCV doesnt make the cut at Spurs, we would be a consideration for him, this to me is a loan that might make us a first option in his head if he doesn't make it there.

I know for whatever reason that some people think loans are the work of the devil, and loaned players are 1/2 the quality of anyone you pay for, but this is an essential possition to loan someone in at, without question. I would rather CCV than paying through the arse for Tilt. Tilt is a good player, but the clamouring for him is similar to that of Jack Ross fever, and I personally think the fans are putting him on a ridiculously high pedestal and setting a standard for him that he may never be able to come close to achieving here (or anywhere)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 13:07 - Aug 19 with 3816 viewsTrequartista

Obviously what has happened is that Hurst likes to browse TWTD to get the lowdown on what the fans are thinking and has noticed that the Trequartista chap seems to know what he's talking about

Who ‘genuniely’ would you like PH to get in on loan? by Trequartista 15 Aug 2018 21:53
Carter-Vickers is the obvious choice.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 13:36 - Aug 19 with 3653 viewsChocorange

Carter Vickers played left back for tbe blunts whime on loan to them.

Believe he also played left back for them when they beat us in the FA cup shortly before leaving them and joining us.

We will get injuries and suspensions so an extra option cant be bad.

PH said last week that he does not agree with loans where the player has to be a guaranteed starter when sending players out on loan, guess he will have a similar opinion on incoming players and wont sign up to anything like that.

Now we are in the loans part of the window, the chances of getting someone better than CCV seems slim...an experienced championship and now international defender who knows the club and the players.

Most teams are not going to let a player go on loan with a permanent transfer in mind... why would they? Wpuld deprive themselves of one of (presumeably )their better players and with no cash until Jan. Would have to be a very good offer for them to do that or the club be in big financial trouble. We are never going to be a club making an irresistable transfer offer!

The other likely option is a young premiership loanee without championship experience.

For me this is a yes, gives greater squad depth and coverage and competition for places.
Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 13:45 - Aug 19 with 3620 viewspatrickswell

Would be a great player to have around. In fact, had we kept Waghorn and Garner, I would have felt that CCV coming back could have had us in contention for a top 6 place.
Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 13:55 - Aug 19 with 3563 viewsAljoBlue

Is CCV left footed? Whilst Chambers was excellent yesterday being right footed and playing left CB is extra pressure on him.

I thought Donacien and Nsiala were a fantastic pairing on right side of defence especially as Edwards gets stuck in tackling as well. If they can keep that up that side of defence is strong.
Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 14:07 - Aug 19 with 3513 viewsJ2BLUE

MM tried to sign him permanently when we had little money. We should have a couple of million available so if the price was right (£1m-ish?) who knows? Potentially a better option than Tilt if the price is right.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 14:26 - Aug 19 with 3433 viewsfactual_blue

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 13:07 - Aug 19 by Trequartista

Obviously what has happened is that Hurst likes to browse TWTD to get the lowdown on what the fans are thinking and has noticed that the Trequartista chap seems to know what he's talking about

Who ‘genuniely’ would you like PH to get in on loan? by Trequartista 15 Aug 2018 21:53
Carter-Vickers is the obvious choice.

He'd quickly reach the conclusion that thinking is a bit of a challenge for most of them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 14:28 - Aug 19 with 3415 viewspointofblue

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 14:07 - Aug 19 by J2BLUE

MM tried to sign him permanently when we had little money. We should have a couple of million available so if the price was right (£1m-ish?) who knows? Potentially a better option than Tilt if the price is right.

If we're going in for a loan-to-sign then I'm all for it; I think he'd be an excellent acquistion. I don't think Tottenham will be willing to entertain this until Alderweireld's future is dealt with, though.

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:30 - Aug 19 with 3265 viewsITFCBlues

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 14:28 - Aug 19 by pointofblue

If we're going in for a loan-to-sign then I'm all for it; I think he'd be an excellent acquistion. I don't think Tottenham will be willing to entertain this until Alderweireld's future is dealt with, though.

We’d never afford him. A player of that quality and age would set you back at least 5-6m

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:38 - Aug 19 with 3242 viewsMrTown

Carter-Vickers was exceptional for Town last year. But I can’t see him coming here and sitting on the bench at all. But I would like Tilt in on January permanately.

I think we definitely need another winger though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:39 - Aug 19 with 3234 viewsCurrie10

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 12:48 - Aug 19 by Bent_double

We're hardly desperate, we just need cover in that position.

Listening to Brenners commentary yesterday it sounded like Chambers was knackered with about 15 mins to go - not surprising given the circumstances - so yes, to get a player back who was here and did well last season is a no-brainer in my opinion.

Three games in eight days for an 'old' pro like Chambers is asking a lot, especially having to cope with a new system and new teammates as well.

That doesn't surprise me re Chambers looking knackered.

There was a photo of him just before the season started with him looking quite chunky and like he'd had a good summer.

Enjoy yourself but don't balloon a good stone!
Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:41 - Aug 19 with 3221 viewsCoco

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:39 - Aug 19 by Currie10

There was a photo of him just before the season started with him looking quite chunky and like he'd had a good summer.

Buuullshhhheeeeeeeeeeeet.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:46 - Aug 19 with 3203 viewsMullet

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:39 - Aug 19 by Currie10

Really? Apart from the shaved bonce I didn't notice a difference.

Chambers and Skuse will fade out of the side this year due to age, and having a manager who likes competition in the side.

I can only see CCv being a boon in that respect. Nsiala and Chambers will not manage a full season, that was what did for Berra and Smith in the playoff season and cost us ultimately. Rotating those three would be brilliant and really help us.

As for how CCv feels, he clearly didn't mind switching mid season, so maybe we help him get fit and get noticed and a January change happens. Maybe he enjoyed his time here and feels he can compete with Chalobah and Edun in the making a name for himself stakes.

Maybe with Chambers probably done after this season he feels ready to make Ipswich the place where he commands regular first team football and helps propel us into Europe and whatnot.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:56 - Aug 19 with 3155 viewsTrequartista

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:38 - Aug 19 by MrTown

Carter-Vickers was exceptional for Town last year. But I can’t see him coming here and sitting on the bench at all. But I would like Tilt in on January permanately.

I think we definitely need another winger though.

Why would he sit on the bench? Chambers shouldn't be guaranteed a place just because he is captain.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 15:57 - Aug 19 with 3149 viewsCurrie10

Yes please.

Chambers doesn't look at the races from what I saw v Blackburn / heard from others and clips I've seen.

Defence needs upgrading and CCV was immense last season.
on 17:11 - Aug 19 with 3016 views_

Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 20:03 - Aug 19 with 2848 viewsVaughan8

He is a good player. We aren't going to get anyone else in better than him.

I don't care too much about him not.being here next year. We need people at the back now and he is decent.

Not the only thing we can get is a loan, this is pretty good.
Carter-Vickers...what we thinking? on 20:47 - Aug 19 with 2742 viewsHennikerBlu

on 17:11 - Aug 19 by _

I agree, undoubtedly a very good player at this level. He had notable games against Cardiff and Wolves, for me not far off a Prem regular.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024